collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113759 times)

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6630 on: September 20, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
Quite - tho I guess you can argue it was the international break that disrupted that

Speaking of which, we have another international break coming up after the Bolton game. That's the obvious point Tony would act

If we get 7 points plus out of the next 3 games I think Bruce will be safe for a little while - and that seems fair enough to me. I'd be ok with 12 points from September. We should be aiming for 14 of course.
You aim to win every match, so we should be aiming for 18 points.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #6631 on: September 20, 2017, 12:31:06 PM »
How can we possibly ever have a style of play "engine" when we never play the same team or formation twice?

Online Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #6632 on: September 20, 2017, 12:47:04 PM »
How can we possibly ever have a style of play "engine" when we never play the same team or formation twice?

Au contraire, I can see the beginnings of the Style of play engine, last nights abject display by the reserves was every bit as bad as their first team compatriots. It lacked power, pace, no discernible style and a complete lack of ideas.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #6633 on: September 20, 2017, 12:49:11 PM »

Our 'reserves' are not the bags of shite that played last night. Our reserves (now called the U23s i believe) are actually quite good to watch

And the likes of Elphick, Samba, Hutton, McCormack or Birkir wouldn't even get in that side

I can blame Bruce for two of those signings, and the 2/3m (if that) that they cost combined. But it's obvious no manger has a 100% success rate with signings, i can't think of one that ever has or ever will either.

Couldn't care less about the result or attendance last night truth be told, i'd be a hypocrite if i did seeing how i sat at home last night and couldn't even be arsed to go myself

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #6634 on: September 20, 2017, 12:49:26 PM »
The "Villa Engine" thing bothers me, largely because it's a lot of responsibility to place in Steve Round, and there's no guarantee that he isn't part of the problem. I think we're aiming for that Southampton/Watford approach, which is all very well, but I'd feel better about it if Round and Wyness didn't have an existing relationship from their Everton days. It will always make me wonder if Round earned the job on merit.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #6635 on: September 20, 2017, 12:52:50 PM »
Quite - tho I guess you can argue it was the international break that disrupted that

Speaking of which, we have another international break coming up after the Bolton game. That's the obvious point Tony would act

If we get 7 points plus out of the next 3 games I think Bruce will be safe for a little while - and that seems fair enough to me. I'd be ok with 12 points from September. We should be aiming for 14 of course.

Only if someone invents a time machine

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #6636 on: September 20, 2017, 12:57:38 PM »

The fact Bruce can't time travel is the final straw for me. Get rid.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #6637 on: September 20, 2017, 01:00:23 PM »

It's a good job he can't Richard, the danger being the fucker could follow us!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6638 on: September 20, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
Maybe he could use it to stop us playing football that's 20 years out of date.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6639 on: September 20, 2017, 01:21:29 PM »

unfortunately his time machine only worked to bring him here from the jurassic.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6640 on: September 20, 2017, 01:52:53 PM »

unfortunately his time machine only worked to bring him here from the jurassic.

And even then he left leaving the dinosaurs a bad rep. What was he thinking playing Gasparinisaura Hogan up front by himself?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #6641 on: September 20, 2017, 02:40:05 PM »

It really is amazing how much the game has changed in twenty years isn't it ?

:o

Offline Villa75

« Reply #6642 on: September 20, 2017, 02:55:52 PM »

Our 'reserves' are not the bags of shite that played last night. Our reserves (now called the U23s i believe) are actually quite good to watch

And the likes of Elphick, Samba, Hutton, McCormack or Birkir wouldn't even get in that side

I can blame Bruce for two of those signings, and the 2/3m (if that) that they cost combined. But it's obvious no manger has a 100% success rate with signings, i can't think of one that ever has or ever will either.

Couldn't care less about the result or attendance last night truth be told, i'd be a hypocrite if i did seeing how i sat at home last night and couldn't even be arsed to go myself

The U23's may be good to watch against other U23's. But don't kid yourself that we have a long line of great footballers ready to step up a few levels.

I can not think of one player who looked half decent last night, and that includes the 'young lads'. A lot of that may be down to Bruce's continual pissing about, seemingly not having a clue what he's doing, and some of it could be down to us praising every little, basic, thing a young player does, just because we want to believe the future is bright.

I could just be pissed off after years of shite, but the club stinks at the moment.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #6643 on: September 20, 2017, 03:04:59 PM »
The U23's may be good to watch against other U23's. But don't kid yourself that we have a long line of great footballers ready to step up a few levels.

I can not think of one player who looked half decent last night, and that includes the 'young lads'. A lot of that may be down to Bruce's continual pissing about, seemingly not having a clue what he's doing, and some of it could be down to us praising every little, basic, thing a young player does, just because we want to believe the future is bright.

I could just be pissed off after years of shite, but the club stinks at the moment.

...and the award of little ray of sunshine this week goes to...

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6644 on: September 20, 2017, 03:09:11 PM »

It really is amazing how much the game has changed in twenty years isn't it ?

:o
Can somebody please tell Brucosaurus this?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal