collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549819 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2017, 11:54:23 AM »
So £100,000 per week and £2m promotion bonus.

Being reported as £60k with £2 promotion bonus in most places. 

If we get up it's worth it.

Those finances wouldn't be an issue if we got up.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2017, 11:55:13 AM »
We need to change our name to Southampton as we have a hell of a lot of saints for supporters. How many on here calling him all the name's under the sun can say with hand on heart they have never make a comment about the colour of somebodies skin colour or race whether in jest or not.

'People objecting to Ched Evans? We should change our name to Bill Oddie as we have a lot of Goodies on hear. Who here hand on heart can say they've never forced themselves on a woman without consent, whether in jest or not.'
Wasn't he cleared ?

Alright, whatever, replace him with Jimmy Saville or Tarquinius Superbus or whoever on earth you want. Point stands, no?

At least if we are winning one-nil, we will be able to park the Superbus.

Online boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2017, 12:02:12 PM »
I can't stand him either, but I think he'd certainly improve our chances of a return to the cash cow aka The Premier League. If Bruce decides he wants Terry, there's sod-all I can do or say to change his mind.

I'm not sure that's true, there's plenty we can do. If watching that shit play for Villa would lessen your enjoyment, then tell the club. The majority of people on here don't want him, so we need to make our voices heard.

Tweet Xia and Wyness:
https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia?s=09
https://twitter.com/retsub12?s=09

Phone the ticket office and ask about their season ticket refund policy. Email any contact at the club that you can find an email address for. We don't have to stand by and let this happen. If the club make a mistake, it's our job to let them know. We're Aston Villa and we're far too good for John Terry. No matter what division we're in.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »
Maybe the rationale is that this signing will make it easier to attract other players by signing a name.
Maybe we will get first dibs on some of the talent comming through the youth system at Chelsea.

Do the views on here accurately represent the Villa Park faithful?

Offline manic-road

« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2017, 12:04:56 PM »
If he signs then time will tell whether it is a good signing or not. If SB thinks he will improve the defence then so be it.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2017, 12:05:26 PM »
We need to change our name to Southampton as we have a hell of a lot of saints for supporters. How many on here calling him all the name's under the sun can say with hand on heart they have never make a comment about the colour of somebodies skin colour or race whether in jest or not.

'People objecting to Ched Evans? We should change our name to Bill Oddie as we have a lot of Goodies on hear. Who here hand on heart can say they've never forced themselves on a woman without consent, whether in jest or not.'
Wasn't he cleared ?

Alright, whatever, replace him with Jimmy Saville or Tarquinius Superbus or whoever on earth you want. Point stands, no?
Well no the point doesn't stand. You were trying to be clever by bringing sexual predators into it and referring to someone who you thought had been convicted of rape when on appeal they were cleared.
I don't want us to sign Terry but that is purely down to football reasons, but my point was all the righteous on here are bringing up the race card, how many hands on heart can swear they have never made a stupid comment or even thought it.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2017, 12:07:57 PM »

Wasn't he cleared ?

I think a lot of it comes down what, as a fan, you want your club to represent.  I went to watch someone I know play in a game last season against Plymouth and Luke McCormack was in goal for them.  I did find myself thinking that although his circumstances are wildly different  to those of John Terry, could I really support him if he was playing for Villa.

I'm not championing Terry's cause at all, but would the same be said of Ron Atkinson if he were to be appointed by the club in some capacity?   

It's still a no from me though. 

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2017, 12:08:20 PM »
And my point is that, just as most of us (I would hope) have never been sexual predators, most of us have never given out any racial abuse to anyone. The exact identity of said hypothetical predator who plays for Villa is, erm, not totally relevant.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »

Wasn't he cleared ?

Well no the point doesn't stand. You were trying to be clever by bringing sexual predators into it and referring to someone who you thought had been convicted of rape when on appeal they were cleared.
I don't want us to sign Terry but that is purely down to football reasons, but my point was all the righteous on here are bringing up the race card, how many hands on heart can swear they have never made a stupid comment or even thought it.

There's a difference between making, or thinking, "a stupid comment", and singling out someone for racial abuse.

I can honestly say, I've never called anyone "a fucking black c***". I think the vast majority of fans won't have done so either. Pretty much all of us would lose our job if we did.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:44:42 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2017, 12:42:46 PM »

Wasn't he cleared ?

You weren't talking about stupid comments though, you were talking about racist ones. If "not racist" means righteous, then I'm a total righteous bastard. I've made loads of stupid comments. Never any racially abusive ones. It would appear you have.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2017, 12:50:20 PM »
Come on, we've all donned KKK hoods at Halloween and terrorised the local community.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2017, 12:52:18 PM »
I'm not going through this again. It was a scary ghost costume, honest!

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2017, 12:53:08 PM »
For me, it is shameful if he is ever allowed to put on the Villa shirt.

I wouldn't boo him if he was here, but no way in any circumstances would I ever ever cheer or applaud him either.

Like all of us here I am Villa and always will be (51 years since my Dad took me to my first game).
I'm proud to be a Villa fan, I will always be proud to be a Villa fan. That is not to say that over those 51 years there haven't been times that pride gets a little knocked either with results or actions of the club, players or fans. However this would not be a little knock to my pride, it would be one almighty kick in the guts to it.

If the club I love sign John Terry I will consider it just about the most classless thing we have done since I started supporting the Villa and I will look forward to the day he is gone.   

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2017, 12:54:37 PM »
Reports now saying he will give it two weeks before finalising any agreement with us, since there may be better / Prem offers to be considered.
We're a stalking horse ...

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2017, 12:55:45 PM »
If we do sign Terry is this a sign of weakness from Bruce? Trying to sign a "mate" to be a positive influence on the dressing room and a bone for the press to chew over instead of our progress? I only went to a few games last season but the team never struck me as being that "all together". I never see anyone on the pitch talking and organising people that much. Maybe that is why he thinks he is signing Terry along with some experience to stop the caving in when things go against us.

I think its a big gamble in a long line of gambles. Like many of them it could pay off well. Puts pressure on Bruce as well - don't think there will be much patience with him this season without some discernible improvement in the team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal