collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Villa-Blose-Blackburn Quandary  (Read 14372 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
The Villa-Blose-Blackburn Quandary
« on: April 24, 2017, 07:55:36 PM »
Plenty of people are jesting how funny it would be to send out the youths/Ladies/HongKong7's for next weekend's game so it's time to pin your colours to the mast on this one.

It's not an exercise in seeing how many of us ''stoop to their level of hating them more than you love your own team'', more perhaps an indication that we are mid-table in the second tier with not a lot to play for and people are in need of amusement after another frustrating season.

Or, if you're Brum-based, perhaps it proffers a long-awaited chance to rub Aunt Maureen/the brother-in-law/Tom from IT's face in it after all the slagging they've given you in recent years.

Personally, I've only ever wanted us to lose once, (0-1 defeat to Newcastle when they let ManUre catch them out in '96) but that was letting my hatred of Yanited rule my heart and I felt quite guilty when Les Ferdinand got the winner (a thumping header midway through the second half, I think).

That aberration aside, I don't think I could ever not want us to win, irrespective of the outcome's importance. I guess I might feel different if I was typing this in Erdington and not Elephant & Castle.
As well as that though, I'd rather have the chance to do the double over them next season than not and then leave them for dust as we get promoted.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:35:52 PM by eamonn »

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: The Villa-Blose-Blackburn Quandry
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 07:57:03 PM »
I don't hope we lose, but I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 08:10:49 PM »
i'll miss the derby if it goes and I can't really bring myself to wanting us to lose, at the same time the thought of them checking their phones, radio's etc hoping to see a villa goal and then doing a fist bump is hilarious.

On the other hand what other club would put together a relegation party, marches, coffins, the works to celebrate their neighbours relegation, and then go and get themselves relegated themselves a year later? Only those daft fuckers!

Also it hasn't been mentioned when we were chasing 4th in O'Learys first season and they were playing Liverpool at home who were up there with us and they lost 0-3 while celebrating the Liverpool goals, karmas a bitch girls.

So on reflection, I haven't got a fucking clue.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:22:31 PM by LukeJames »

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 08:15:09 PM »
Lose. If we win and help those trampy bastards stay up I won't be happy. We've lost hundreds of games over the past few years, we've been spanked 4-0 in the cup final, another loss here makes no odds to us.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 08:18:29 PM »
I want us to win as always. Besides, it would be much funnier if they fucked it up for themselves.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 08:21:40 PM »
I don't hope we lose, but I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Indeed. As long as one side wins, then you're evening isn't going to be spoiled.

Offline myf

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 08:24:39 PM »
Don't stoop to their level. Go out and give Blackburn a kicking and show some class.

I also know decent blosers who I feel a bit sorry for ( they do actually exist).

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 08:25:39 PM »
I want us to win as always. Besides, it would be much funnier if they fucked it up for themselves.

I actually think this is the best way. Draw on sat whilst they lose then sit back and watch bristol stuff em

I have learned over the years the more they are treated as an irrelevance to us the more it winds them up
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:28:11 PM by Hookeysmith »

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 08:31:31 PM »
I hope we win our last two games, couldn't care less about Small Heath.

They can't get relegated on Saturday anyway so how daft would Villa fans look celebrating a defeat then Small Heath keep themselves up the following week.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »
I couldn't give a tu'penny fuck if Birmingham City get relegated, win the Champions' League or become a hockey team! Come on you Villa boys!

Offline nigel

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 08:48:06 PM »

Yes, the ideal scenario.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 08:59:21 PM »
I think for AVFC supporters outside Birmingham, City are an irrelevance

How many years in our respective histories have both clubs even been in the same division?

Surely should be the cross city equivalent of a Leyton Orient, Tranmere or even Partick Thistle?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: The Villa-Blose-Blackburn Quandary
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 10:02:29 PM »
I'm not sure which will wind them up more, getting relegated or knowing they have us to thank for them not going down!

Offline peter w

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 10:07:56 PM »
It's getting relegated. So fuck them. ideally we win and so do Huddersfield and then Bristol City win and so do Blackburn. But if we do lose. I'll be disappointed but, you know, Blackburn are a grand old club and it'd be a shame to see one of the founding teams in the 3rd tier. No, really.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 10:11:11 PM »
There is no quandary. We have to win on Saturday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal