collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: All conquering Aston Villa 1-0 QPR  (Read 17074 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: All conquering Aston Villa 1-0 QPR
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2017, 09:33:20 PM »
I like Peter's suggestion of getting a gay band on.  Our half time entertainment needs a make over.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2017, 09:43:30 PM »
I'm not sure if this recent run is a case of Bruce's system working or if it's that we have been riding our luck and have come up against some teams with piss poor attacking options combined with better defending and Kodija managing to knock goals in regularly.   We do seem to always end up hanging on rather nervously in second halves.   I usually distrust possession stats as very misleading - it's what you do with the possession that counts - but we do seem to be developing a habit of conceding well over 60% of possession. I'm not sure that is sustainable in the longer term because of the relentless pressure it invites.   It's a bit like watching Greece when they won the Euros.

I think while there is a mathematical chance we might get to the play offs Bruce is sticking to a plan. Why else would he leave Kodja so isolated and or introduce the likes of Grealish who may not be doing that much but is far more creative and better at holding the ball than any other bench option?

Agree.  There has to be a short term approach over the next few weeks as we are in a position where we have to win every game and performances don't really matter.  I don't think you can really approach a full season with that mindset though and some work is going to be required over the summer.

And beyond. I don't think anyone can accuse us of being the finished article even at this level and fortunately that includes those that matter. We have turned the corner however. That is a big thing as far as I'm concerned.

Yep Tayls.  Bruce has found a formation and has established a somewhat settled side that is getting results.  That was definitely the priority after years of instability.  Let's just see where we are come the end of May and build from there.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2017, 06:37:13 AM »
I tend to agree, but I'd like us to start next season well set up for a promotion push from the off

I think we may well be, but I'd feel more confident if we were knocking the call about with some quality and beating teams more comfortably. The quality in this league is very poor so we need to be a whole lot better to compete in Big League (c)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal