collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 03:24:46 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:24:01 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:22:21 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:20:13 PM]

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 03:10:44 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:07:15 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 03:24:46 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:24:01 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 03:23:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 03:23:10 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:22:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:20:29 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:20:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:12:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555096 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2625 on: February 05, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »
I’ll say this for him. For someone who has won pretty much everything in the game he sure appears to be loving his time with us.

As a defender he's always gone out and done a job since he's been here. What I like now, since he came back from injury is his leadership, he's still putting in the performances but now you can really see how much he cares. He is indeed loving it. Just see him at full time at Sheffield United as an example. We have a few leaders in the team but more importantly, we have what Mourinho at Chelsea called 'a collective' (mentality). It's something we've been missing for far too long.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2626 on: February 05, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »
As I am too lazy to look it up, and we are looking worryingly threatening at the top end of the table, how many league games has he played now?

We've played 29 and I'm sure he missed the 10 between QPR (a) and Bristol City (h) so I make that 19.  Or 18 and a half if you want to include him going off v Sheff Wed.

They will quote it as 19. So we need to get promoted against Derby, with him having played no more than 28 games beforehand, to avoid my forfeit.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #2627 on: February 05, 2018, 08:18:57 PM »
I’ll say this for him. For someone who has won pretty much everything in the game he sure appears to be loving his time with us.

As a defender he's always gone out and done a job since he's been here. What I like now, since he came back from injury is his leadership, he's still putting in the performances but now you can really see how much he cares. He is indeed loving it. Just see him at full time at Sheffield United as an example. We have a few leaders in the team but more importantly, we have what Mourinho at Chelsea called 'a collective' (mentality). It's something we've been missing for far too long.

Completely agree. We might not put in a perfect performance every week but the players clearly have a lot of belief in one another and are working as a unit. It's always a good sign when they so obviously take delight in each others' achievements. There doesn't seem to be any Billy Big Bollocks amongst them, and it's testament to Terry that he's behaving like another member of the team. We're reaping the rewards of bringing in players like him and Snodgrass now. Their mentality is just as important as their ability on the pitch.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2628 on: February 05, 2018, 11:29:34 PM »

Completely agree. We might not put in a perfect performance every week but the players clearly have a lot of belief in one another and are working as a unit. It's always a good sign when they so obviously take delight in each others' achievements. There doesn't seem to be any Billy Big Bollocks amongst them, and it's testament to Terry that he's behaving like another member of the team. We're reaping the rewards of bringing in players like him and Snodgrass now. Their mentality is just as important as their ability on the pitch.

Erm..completely agree. I said a few months back Snodgrass was the catalyst to our season, he wasn't here to just pick up his wages and it's rubbed off on the rest of the team that were half asleep, expecting just the name of Aston Villa to take us to automatic promotion. When you think that Burton's squad cost £880,000 and ours closer to £83m, you can almost understand but the one thing Bruce got right about this divisions is they're all tough games. You need to match the opposition for effort and that we generally manage to do.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2629 on: February 10, 2018, 06:27:12 PM »
Well John. If tomorrow is a full house it will be the biggest home crowd you will ever have played in front of in a league game. And it will be in the Championship. Welcome to a big club.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #2630 on: February 10, 2018, 07:10:43 PM »
Well John. If tomorrow is a full house it will be the biggest home crowd you will ever have played in front of in a league game. And it will be in the Championship. Welcome to a big club.

Love this!

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2631 on: February 10, 2018, 07:16:39 PM »

Clappy thing and potentially nicked!

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2632 on: February 10, 2018, 07:21:48 PM »

Love it. Nicked!!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2633 on: February 11, 2018, 08:14:25 PM »
We all felt that way at the final whistle...

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2634 on: February 11, 2018, 08:20:12 PM »
His skill and quality are one thing, his power of Jedi mind control over referees is something to behold.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2635 on: February 11, 2018, 08:24:12 PM »
After a ropey start, we're probably talking about player of the season.

And our best player for at least the last three years.

Bruce's policy of Sign All The Captains looked like a pig in a poke; and you won't always get the sort of response we've got from Terry this season if we stick to signing big name players on the wane. But if we secure automatic promotion Terry will have played a big part of that. It's hard to argue the signing hasn't been a success.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2636 on: February 11, 2018, 08:24:27 PM »
His face said it all as he left the pitch at the end.  I think he's loving it here.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2637 on: February 11, 2018, 08:27:25 PM »
A Harry Ballsack top, top player.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #2638 on: February 11, 2018, 09:03:36 PM »
I'll judge him on what he has contributed to Aston villa F.C. And in that respect he has been exemplary.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #2639 on: February 11, 2018, 09:07:01 PM »
I want him here next season so when we play Chelsea we can sing

He's one of our own

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal