collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555164 times)

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2385 on: December 18, 2017, 08:12:05 PM »
Terry is a good centre half; mostly in the traditional mould but with better distribution than the likes of Adams, Butcher or whoever. One of the best players in the UK for that position in the last 12-15 years.

McGrath was beamed down from another planet. He walked amongst us mere mortals, wasn't one of us but came to love us.

When time travel is de rigueur and this crazy, mixed up place we call Earth is taking on Gliese 876 in the Intergalactic Championship, McGrath and Beckenbauer will be the brains of the operation at the back for the Earth lot.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2386 on: December 18, 2017, 09:04:13 PM »
Mcgrath could play in midfield and still look majestic
as good as Terry is as a centre half he hasn’t got the quality of McGrath to play in midfield

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2387 on: December 18, 2017, 09:27:02 PM »
I think it's a disservice to Terry to call him a 'good centre half' he's been a world class defender for most of his career.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2388 on: December 18, 2017, 09:31:39 PM »
He was shit when it came to penalties.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2389 on: December 18, 2017, 09:51:47 PM »
He was shit when it came to penalties.

Then again we had one ourselves. Step forward Mr Southgate...

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #2390 on: December 18, 2017, 10:09:47 PM »
Terry has added a level of professionalism to this team and his leadership skills are far and above any other captain we've had for a good few years.  And yes, in terms of medals, he is ahead of McGrath  However, McGrath was a one-off.  To be as consistently brilliant as he was is incredible, but given it was against a backdrop of an inconsistent and often chaotic life away from the field makes it even more miraculous.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2391 on: December 18, 2017, 10:57:56 PM »
Listening to John Terry on Sky tonight I'm convinced he's got a job lined up on the management staff when we do get promoted. He'll retire from playing once we've achieved promotion. His list of contacts are second to none.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #2392 on: December 18, 2017, 11:36:40 PM »
Listening to John Terry on Sky tonight I'm convinced he's got a job lined up on the management staff when we do get promoted. He'll retire from playing once we've achieved promotion. His list of contacts are second to none.

I've no doubt that's the case, all this support for the team whilst injured isn't a sudden conversion to our club. Still, if we get something out of it then he's useful on and off the field.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2393 on: December 18, 2017, 11:40:30 PM »

I've no doubt that's the case, all this support for the team whilst injured isn't a sudden conversion to our club. Still, if we get something out of it then he's useful on and off the field.

All this support? He was watching Chelsea at the weekend rather than us.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2394 on: December 19, 2017, 12:00:03 AM »

He's not let us down on the pitch.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #2395 on: December 19, 2017, 09:29:24 AM »
Football is definitely a funny old game which makes it different to any other “business” anywhere. I can’t stand the guy but I can’t wait to see him back in a Villa shirt again. God would have been head and shoulders better than Terry given the training/nutrition/sports science etc that Terry has had in the modern game

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2396 on: December 19, 2017, 11:44:35 AM »

Who could blame him?!

He's also driven himself to watch a game in East Anglia when he wasn't playing, was on the bench in others whilst injured. Do you expect him to be at every game?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2397 on: December 19, 2017, 11:57:03 AM »

Who could blame him?!

He's also driven himself to watch a game in East Anglia when he wasn't playing, was on the bench in others whilst injured. Do you expect him to be at every game?

As team captain and on the books of the Villa to the tune of £60k a week?  Yes, I absolutely expect him to be there every game.

There seems to be an incredibly low expectation bar set for players these days - first he was lauded for doing some training and now he's being given a free pass to skip games when he'd rather go to watch Chelsea.  If the cost of my season ticket is contributing to his extortionate salary he can suffer our "performances" just like me!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2398 on: December 19, 2017, 12:01:08 PM »
It is very, very difficult to criticise any of his conduct since he has been with us.  If we get to the playoffs, the thought of him being in the side with all his big game experience gives me a lot of hope.  I hope he can get fit and play another year whichever division we are in.

I also hope that his conduct whilst with us begins to change the mind of those who dislike him.  There is probably a lot more to the bloke than the incidents we read in the papers.

Offline Dougs Socks

« Reply #2399 on: December 19, 2017, 12:03:56 PM »
Think we miss Terry more than "Kodger" in the grand scale of things.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal