collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 04:08:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:07:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:07:24 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 04:07:07 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:06:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 04:05:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 04:05:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Pete3206
[Today at 04:00:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2017/18  (Read 726172 times)

Offline Alinushavfc

Re: Other Games - 2017/18
« Reply #6885 on: May 03, 2018, 09:49:11 PM »
Always hope British clubs overcome European Opposition - is that wrong, couldn't care less.

When Villa are knocked out early, do you hope Blose or Albion win the cup because they are from the same plot of land as us?

Could you translate that in English please sir?

Which word didn't you understand? Blose = the team from Coventry Road, if that's the issue. Genuinely there was nothing confusing about that post, was there?

Where on earth did rival West Midlands clubs come into the  equation when discussing European teams as opposition to  British teams.... What a strange individual.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #6886 on: May 03, 2018, 09:49:55 PM »
Well in defence of your opinion you've had a pop at me, Drummond and told anybody who doesn't like it to fuck off.

We're all supposed to be Villa on here. There's a huge array of political, social, cultural and so on mix, but the fraternity is United by a common sense of belonging. We're not going to agree on everything, but you having the hump over the overwhelming majority on here (and I dare say the majority of Villa and football fans in general) not wishing Liverpool well is odd. You have a soft spot, fine. But it sticks a bit when all you do is dig your own club out and heap praise on them.

You could replace Liverpool for Man United, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and especially those c***s Chelsea. So there's no need to try and hint at anything else.
That's a bit rich - you've had a pop at me personally and I chose to ignore it - as for Drummond I am Sure he can fight his own battles and will also realise my comments towards him are tongue in cheek
I don't have a soft spot for Liverpool FC but as a football fan I have respect for their achievements  - if others don't see it that way fair do`s
Personally I am not bothered if my views are in the minority on here - it's an open forum
In all the years I have been posting on here I have tried to do so in a light hearted way - to be accused of being a Liverpool fan because I acknowledged their achievements is quite frankly laughable

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #6887 on: May 03, 2018, 09:50:44 PM »
Arsenal still losing <ahem on topic>

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #6888 on: May 03, 2018, 09:53:20 PM »
Arsenal still losing <ahem on topic>

What do you think this is, a thread for discussing other games or something?!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #6889 on: May 03, 2018, 09:53:23 PM »
Always hope British clubs overcome European Opposition - is that wrong, couldn't care less.

When Villa are knocked out early, do you hope Blose or Albion win the cup because they are from the same plot of land as us?

Which word didn't you understand? Blose = the team from Coventry Road, if that's the issue. Genuinely there was nothing confusing about that post, was there?

Where on earth did rival West Midlands clubs come into the  equation when discussing European teams as opposition to  British teams.... What a strange individual.

I really didn't think it was a complicated analogy. But, okay, here goes.

I'd imagine that you think teams like Liverpool are twats, but you accept that they come from the same country as you do so support them against teams that come from a different country.

I'd imagine that you think teams like Birmingham City are twats, but you accept that they come from the same region as you do so support them against teams that come from a different region.

The two statements go hand in hand, yeah?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:55:44 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6890 on: May 03, 2018, 09:55:07 PM »
Insulted you where? You had a pop at me, I ignored it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #6891 on: May 03, 2018, 09:55:12 PM »
Well in defence of your opinion you've had a pop at me, Drummond and told anybody who doesn't like it to fuck off.

We're all supposed to be Villa on here. There's a huge array of political, social, cultural and so on mix, but the fraternity is United by a common sense of belonging. We're not going to agree on everything, but you having the hump over the overwhelming majority on here (and I dare say the majority of Villa and football fans in general) not wishing Liverpool well is odd. You have a soft spot, fine. But it sticks a bit when all you do is dig your own club out and heap praise on them.

You could replace Liverpool for Man United, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and especially those c***s Chelsea. So there's no need to try and hint at anything else.
That's a bit rich - you've had a pop at me personally and I chose to ignore it - as for Drummond I am Sure he can fight his own battles and will also realise my comments towards him are tongue in cheek
I don't have a soft spot for Liverpool FC but as a football fan I have respect for their achievements  - if others don't see it that way fair do`s
Personally I am not bothered if my views are in the minority on here - it's an open forum
In all the years I have been posting on here I have tried to do so in a light hearted way - to be accused of being a Liverpool fan because I acknowledged their achievements is quite frankly laughable

I doubt anyone here is dismissive of Liverpool's achievements. It doesn't mean we don't have the right to dislike their glory-hunting fans or the sycophantic media that worships everything they do.

I'm not sure why you're so keen to dismiss other people's views.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #6892 on: May 03, 2018, 09:56:51 PM »

I think he was trying to highlight the loyalty of country over 'foreign' as opposed to the lack of loyalty to neighbouring clubs over 'non neighbouring' clubs. So basically the rules are different when its uk vs abroad but when it's simply UK based they don't count. I think. My head hurts. Is this something to do with the duality of being?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #6893 on: May 03, 2018, 09:58:23 PM »

I think he was trying to highlight the loyalty of country over 'foreign' as opposed to the lack of loyalty to neighbouring clubs over 'non neighbouring' clubs. So basically the rules are different when its uk vs abroad but when it's simply UK based they don't count. I think. My head hurts. Is this something to do with the duality of being?

Yes it is.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #6894 on: May 03, 2018, 09:58:35 PM »

Yes it is.

I disagree.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #6895 on: May 03, 2018, 09:59:08 PM »
#Wengerout

Offline Alinushavfc

« Reply #6896 on: May 03, 2018, 09:59:43 PM »
Please quote me where I said Liverpool or Birmingham City. Are twats.…. are you ok?

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #6897 on: May 03, 2018, 09:59:48 PM »
Arsenal being Arsenal again. Atletico are a tough team to like.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #6898 on: May 03, 2018, 10:00:05 PM »
Can't stand Atletico either. Any team with Diego Costa in it deserves to be relegated to the Moldovan 16th division.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6899 on: May 03, 2018, 10:00:17 PM »
That's a bit rich - you've had a pop at me personally and I chose to ignore it

When and where is that? He had a go at Liverpool but not you, it was you that had a dig with the "school" comment to Ads and told everyone to fuck off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal