collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549775 times)

Offline AV5nobs

Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #510 on: June 25, 2017, 09:19:42 PM »
I would rather Steve Hodge, Alpay and lescott be in our line up that do any form of shopping on a Saturday.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #511 on: June 25, 2017, 09:29:18 PM »
34 pages in 4 days.With the debate as bitter as any Doug Ellis or Celtic/Rangers thread on H & V, it shows the truest words were said back on page 1.

Even if he doesn't split the dressing room, he's already splitting the fan base.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #512 on: June 25, 2017, 09:34:28 PM »
The comments do not reflect the votes that's for sure.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #513 on: June 25, 2017, 09:49:51 PM »
It's just as well we have a solid amount of season ticket holders who have no choice but to attempt to be supportive, regardless of form, weather or bastards playing for us.

Let's face it we've brought some arseholes we all still keep going. It's that or go up the asda with the Mrs

Nobody is taking my missus up the asda on a Saturday afternoon, thank you very much.

That would be a cause for concern to be sure, but he takes her up the Aldi the situation is considerably worse.

I won't even mention taking her up the John Lewis, as this is a family friendly forum.

If the culprit takes her up the waitrose then retribution is required.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #514 on: June 25, 2017, 10:02:36 PM »
Did you hear the true story about Waitrose?  They ran a customer competition to complete a slogan. "I shop at Waitrose because...."

The winning entry was "...because my butler is on holiday."

Meanwhile back to Mr Terry.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #515 on: June 25, 2017, 10:03:35 PM »
It's just as well we have a solid amount of season ticket holders who have no choice but to attempt to be supportive, regardless of form, weather or bastards playing for us.

Let's face it we've brought some arseholes we all still keep going. It's that or go up the asda with the Mrs

Nobody is taking my missus up the asda on a Saturday afternoon, thank you very much.

That would be a cause for concern to be sure, but he takes her up the Aldi the situation is considerably worse.

I won't even mention taking her up the John Lewis, as this is a family friendly forum.

Do we still have Pound Stretchers?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #516 on: June 25, 2017, 10:04:36 PM »

Really?  I think over half saying they don't want him, less than a 3rd saying he'd be a good signing and the rest sitting on the fence is pretty much exactly how I'd read the comments.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #517 on: June 25, 2017, 10:13:44 PM »

Really?  I think over half saying they don't want him, less than a 3rd saying he'd be a good signing and the rest sitting on the fence is pretty much exactly how I'd read the comments.

Are you really claiming 0.7% as "over"?  Clutching much?

Just under half are not against him arriving is another way to spin it...but back to my point, the comments of anti JT joining us have been way more than 50% of the voters.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #518 on: June 25, 2017, 10:16:14 PM »
The 20% that don't care probably won't be saying muc as, well, they don't care. So the 50% against will probably have more posts than the 30% in favour, as there's more of them.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:23:53 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #519 on: June 25, 2017, 10:16:35 PM »

Just under half are not against him arriving is another way to spin it...but back to my point, the comments of anti JT joining us have been way more than 50% of the voters.
50.5% is over half. That's just a fact. 50.000000000001% would be over half.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #520 on: June 25, 2017, 10:17:36 PM »
There certainly are more of them.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #521 on: June 25, 2017, 10:18:50 PM »

I think you have missed the point on this one.

Online yammers

« Reply #522 on: June 25, 2017, 10:26:22 PM »

Do we still have Pound Stretchers?

Think it's Poundland now!

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #523 on: June 25, 2017, 10:37:00 PM »

What time is it? I'm feeling so tired.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #524 on: June 25, 2017, 10:41:44 PM »

No, you've missed the point, over half is a fact, about 1 in 5 not really caring is another fact.

After that you're trying to suggest that the number of posts should reflect that but that's overly simplistic.  Even people that have said yes are often "he's a twat but he's good", that's not a passionate endorsement, whereas many of the people who don't want him think he's an absolute arsehole who should never be anywhere near the club.  The difference in strength of opinion there is why the posts are skewed.  If you look at it in terms of posters it's, as I say, exactly as you'd expect.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal