collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2017/18  (Read 726832 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Other Games - 2017/18
« Reply #4050 on: February 14, 2018, 09:28:34 AM »
Thankyou Sheffield Wednesday!

It begs the question, how can they let in 3 against Blues who were mauled by Derby at the Sty? It’s a Ripley’s Believe it or Not.

I haven't been to Blackpool for a while. Have they finally got round to putting the head back on that bloke who climbs up the rope out of the Land Rover outside Ripley's Believe It Or Not?

Good night for results. Cardiff won but more importantly Derby lost. Wigan lost and let me down for a 12/1 fivefold but Accrington, Lincoln, Luton, Notts County and Wycombe all won to net me an 11/1 fivefold.

someone on this site said in pre season after Shrewbury had beaten us and Wolves that they were 40/1 for promotion

I thought that would be worth a punt but never bothered

They are top of their league

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4051 on: February 14, 2018, 12:58:02 PM »
I know this will make me even less popular but... here goes... I don't dislike this Spurs team. Good manager, play great football and love watching Harry Kane with the added bonus of them really upsetting Arsenal supporters.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4052 on: February 14, 2018, 01:23:12 PM »
I know this will make me even less popular but... here goes... I don't dislike this Spurs team. Good manager, play great football and love watching Harry Kane with the added bonus of them really upsetting Arsenal supporters.

I agree Chris. They’re fantastic to watch and they’re not a bunch of show ponies either like Arsenal. They work hard. It takes some doing to go to Turin to come back from 2-0 down and yet dominate the game to earn a 2-2 draw. Against a side that hadn’t conceded in 2018. Pochettino has built a superb squad. And yes I want to throw up in my mouth, but it’s very impressive.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:31:36 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #4053 on: February 14, 2018, 01:30:50 PM »

I agree Chris. They’re fantastic to watch and they’re not a bunch of show ponies either like Arsenal. They work hard. It takes some doing to go to Turin to come back from 2-0 down and yet dominate the game to earn a 2-2 draw. Against a side that hadn’t conceded in 2018. Pochettino has built a superb squad. And yes I wasn’t to throw up in my mouth, but it’s very impressive.
A wonderful game of football last night. Yes Spurs are a great side to watch

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #4054 on: February 14, 2018, 01:41:50 PM »

I agree Chris. They’re fantastic to watch and they’re not a bunch of show ponies either like Arsenal. They work hard. It takes some doing to go to Turin to come back from 2-0 down and yet dominate the game to earn a 2-2 draw. Against a side that hadn’t conceded in 2018. Pochettino has built a superb squad. And yes I wasn’t to throw up in my mouth, but it’s very impressive.

Wolves would have beat both of course😀😀

Online SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #4055 on: February 14, 2018, 01:42:25 PM »
I never thought I would have done this but when Spurs equalised I cheered.  This for a club that in the past I would cheer for any team that played against them.  Strange days indeed.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #4056 on: February 14, 2018, 01:44:30 PM »

I agree Chris. They’re fantastic to watch and they’re not a bunch of show ponies either like Arsenal. They work hard. It takes some doing to go to Turin to come back from 2-0 down and yet dominate the game to earn a 2-2 draw. Against a side that hadn’t conceded in 2018. Pochettino has built a superb squad. And yes I want to throw up in my mouth, but it’s very impressive.

Might be worth an outside bet to get to the final at least.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #4057 on: February 14, 2018, 02:01:24 PM »

Might be worth an outside bet to get to the final at least.

They won’t fear anyone that’s for sure. Alas...my money is on Man City who are another team I love watching and don’t find dislikeable. And in my opinion have arguably the best midfield player in Europe right now in De Bruyne.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4058 on: February 14, 2018, 02:15:56 PM »

I don't care if they play like a cross between 1960 Real Madrid and 1970 Brazil. They're still Tottenham and they'll always be wankers.

"To dare is to do" *vomits

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #4059 on: February 14, 2018, 02:53:16 PM »

I don't care if they play like a cross between 1960 Real Madrid and 1970 Brazil. They're still Tottenham and they'll always be wankers.

This.

But of diving prima donnas. Let's see if they are able to sweep England to World Cup glory.
Also let's not lose sight of the fact that they drew last night. They are 20 points off the top and 26 points off the bottom.
Also they are 5/1 to reach the final on Betfair so not a big "outside bet".

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #4060 on: February 14, 2018, 03:13:52 PM »

Wolves would have beat both of course😀😀

At the same time. 😁

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #4061 on: February 14, 2018, 04:21:56 PM »

This.

But of diving prima donnas. Let's see if they are able to sweep England to World Cup glory.
Also let's not lose sight of the fact that they drew last night. They are 20 points off the top and 26 points off the bottom.
Also they are 5/1 to reach the final on Betfair so not a big "outside bet".

I'm in this camp....living in the North London Borough of Cambridge there seems to be fecking millions of these wankers now and I will never forgive them "supporting" Bayern in our local pub on that night in Rotterdam in 82
oh and that twat Glenn Hoddle....grrr

I used to wish all the British teams well in Europe, but that night changed my opinion.

UTV
The Doc

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #4062 on: February 14, 2018, 04:35:00 PM »
I think this Spurs team is far more likeable than any in my living memory. Harry Kane is a joy to watch, Son too. Only Deli Ali has a bit of nastiness but still is a great player.  That said, I don’t want them to win anything. Man City, I like to watch as they can be brilliant and awful in equal measures. Don’t want them winning the European cup though.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4063 on: February 14, 2018, 04:54:23 PM »

+1

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #4064 on: February 14, 2018, 04:58:01 PM »
I think this Spurs team is far more likeable than any in my living memory. Harry Kane is a joy to watch, Son too. Only Deli Ali has a bit of nastiness but still is a great player.  That said, I don’t want them to win anything. Man City, I like to watch as they can be brilliant and awful in equal measures. Don’t want them winning the European cup though.

When were Man City last awful?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal