collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2131433 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Bruce out!
« Reply #17400 on: August 18, 2018, 07:20:21 PM »
Of course he is not going to change,he does not have the mental agility to do anything other than dull uninspiring tactically inept football.
Some people are happy with it, which is nice.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #17401 on: August 18, 2018, 07:20:43 PM »
I've had enough of the dinosaur and his shit football. Even when we win it papers over the cracks and hides our horrendous football. No tactics, no pace, no tempo, can't pass. This team and squad should be capable of much better football. We won't be the last team to be held by ten men but it's the manner we went about it, you genuinely couldn't tell who had ten men. No urgency or clue of how to break down the ten men.
Brentford will play and pass us off the park on Wednesday.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #17402 on: August 18, 2018, 07:27:49 PM »
"The senior players found it difficult playing real football against 10 men".

Did he really say that?

Offline Legion

« Reply #17403 on: August 18, 2018, 07:31:20 PM »
He's the managerial equivalent of Groundhog Day.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #17404 on: August 18, 2018, 07:32:27 PM »
Trouble is our new foreign owners will think “gee 7 out of 9 soccer points” but won’t look at the shite football. 

Offline TonyD

« Reply #17405 on: August 18, 2018, 07:33:00 PM »
He's the managerial equivalent of Groundhog Day.
You can say that again.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #17406 on: August 18, 2018, 07:35:22 PM »
Trouble is our new foreign owners will think “gee 7 out of 9 soccer points” but won’t look at the shite football.

I think you might be underestimating them. What they won't do is have a massive hissy every time something doesn't go our way.

In any case, only basket case clubs or Real Madrid fire managers based on style of play rather than results.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #17407 on: August 18, 2018, 07:40:13 PM »
An hour against 10 man boro last season and the same against Ipswich today. We almost lost it in the end as well.

0 goals in 2 hours against 10 men and is shocking.

Frustratingly predictable today as always.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17408 on: August 18, 2018, 07:41:30 PM »
I'm not saying 'sack him'. I'm saying that there are reasons to be concerned that he'll fail in taking us up. 7 points from 9 is great form, but we have to raise our expectations in this division. If we're going to think of ourselves as proper promotion candidates, then we have to think of 7 from 9 as just above par.

This is the point. 7 from 9 is fine, in theory, but when Leeds are getting 9 from 9 then we'll be hoping for 'thereabouts' before we know it. He doesn't have the right mentality to manage a big club.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #17409 on: August 18, 2018, 07:42:52 PM »

I think you might be underestimating them. What they won't do is have a massive hissy every time something doesn't go our way.

In any case, only basket case clubs or Real Madrid fire managers based on style of play rather than results.

True,
but he’s now starting his third season near enough with no discernible difference

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #17410 on: August 18, 2018, 07:44:20 PM »
I'm not saying 'sack him'. I'm saying that there are reasons to be concerned that he'll fail in taking us up. 7 points from 9 is great form, but we have to raise our expectations in this division. If we're going to think of ourselves as proper promotion candidates, then we have to think of 7 from 9 as just above par.

This is the point. 7 from 9 is fine, in theory, but when Leeds are getting 9 from 9 then we'll be hoping for 'thereabouts' before we know it. He doesn't have the right mentality to manage a big club.

Their start was harder than ours too.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #17411 on: August 18, 2018, 07:44:34 PM »

Did he really say that?

I was taking the piss as he'll never say that about senior players.

Offline Legion

« Reply #17412 on: August 18, 2018, 07:45:36 PM »

Did he really say that?

I was taking the piss as he'll never say that about senior players.

The worrying thing is that it might conceivably be something he would come out with.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #17413 on: August 18, 2018, 07:49:32 PM »
Fans complain about Bruce knocking people for their hysterical reactions and then get hysterical when we follow up three wins on the bounce with an away draw. Yes we should be looking to win away to Ipswich, who unless they totally shock me this season will be in the lower half of the table and yes we should have been able to beat a side reduced to ten men (even though history proves that often is far from a given). But seriously, all the pants wetters need to grow a pair. We can't have another bunch of pages on this thread every time we fail to win a game. We played away. We got a point. Am I doing cartwheels and opening the Champagne, no. Am I spitting my dummy out like some, no. 'Keep calm and carry on' as that line of merchandise says.

Offline Bermuda Villa

« Reply #17414 on: August 18, 2018, 07:54:12 PM »
He is just not up to the task, it's his third season and we still do not have any discernible way of playing. He has taken all the pace out of the team and moans he has to re-build this season because last years loan players have left ... no shit Sherlock try building something in the first place rather than rely on using other clubs players. His constant playing players out of position is just inexcusable. Yes he may get us promoted with grinding out results but I would not trust him to keep us up.

Wednesday will be the first test against a decent side, watch how Dean Smith has them playing on a fraction of our budget. Front foot, attacking football with nice passing and movement off the ball so the player with the ball has options..... its called coaching. I would take him as our manager in a heartbeat. We have the players to be a very good footballing side, lets get someone in who can unlock that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal