collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 550034 times)

Offline peter w

Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »
I have no idea what that means. Do you have the same disregard and contempt for Atkinson as you do for Terry?

Offline peter w

« Reply #271 on: June 22, 2017, 08:21:58 PM »
As it is...I don't think he'll sign for us. He'll be off the the States.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #272 on: June 22, 2017, 08:25:27 PM »
I have no idea what that means. Do you have the same disregard and contempt for Atkinson as you do for Terry?

Not quite, but fairly close to be honest. I know this might be a minority opinion and I know he's from a different era etc etc, but by Christ what he said was disgusting.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2017, 08:39:31 PM »
It's fairly unlikely, but I'd be pretty annoyed if we offered Big Ron some sort of job. What he did wasn't as bad as what Terry did. But it was very bad.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2017, 08:40:21 PM »
As it is...I don't think he'll sign for us. He'll be off the the States.

You can get 25-1 on "Any MLS Club".

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #275 on: June 22, 2017, 09:08:14 PM »

Not quite, but fairly close to be honest. I know this might be a minority opinion and I know he's from a different era etc etc, but by Christ what he said was disgusting.

Agreed. And he could have won us the league and FA Cup and I'd still agree.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2017, 09:26:08 PM »
For the life of me, I can't get my head around why he'd want to come to us. The only thing I can think of is that he wants some of what
Lampard got for scoring his billionth goal, as opposed to what he himself was on the end of on the same day.

I'd never dream of not watching the Villa because of who's stuffing the shirt, but I'd not be above spending every ninety minutes displaying a countenance of uncomfortable disbelief.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #277 on: June 22, 2017, 09:28:21 PM »
For the life of me, I can't get my head around why he'd want to come to us. The only thing I can think of is that he wants some of what
Lampard got for scoring his billionth goal, as opposed to what he himself was on the end of on the same day.

I'd never dream of not watching the Villa because of who's stuffing the shirt, but I'd not be above spending every ninety minutes displaying a countenance of uncomfortable disbelief.

I would love to see that phrase on a banner :)

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #278 on: June 22, 2017, 10:07:58 PM »
Assuming that it is the manager's decision, Steve Bruce is p****** me off.  First bringing back GA and now JT.  Why not go for the hat-trick Steve and bring Richards back into the team.

I thought bringing back Agbonlahor for the Small Heath match turned out quite well, didn't you?

And what else did he do in the rest of the games he played.  £3m for one goal that Harry Redknapp's wife could have scored (until he ran her over).  Great example for young players at the club.

So I take it you didn't cheer that goal then, out of principle?

Of course I cheered the goal, I'm a Villa supporter.  That doesn't alter the point.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #279 on: June 22, 2017, 10:19:39 PM »
Assuming that it is the manager's decision, Steve Bruce is p****** me off.  First bringing back GA and now JT.  Why not go for the hat-trick Steve and bring Richards back into the team.

I thought bringing back Agbonlahor for the Small Heath match turned out quite well, didn't you?

And what else did he do in the rest of the games he played.  £3m for one goal that Harry Redknapp's wife could have scored (until he ran her over).  Great example for young players at the club.

So I take it you didn't cheer that goal then, out of principle?

Of course I cheered the goal, I'm a Villa supporter.  That doesn't alter the point.

But you criticised the manager for bringing back Gabby yet you cheered when he scored the winning goal. It just doesn't add up.
As for Terry, personally I think people can say racist comments but it doesn't necessarily mean you're a racist. If he were such a disgusting racist then why didn't the black players at Chelsea seem to have a problem with him? It may have been a personal thing between the Ferdinands and Terry that was blown out of proportion. I've never liked Terry but he's a winner and we could do with one of those. Ron Atkinson said something horribly racist but I don't think he's a racist either and the incident didn't make me change my respect for him. I'm sure we've all said things in the heat of the moment that we later regret.

Offline boozey182

« Reply #280 on: June 22, 2017, 10:24:18 PM »
Could someone list relevant email addresses for those of us not on Twitter?

I have found, from this site in 2014, that Lee Preece is the Supporter Liaison Officer and his e mail address is lee.preece@avfc.co.uk. I'm not sure if he's in the job still, but that could be a good place to start. The more emails that get sent, the more chance the club will listen to what they say. Hopefully...

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #281 on: June 22, 2017, 10:28:08 PM »
"People can say racist comments but it doesn't necessary mean you're racist?"

What the holy fuck does that mean????

Do you just mean that casual racism is acceptable?
Or racist banter?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:29:47 PM by andyh »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #282 on: June 22, 2017, 10:30:24 PM »
It means people say things they don't believe I would imagine.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #283 on: June 22, 2017, 10:40:48 PM »
It means people say things they don't believe I would imagine.

This.

I deplore rascist comments but 90% of people who make racist comments aren't actually rascist, they don't have the education to even begin to justify why they don't like a race they don't understand.

If Big Ron became involved with our club again in any shape or form there wouldn't be a murmur.

I don't like JT but if he can get us up welcome.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #284 on: June 22, 2017, 10:49:13 PM »
Personally I'd have him in the side. In a footballing sense he'd improve us even at his age. An experienced player who might just help be the difference to us next season.

All of the other stuff? IMO if he puts a shift in and the side improves his past becomes less of an issue for supporters.

Football wise if we get the opportunity to sign him, can we really turn it down? Shouldn't we just move on and get on with it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal