collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer madness thread  (Read 445145 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Summer transfer madness thread
« Reply #2025 on: July 18, 2017, 11:31:45 PM »
Watching the subs at half time you do think there must be massive strain on the wage bill with so many high earners not starting and needing to go.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #2026 on: July 19, 2017, 08:21:26 AM »
Starting to think it's a bit early to pin so much hope on Andre green

I'd really be in favour of a loan or buy who could play wide or no 10 and score a few goals

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2027 on: July 19, 2017, 09:37:39 AM »
Elpnick to SHA according to the gospel that is Twitter.

In the Birmingham Mail today as well.  Also adds that money from the sale of Elphick could be used to offer Samba a contract.

what I have liked about Samba is he is no nonsense which Elphick never was.    i know some people like their center backs to play a bit of football but i dont want to see mistakes with the likes of Amavi , Hutton and richards fumbling on the ball , go samba style , boot it 1000 yards .

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #2028 on: July 19, 2017, 09:41:52 AM »
I thought he looked very good - obviously only v Walsall but got to be better than Richards or elphick

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2029 on: July 19, 2017, 09:51:42 AM »
I thought he looked very good - obviously only v Walsall but got to be better than Richards or elphick
   true but there was players who did not look good against Walsall

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #2030 on: July 19, 2017, 10:08:40 AM »
We have spent very little this summer.  We need someone like him.  Still think we will bid for a big lump of a forward before the window shuts too.

Sam Gallagher at S'oton would be the one I'd be going for. Did a very decent job on loan at Blackburn last season and still a youngster. We need a striker who adds balance to the team. One who can play with his back to goal, hold the ball-up and add an aerial presence.

We seem to be adding players to the squad who can cross the ball now but, Kodjia aside, don't have many players who can attack the crosses effectively!

I'm hoping that with a bit of cash in their pocket, Forest might come back in for McCormack. if they were to offer £5m or so, it'd probably be worth us cutting our losses.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2031 on: July 19, 2017, 10:10:45 AM »
We have spent very little this summer.  We need someone like him.  Still think we will bid for a big lump of a forward before the window shuts too.

Sam Gallagher at S'oton would be the one I'd be going for. Did a very decent job on loan at Blackburn last season and still a youngster. We need a striker who adds balance to the team. One who can play with his back to goal, hold the ball-up and add an aerial presence.

We seem to be adding players to the squad who can cross the ball now but, Kodjia aside, don't have many players who can attack the crosses effectively!

I'm hoping that with a bit of cash in their pocket, Forest might come back in for McCormack. if they were to offer £5m or so, it'd probably be worth us cutting our losses.

I doubt they would as he was largely garbage for them wasn't he?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #2032 on: July 19, 2017, 10:15:21 AM »
It's a long season and some variety up front is no bad thing

I can see a case for McCormack and a hogan type poacher in the squad. What we don't have is a proper target man (e.g. Chris wood, or that guy from Brighton, etc).

Gabby is the odd one out for me, but we'll have to wait a year to get rid

Is expected RHM to have had more of a chance by now. He's raw, but he offers real pace and penetration

Anyone know what's going on?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 10:17:27 AM by Matt Collins »

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2033 on: July 19, 2017, 11:20:56 AM »
Rushian was tweeting in support of the England Under-19s a lot recently, was he out there with them? I saw he was also retweeting a lot of well-wishes for the new season at Villa and he appeared in the promo for the new kit so I'm hoping his absence is due to injury or on international duty.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #2034 on: July 19, 2017, 11:30:09 AM »

I doubt they would as he was largely garbage for them wasn't he?

He scored one goal in 7 appearances for them, so certainly wasn't great. However, for a team / club in Forest's position they're unlikely to be able to attract anyone else with similar Championship pedigree.

I'm clutching at straws, clearly, but if we could get some cash back for him, and bring in a striker with some physical presence I'd be all for it!

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2035 on: July 19, 2017, 12:19:06 PM »
RHM & Green were kept out of England duty over the summer to give rest for long standing muscle injuries weren't they?   Presume the physios have a long term plan for them that means RHM hasn't figured yet....guess come August he'll go out for 6 months on loan to get some proper football.

Offline villa kicks

« Reply #2036 on: July 19, 2017, 02:45:30 PM »
Barry or McCarthy
Before Whelan.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2037 on: July 19, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »
Barry or McCarthy
Before Whelan.

Look, I know we'd all love to see Benni McCarthy finally in a Villa shirt, but he's too old now and I doubt he'd have been suitable for a defensive midfield role in his prime.

Offline frank black

« Reply #2038 on: July 19, 2017, 03:11:24 PM »
I see we are using reverse psychology now . We are being linked with a Greek Centre forward that didn't score last season. It's the opposite of last summers approach when we signed McCormack. Genius Bruce genius.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2039 on: July 19, 2017, 03:16:51 PM »
It's a long season and some variety up front is no bad thing

I can see a case for McCormack and a hogan type poacher in the squad. What we don't have is a proper target man (e.g. Chris wood, or that guy from Brighton, etc).

Gabby is the odd one out for me, but we'll have to wait a year to get rid

Is expected RHM to have had more of a chance by now. He's raw, but he offers real pace and penetration

Anyone know what's going on?

I think a target man type of player, Kodjia, Hogan, RHM and Davis would be a good pool of forward options for a Championship side.  McCormack and Agbonlahor are surplus to requirements.     
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:18:42 PM by tomd2103 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal