collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555452 times)

Offline Ormy Droid

• Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #1170 on: July 03, 2017, 03:18:23 PM »
My moral compass broke ages ago. I'm so disillusioned these days, I couldn't be arsed if we signed the reanimated corpse of Augusto Pinochet, provided it meant we were likely to be less shit.

Say what you like but he could fill a stadium.

He certainly knew how to make mincemeat out of the opposition.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1171 on: July 03, 2017, 03:22:57 PM »
I do feel sorry for Baker as well.  However, he is injury prone and has never completed a substantial run of games so between the pair of them we have a solid partner for Chester.

I bet he made around 30 appearances last season. Not that bad all things considered, such as Elphick starting the season as well

I honestly felt Chester & Baker complimented each other well. Chester reads the game quite well and Baker was the head in where it hurts foil for him. Plus he's left footed which means we had a natural balance at the back as well

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1172 on: July 03, 2017, 03:24:45 PM »
Baker also had about the only decent song we've had since Yorke left.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #1173 on: July 03, 2017, 03:25:12 PM »
I am not as outraged as I would have been 5 years ago but Villa have become a pathetic team in recent seasons and an embarrassment in a lot of games they have played  . JT is one footballer I have hated most of his football career ( maybe I should not say hated , its a harsh word ) but I just want Villa back in the Prem and  he is a good footballer even at his age , you dont always need pace when you have a brain  and he is a leader , top winning managers have always put his name on their team sheet first and will make a big difference in the team .

Just do it this season JT FFS

well they've had to put his name 1st on the team sheet as the ones that don't tend to not stay in the job for much longer

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1174 on: July 03, 2017, 03:26:00 PM »
It will be interesting to see if we end up "paying" Terry to scout some of our up and coming youngsters (Green, RHM, Davis, Grealish etc.) or any other up and coming youngster in the championship) for chelski. I wouldnt want us to be their feeder club! Bruce has just increased the pressure on himself with this signing. The first 6 games are going to be crucial for him.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1175 on: July 03, 2017, 03:30:44 PM »
It will be interesting to see if we end up "paying" Terry to scout some of our up and coming youngsters (Green, RHM, Davis, Grealish etc.) or any other up and coming youngster in the championship) for chelski. I wouldnt want us to be their feeder club! Bruce has just increased the pressure on himself with this signing. The first 6 games are going to be crucial for him.

Can't see the Big League gazillionaire champions bothering about players who can't get in the starting eleven of a mid table Championship team.

Offline shaw thing

« Reply #1176 on: July 03, 2017, 03:42:27 PM »
Well , we got our nasty streak. Welcome but blerrrggghhh.Anyone got a cloth ?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1177 on: July 03, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »
Baker has played something like 72 league games in the last 2 years. Chuck in a few games missed for suspensions during that time and him being behind Elphick for the first couple of months of last season and he hasn't missed that many through injury.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1178 on: July 03, 2017, 03:54:49 PM »
I do feel sorry for Baker as well.  However, he is injury prone and has never completed a substantial run of games so between the pair of them we have a solid partner for Chester.

I bet he made around 30 appearances last season. Not that bad all things considered, such as Elphick starting the season as well

I honestly felt Chester & Baker complimented each other well. Chester reads the game quite well and Baker was the head in where it hurts foil for him. Plus he's left footed which means we had a natural balance at the back as well

I doubt if he was club footed he could have had a worse delivery than he has.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1179 on: July 03, 2017, 03:56:17 PM »
Chris, you might be right-time will tell. I was thinking academy youngsters also. If we have a good season and one of the players I mentioned comes through, you never know what interest that could create. Also I think manufactured teams like chelski, don't always take players on to play them, but to stop rival teams from playing them.

Online VillaBoy_23

« Reply #1180 on: July 03, 2017, 04:04:16 PM »
Some of the responses on this thread are borderline hysterical. Welcome to the Villa JT, hoping you'll give us the mentality to get us promoted next season.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1181 on: July 03, 2017, 04:09:50 PM »
Hallelujah we have a centre half who can actually pass a ball properly! There is a chance we might even try and pass it from the back and retain a bit of possession rather than hoof and chase...going through be weird to watch

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1182 on: July 03, 2017, 04:11:01 PM »
Baker has played something like 72 league games in the last 2 years. Chuck in a few games missed for suspensions during that time and him being behind Elphick for the first couple of months of last season and he hasn't missed that many through injury.

Will Baker miss the first 3 games anyway, given his sending off against Brighton?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1183 on: July 03, 2017, 04:13:26 PM »

Will Baker miss the first 3 games anyway, given his sending off against Brighton?

1 game I think.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #1184 on: July 03, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »
Hallelujah we have a centre half who can actually pass a ball properly! There is a chance we might even try and pass it from the back and retain a bit of possession rather than hoof and chase...going through be weird to watch

This

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal