collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Robin Olsen by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:55:47 PM]

FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 03:53:21 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:53:05 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:49:01 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:55:47 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:54:12 PM]

Re: FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 03:53:21 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:53:05 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 03:52:33 PM]

Re: FFP by aev
[Today at 03:51:02 PM]

Re: FFP by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:50:32 PM]

Re: VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Birmingham City - Pre Match Thread  (Read 33173 times)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Birmingham City - Pre Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2017, 05:31:46 PM »
The good thing about Arry getting appointed is all the talking is coming from them, I'd like the club to carry on doing the minimum of press and focus on what we're going to do to them on the pitch. I'm imagining Steve already has a few comments they've made to use in his team talk.

Let them talk.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2017, 05:36:31 PM »
Apparently kn-bhead Troy Deeney has said that one day he'd like to play for scum against Villa. How soon is he planning this bearing in mind he's apparently buying a house locally? He'd be better off keeping his trap shut and focussing on his commitment to Watford.

I had the 'pleasure' of hearing said Knob 'ead on Talkshite earlier today. He said he was going on Sunday, so I'm sure we can give him the sort of reception his attendance richly deserves.

I think completely ignoring a player as insignificant as Troy Deeney would work better. Being on the receiving end of abuse from Villa fans seems to make the recipient worthy of hero status among Blues fans.

Indeed. It'd be a back-handed compliment to him to even acknowledge he even exists. Typical from a Nose to admit the only reason he'd ever play for Small Heath would be to line up against the Villa. Now that's a back-handed compliment if ever there was one.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2017, 05:54:23 PM »
Just like the 10,000 extra fans they get when they play us, the only time they'll ever pay to enter the Sty is to watch us.

Offline willenhall villa

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2017, 07:01:35 PM »
Took my lad to VP today, he's never walked round it on a non match day. Had a walk up Aston Manor and noticed they've removed the lions off the top of the gates for the game.
Strange to think that for 2 hours on Sunday Villa Park will not be as tranquil.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2017, 07:16:05 PM »
I've just read that the game is being shown live on Eurosport anyone else heard this?

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2017, 07:23:25 PM »
I've just read that the game is being shown live on Eurosport anyone else heard this?
Just checked the listings and its wall to wall snooker, would seem highly unlikely to be honest.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2017, 07:39:19 PM »
I've read things like this before, I think they just basically announce when any goals have gone in.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2017, 08:34:29 PM »
It's text commentary rather than any live stream.

It depends if there's actually proper TV cameras at VP on Sunday rather than the solitary one we now get for Saturday championship games. If there is a couple it will be on a stream somewhere.

Online cdward

« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2017, 08:49:17 PM »

It is on Eurosport - edit: just read it again, i think it is just text updates

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/championship/2016-2017/aston-villa-birmingham-city_mtc866593/live.shtml
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:53:37 PM by cdward »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2017, 08:55:21 PM »
I'm sure it's text only as Eurosport don't have the rights to Division 2 football. 

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2017, 08:55:51 PM »
Apparently kn-bhead Troy Deeney has said that one day he'd like to play for scum against Villa. How soon is he planning this bearing in mind he's apparently buying a house locally? He'd be better off keeping his trap shut and focussing on his commitment to Watford.

I had the 'pleasure' of hearing said Knob 'ead on Talkshite earlier today. He said he was going on Sunday, so I'm sure we can give him the sort of reception his attendance richly deserves.

I think completely ignoring a player as insignificant as Troy Deeney would work better. Being on the receiving end of abuse from Villa fans seems to make the recipient worthy of hero status among Blues fans.

Indeed. It'd be a back-handed compliment to him to even acknowledge he even exists. Typical from a Nose to admit the only reason he'd ever play for Small Heath would be to line up against the Villa. Now that's a back-handed compliment if ever there was one.

His Mother lives next door to my Brother and he regularly visits in his Lamborghini.   I may well take a shit on it if I ever see it there. 

Offline villabear

« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2017, 09:31:11 PM »

It depends if there's actually proper TV cameras at VP on Sunday rather than the solitary one we now get for Saturday championship games. If there is a couple it will be on a stream somewhere.

There must be a certain amount of cameras there Sunday because it's been 'beamed' live back to the Sty unless they've only agreed some cheapo deal.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2017, 09:43:43 PM »

His Mother lives next door to my Brother and he regularly visits in his Lamborghini.   I may well take a shit on it if I ever see it there.
I'd put a Villa sticker on it somewhere where he won't find it ✌

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2017, 10:14:57 PM »
Sod it.  Let's just play Jack behind Hogan and beat these cnuts.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2017, 10:53:41 PM »

There must be a certain amount of cameras there Sunday because it's been 'beamed' live back to the Sty unless they've only agreed some cheapo deal.

Not sure really. Milton Keynes Franchise had a beam back of their game at Wimbledon and watching highlights of that there was only one camera used.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal