collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by paul_e
[Today at 09:22:37 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:20:35 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:14:01 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:12:29 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 09:11:32 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:54:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2017/18  (Read 726715 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Other Games - 2017/18
« Reply #4215 on: February 19, 2018, 10:31:27 PM »
That's an astonishing result. Well done Wigan. Man City players have boots with more value than the entire Wigan squad. I know we've had our fair share of cup shocks but it really does go to show on any day any team can win. Even against all odds. Leicester winning the league will be the greatest shock of all time. But this is a contender for single game achievement.

Come at expense of their league form though....(wink).

LOL yeh. If we don't go up I there's a very good chance we'll be playing them next season. Apparently you can do both. For being a bit of nothing football club now playing in League One, that they've got this under their belt on top of winning the bastard thing a few years ago is some achievement.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4216 on: February 19, 2018, 10:31:39 PM »
Apart from the ultimate minority of all, sha fans.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4217 on: February 19, 2018, 10:32:13 PM »
The only and obvious medium term agenda of BBC Football is to discredit the game played by men, because soon they will only be able to afford broadcast rights to the sub-National League standard played by women. Love Women/ Prefer Elite Football

And the white, male, middle-aged motorist is the only minority it's ok to have a pop at nowadays, right?

No minority should ever be criticised.

Not even paedos?

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #4218 on: February 19, 2018, 10:33:19 PM »
It’s political correctness gone mad, what the hell are women doing playing football?

Women are entirely entitled to play football and it is utterly brilliant that they do. Unquestionably, they do not yet play football at the same level as the professional Male leagues.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #4219 on: February 19, 2018, 10:34:29 PM »
Jermain Jenas. He's what trebuchets were invented for. I cannot abide the little whopper.

I really detest him.

Yep, me too.

I recently had cause to do a little digging on Jenas and it seems he belongs to a PR company whose blurb goes thus:

"Founded in 2002 by Richard Thompson, M&C Saatchi Merlin is a creative talent management agency guiding and developing the careers of an eclectic roster of respected individuals."

Which is certainly a creative way of saying "Hire a wanker for ten grand!" If you're easily angered don't look them up. They're everything that's wrong with the modern world. (Yes I know, not as good as the old days, I remember when all this was fields, etc, etc.) But honestly, packaging Jenas as a media personality is like marketing mashed swede. Whatever you do with it it's still fucking mashed swede. Only difference is that mashed swede doesn't get paid a fortune to make everyone sick.

Put a carrot in it.

Offline paulcomben

« Reply #4220 on: February 19, 2018, 10:34:35 PM »
The only and obvious medium term agenda of BBC Football is to discredit the game played by men, because soon they will only be able to afford broadcast rights to the sub-National League standard played by women. Love Women/ Prefer Elite Football

And the white, male, middle-aged motorist is the only minority it's ok to have a pop at nowadays, right?

No minority should ever be criticised.

Not even paedos?

OK. Legal minority. Obviously.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4221 on: February 19, 2018, 10:36:24 PM »
Can I still criticise U2 fans?

Offline paulcomben

« Reply #4222 on: February 19, 2018, 10:36:35 PM »
Man City have to be the whingiest bunch of shit houses going.

Big cry babies.

Clearly, you have never been exposed to Chelsea fans.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #4223 on: February 19, 2018, 10:38:48 PM »
Jermain Jenas. He's what trebuchets were invented for. I cannot abide the little whopper.

I really detest him.

Yep, me too.

I recently had cause to do a little digging on Jenas and it seems he belongs to a PR company whose blurb goes thus:

"Founded in 2002 by Richard Thompson, M&C Saatchi Merlin is a creative talent management agency guiding and developing the careers of an eclectic roster of respected individuals."

Which is certainly a creative way of saying "Hire a wanker for ten grand!" If you're easily angered don't look them up. They're everything that's wrong with the modern world. (Yes I know, not as good as the old days, I remember when all this was fields, etc, etc.) But honestly, packaging Jenas as a media personality is like marketing mashed swede. Whatever you do with it it's still fucking mashed swede. Only difference is that mashed swede doesn't get paid a fortune to make everyone sick.

Put a carrot in it.

Good idea. I'll write to the agency and suggest it.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4224 on: February 19, 2018, 10:56:23 PM »
That's an astonishing result. Well done Wigan. Man City players have boots with more value than the entire Wigan squad. I know we've had our fair share of cup shocks but it really does go to show on any day any team can win. Even against all odds. Leicester winning the league will be the greatest shock of all time. But this is a contender for single game achievement.

Come at expense of their league form though....(wink).

LOL yeh. If we don't go up I there's a very good chance we'll be playing them next season. Apparently you can do both. For being a bit of nothing football club now playing in League One, that they've got this under their belt on top of winning the bastard thing a few years ago is some achievement.

I was genuinely being serious just in case Mr Page is looking.

Wigan been comfortable all season in league one but had lost their last two before the City game and suddenly they're third now with Blackburn winning (albeit have a few games in hand).

Online SoccerHQ

« Reply #4225 on: February 19, 2018, 10:57:21 PM »
Man City have to be the whingiest bunch of shit houses going.

Big cry babies.

Clearly, you have never been exposed to Chelsea fans.

Arsenal fan TV. Nothing more needs to be said.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4226 on: February 19, 2018, 11:05:58 PM »
They've been in the FA Cup since November and league form since that first cup game is W8 D3 L3. Maybe the cup games will take a toll in the end as they've already played 7 games in it but it's a bit of a stretch saying it's affected it so far.

Online SoccerHQ

« Reply #4227 on: February 19, 2018, 11:07:09 PM »
They've been in the FA Cup since November and league form since that first cup game is W8 D3 L3 in the league. Maybe the cup games will take a toll in the end as they've already played 7 games in it but it's a bit of a stretch saying it's affected it so far.

They've lost their last two to Southend away and home to Blackpool who have won once in three months. They were 1st, now third.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #4228 on: February 19, 2018, 11:10:30 PM »
Forget who it was for a sec but that was never a red card. May as well. Give up And take the ball home

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4229 on: February 19, 2018, 11:12:00 PM »
They've gone third because they didn't play. I don't think you can blame them for that. You're correct that they've lost two league games in a row, but I'd say that it's just as likely that the momentum and confidence  gained from beating the best team in England (Europe?) is likely to prove more beneficial to their promotion hopes than the extra game(s) will prove detrimental.

In any case, promotion rivals Shrewsbury are still in a cup competition of their own as they are in the Vans Semi-Final.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:13:48 PM by cdbullyweefan »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal