collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Robin Olsen by Risso
[Today at 12:21:59 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Forge10
[Today at 12:21:29 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:18:48 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:16:32 AM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:16:20 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:14:04 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[April 27, 2024, 11:48:51 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[April 27, 2024, 11:32:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555697 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #1950 on: September 21, 2017, 01:10:36 PM »
He’s had to go in, and I think he’s been asked by the manager to try and get things and standards and lifting everybody. And he’s doing that well, but it takes time sometimes

Call me an old fashioned cynic but is this the real reason Bruce got him in - to motivate so he does not have to or seemingly can't do?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1951 on: September 21, 2017, 01:41:27 PM »
He’s had to go in, and I think he’s been asked by the manager to try and get things and standards and lifting everybody. And he’s doing that well, but it takes time sometimes

Call me an old fashioned cynic but is this the real reason Bruce got him in - to motivate so he does not have to or seemingly can't do?

That does lead to an interesting discussion of what Bruce is actually doing:
-He isn't coaching, he rarely goes on the training ground by all accounts and last time we had a couple of weeks without a game he took a holiday.
-He appears to have delegated motivation to his captain based on that quote
-He doesn't seem to study the opposition because all too often we get caught out by things he should have known if he had.
-He doesn't do tactics (his own words).
He's not working to improve the scouting network of coaching structure, that's Round's job.

Have I missed anything?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1952 on: September 21, 2017, 01:53:44 PM »
I've had a read of the posts on here and decided to have a rethink and maybe give him a chance, clean slate and all that.

With that in mind, I still hate him and wish he wasn't anywhere near Aston Villa.
<clappy thing> :))

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1953 on: September 21, 2017, 01:54:56 PM »

-He isn't coaching, he rarely goes on the training ground by all accounts and last time we had a couple of weeks without a game he took a holiday.
-He doesn't seem to study the opposition because all too often we get caught out by things he should have known if he had.
He's not working to improve the scouting network of coaching structure, that's Round's job.

Have I missed anything?

Press conferences 😊

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1954 on: September 21, 2017, 02:01:35 PM »

Have I missed anything?

Press conferences 😊

after match interviews starting with the word

Look

and throws in 'they are a good team '
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:03:27 PM by JUAN PABLO »

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1955 on: September 21, 2017, 02:52:52 PM »
And 'it's been a horrible/unfortunate/awful* one * delete as appropriate.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1956 on: September 21, 2017, 04:22:13 PM »
I've had a read of the posts on here and decided to have a rethink and maybe give him a chance, clean slate and all that.

With that in mind, I still hate him and wish he wasn't anywhere near Aston Villa.

ha ha love it
I could just insert a different name and use the same post if that's ok

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #1957 on: September 21, 2017, 04:39:24 PM »
He seems to spend a lot of time at Chelsea for my liking. Sure he lives close by the training ground, and his connection to the club, but I would imagine that he was bought in to help guide the team and youngsters. which is tough if you're on holiday or at Chelsea a lot.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1958 on: September 21, 2017, 04:41:12 PM »
He seems to spend a lot of time at Chelsea for my liking. Sure he lives close by the training ground, and his connection to the club, but I would imagine that he was bought in to help guide the team and youngsters. which is tough if you're on holiday or at Chelsea a lot.

Does he? How much time?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1959 on: September 21, 2017, 05:14:57 PM »
And 'it's been a horrible/unfortunate/awful* one * delete as appropriate.

“Look, we’re disappointed with the result, of course we are, but they’re a big team, and that’s probably the worst we’ve played since I’ve been here.”

Repeat to fade.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #1960 on: September 21, 2017, 06:09:50 PM »

Does he? How much time?

I couldn't give a toss if he goes home from work I know I do, if his performances on the pitch were poor because of the travelling that would be different.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #1961 on: September 21, 2017, 06:21:38 PM »

Does he? How much time?

Pure speculation of course based on his Instagram postings.

Offline Damo70

John Terry -signed
« Reply #1962 on: September 21, 2017, 07:00:51 PM »
He might use hotels or he might have bought a place up here but I'm pretty sure his wife, kids and family home are still down South and he does seem to spend a fair bit of time down there.

When BFR bought Deano didn't the deal involve him still living up North and the club providing him with a driver?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1963 on: September 21, 2017, 09:46:36 PM »
Friedel lived ooop north.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1964 on: September 21, 2017, 11:00:07 PM »
Terry drove himself to Norwich, when he wasn't selected, or asked to go, just to support the other players. That's not someone who doesn't give a shit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal