collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Gareth
[Today at 08:33:33 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:13 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 08:31:53 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549784 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2017, 11:02:57 PM »
I thought we only had £1m to spend this summer?  We will blow £3m on him in a year for starters.  I'd be a lot happier if there were any signs of Micah Fcukin Richards going and Gabby for that matter. Imagine these three clicking in training laughing like hyenas.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2017, 11:04:04 PM »
Judging by how the FA seem to treat us, if it had been a Villa player he'd still be serving the ban.

Very good.

It's got worse as well. If that had happened this season Petrov would have been banned for harming the Chelsea player.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2017, 11:17:23 PM »
You know, I remember when not being nasty enough c**ts was a massive problem that was going to be solved by bringing in Keane, Jedinak, Elphick, bringing back Hutton and so on. Perhaps we could try signing talent instead.

We agree once more, Montague.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2017, 11:18:37 PM »
You know, I remember when not being nasty enough c**ts was a massive problem that was going to be solved by bringing in Keane, Jedinak, Elphick, bringing back Hutton and so on. Perhaps we could try signing talent instead.

With pleasure, Sexual...bert.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2017, 11:21:06 PM »

With pleasure, Sexual...bert.

Sexualoysius. It's a James Joyce thing.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2017, 11:21:19 PM »
What concerns me is ..... who has suggested this signing and who is advising the owner that it is a sensible move. For me it is a financial gamble with a potential to split the fan base just when we need everyone to be pulling in the same direction.
We all want promotion this season and yes we need to do everything we can to maximise the opportunity, however this smacks of desperation and mirrors numerous other risky signing we have made in the past - as a club we don't appear to learn by our expensive failings in the past ......

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2017, 11:24:48 PM »
I wonder if him remembers the reaction he got when he was stretchered off a couple of years ago.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2017, 11:28:31 PM »
Quite happy about it. He's a winner and its a long time since we had one of those here. Think he will cope at this level if he stays fit - big question mark admittedly. All the racist crap, well he was found not guilty although you wouldn't know it reading this thread. Personally if players like Drogba thought he was racist i've no doubt he or them would have left chelsea at the time over the issue. Whether he can cope with some of the work shy fuckers at our club is another thing - probably be quite an eye opener for him.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2017, 11:29:56 PM »
I'll judge the summer transfer business by what we do besides Terry. It's about the net of all players in and out that will define the window. I've said yes to Terry as it is one year and despite what we all feel about him he's been a leader at a high level. He'll need to stay fit and that's naturally a concern but I think at Championship level he has more than enough ability even at 37.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2017, 11:31:58 PM »
What concerns me is ..... who has suggested this signing and who is advising the owner that it is a sensible move. For me it is a financial gamble with a potential to split the fan base just when we need everyone to be pulling in the same direction.
We all want promotion this season and yes we need to do everything we can to maximise the opportunity, however this smacks of desperation and mirrors numerous other risky signing we have made in the past - as a club we don't appear to learn by our expensive failings in the past ......

Steve Bruce surely given he's been playing Golf with him for seemingly the last week.

I would've been dead against this move if we were still a prem club but we aren't and we certainly need all the help going to get out of this league. I can certainly understand people who don't want him though.

Any word on length of contract, 1-2 years, coaching aswell, promise of captaincy which would certainly be a mistake.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2017, 11:39:07 PM »
Joey Barton, James McClean to name two. I would also feel tested if Suarez showed up in a few years. Again I dont like John Terry, but he doesnt hit my button you know?

Has Suarez really done anything that much worse?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2017, 11:39:47 PM »
Why would he not be captain? He's hardly going to come to the club if he's not captain.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2017, 11:40:56 PM »
I thought we only had £1m to spend this summer?  We will blow £3m on him in a year for starters. 

That's transfer fees as a result of FFP.

If that was the case, it would make this sort of deal even more likely - no fee, just big wages.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2017, 11:41:23 PM »
Why would he not be captain? He's hardly going to come to the club if he's not captain.

Because we have one already?

Edit - although at least it would be consistent.

2015 - Richards. 2016 - Elphick. 2017 - Terry.

New centre-back bought in by a manager having their first summer transfer window gets the captaincy.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:45:43 PM by Dave »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2017, 11:41:46 PM »
He's a massive, massive ****** and I personally would not piss on him if he were on fire, and I would seriously question his mental attitude coming here where we currently languish, but I can't believe anyone really thinks he wouldn't enormously improve our defence.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal