collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa match thread by AV84
[Today at 07:39:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 552803 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #885 on: July 01, 2017, 11:01:50 AM »
I think it's a low moment, and funnily enough I don't even care if he improves us. But, more's the point, is he really the very best we can do for the money we're paying him? Or is Bruce just being an unimaginative starfucker here?

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #886 on: July 01, 2017, 11:03:57 AM »
Yes but there is a difference between Xia wanting big names and Xia backing his manager.

100% and I think based on those golf days it's more likely to be the latter.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #887 on: July 01, 2017, 11:08:19 AM »
I think it's a low moment, and funnily enough I don't even care if he improves us. But, more's the point, is he really the very best we can do for the money we're paying him? Or is Bruce just being an unimaginative starfucker here?
Agree totally. Just come firms my opinion of him. Another chancer that is out of his depth with no imagination  and no idea of what we need.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #888 on: July 01, 2017, 11:16:53 AM »
Agree totally. Just come firms my opinion of him. Another chancer that is out of his depth with no imagination  and no idea of what we need.

Well we don't know really. If his level hasn't declined too much then he is the best we can get for that money. If his level is like 75% of what he used to be he'll be the best defender in the league by a distance. It's just that if, which we won't know until he's playing.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #889 on: July 01, 2017, 11:21:11 AM »
It's going to happen isn't it? I hate the thought of him in a Villa shirt, I don't understand the signing at all.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #890 on: July 01, 2017, 11:23:52 AM »
I get the signing from a footballing perspective, subject to the 'if' I mentioned above. Combined with the fact he could probably get easier gigs for more money, which suggests he still has motivation to achieve something. But yeah the character element is the big red flag.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #891 on: July 01, 2017, 11:25:12 AM »
Weird signing...and not my favorite by any means. Will he improve us? Yes, even though the defence wasn't a major issue. IMO it's not leaders, winners, experience and such like that we need most. We need Bruce to sort this formation and style of playing out. That the major issue for me.

Anyway, my love for Villa is greater than my disliking of Terry so if it improves us on the pitch then all well and good with me. 

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #892 on: July 01, 2017, 11:32:55 AM »
Weird signing...and not my favorite by any means. Will he improve us? Yes, even though the defence wasn't a major issue. IMO it's not leaders, winners, experience and such like that we need most. We need Bruce to sort this formation and style of playing out. That the major issue for me.

Anyway, my love for Villa is greater than my disliking of Terry so if it improves us on the pitch then all well and good with me.

Most sensible and honest post of the year by far.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #893 on: July 01, 2017, 11:57:44 AM »
A question;

It's October (you see where this is going?), you're in Mordor, it's the 95th minute and it's 1-1 in the battle between good and evil. A corner to us at the Agbonlahor End. It's whipped in. John Terry rises like a Grand Wizard. He bladders the ball into the net.

What do you do?

You charge down the front like an extra in Braveheart (silly film)? You tut loudly? You're not watching as you're boycotting?

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #894 on: July 01, 2017, 12:07:16 PM »
Cheer the goal not the man? 

I had no problems celebrating that shitbag Agbonlahor's goal against SHA, for example.

A far more likely scenario is 97 year-old John Terry won't be lasting until the 95th minute anyroad.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #895 on: July 01, 2017, 12:13:18 PM »
If it's on the TV there is no chance i'll still be awake by the 95th minute.

Online Taylor

« Reply #896 on: July 01, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »

Most sensible and honest post of the year by far.
Spot on.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #897 on: July 01, 2017, 12:49:03 PM »

Common sense prevails.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #898 on: July 01, 2017, 01:11:02 PM »
For the first time since Tony Xia took over I begin to have niggling doubts about him.  He seemed to want RDM because he was a high profile known name.  Now he seems to backing the use of a substantial amount of his money with the same motivation.  Our priorities should be the maximisation of the abilities of a talented squad.  Picking the right teams, playing them in their best positions, being tactically astute, getting the team fully fit, building team spirit, getting rid of dead wood from the squad.  Instead the focus has shifted to us becoming John Terry's Aston Villa.

The first half dozen games of the new season are as important as any in our history.  I wish I was more confident.

I think you're trying to suggest that Xia is trying to inflict certain players onto the manager. I think Bruce would walk if it was the chairman buying the players and not the manager.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #899 on: July 01, 2017, 01:18:31 PM »
This can't be real surely?

If true I think this will be the most embarrassing thing Villa have done since McLeish came in, which is really saying something. I've been pretty heartbroken at how low we've sunk, it's made me fall out of love with football (I barely watch any games these days) And now this, my most hated player of all time supposedly signing for us? Wake me when this nightmare is over.

More embarrassing than relegation, countless cup defeats against lower league shite or having Chelsea, Liverpool and Southampton put at least 5 past us?

I don't particularly like the man either but like all new signings we should wipe the slate clean and give him a chance.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal