collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Bristol Villa fans by olaftab
[Today at 06:41:30 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Beard82
[Today at 06:40:25 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by olaftab
[Today at 06:36:06 PM]

Re: VAR by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:35:46 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by olaftab
[Today at 06:34:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Richard E
[Today at 06:31:46 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 06:29:42 PM]

Bristol Villa fans by Chipsticks
[Today at 06:27:00 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2141985 times)

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Bruce out!
« Reply #19500 on: September 19, 2018, 11:02:45 PM »
Nah he's Bruce the bullet dodger, also known as Bruce the blade. Often seen in Salisbury apparently.

Inevitable mate

What is? The Novosack?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #19501 on: September 19, 2018, 11:06:34 PM »
Let’s face it, the bloke ain’t none too bright.
After 6 poor results, to choose a win over Rotherham to have a go at his critics is not the actions of a  person with even average intelligence.
The problem is that stupid people believe that the ceiling of other peoples intelligence is below their own,
He is just a thicko.

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #19502 on: September 19, 2018, 11:18:55 PM »
I think if he keeps us in the playoff spots he will be kept on. They will give him till November, but probably have some other people on speed-dial in case we fall behind. Personally, I'm a big fan of stability and last season we were to coin a phrase "so close, we were so close". He may well be insulting us all but the owners only care about results.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #19503 on: September 19, 2018, 11:21:45 PM »
"Keeps"?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #19504 on: September 19, 2018, 11:37:06 PM »
I have this horrible feeling gnawing at me that the new owners may be no better than Lerner or Xia.  I look at, and listen to Bruce and it is Groundhog Day on a loop.

Offline mike

« Reply #19505 on: September 20, 2018, 12:34:04 AM »
Bruce is being isolated

I'm not so sure. Atkins didn't support Bruce's 'buy old sweats policy'. I think Bruce is being supported.

Offline mike

« Reply #19506 on: September 20, 2018, 12:38:13 AM »
I have this horrible feeling gnawing at me that the new owners may be no better than Lerner or Xia.  I look at, and listen to Bruce and it is Groundhog Day on a loop.

I've been pinning my hopes on the idea that they're playing a long game, writing off this season to go hell for leather next with a manager who will get us promoted and consolidate us in the top of the premiership the season after that. I'm rapidly thinking that they are in fact rich men who know very little about football.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #19507 on: September 20, 2018, 12:40:29 AM »

I've been pinning my hopes on the idea that they're playing a long game, writing off this season to go hell for leather next with a manager who will get us promoted and consolidate us in the top of the premiership the season after that. I'm rapidly thinking that they are in fact rich men who know very little about football.

I'd imagine Nassef Sawiris is a massive football fan.

Offline mike

« Reply #19508 on: September 20, 2018, 12:43:02 AM »

So am I, but you wouldn't trust me to run the Villa.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #19509 on: September 20, 2018, 12:58:18 AM »

So am I, but you wouldn't trust me to run the Villa.

Agreed, you'd be shite, Mike. Difference is, I'm guessing he and those he chooses to surround himself with, know more than me and you.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #19510 on: September 20, 2018, 01:35:41 AM »

[
/quote]

that's my worry too. I think if they were writing this season off till a new guy takes charge then they wouldn't have sanctioned the spending they have, albeit mostly loans. The scary thought is they're following the same plan the previous owner pursued and its third time lucky with Steve "Instant Promotion" Bruce

Online rogfromb6

« Reply #19511 on: September 20, 2018, 06:26:40 AM »

Based on what? The fact they haven’t sacked Bruce?

If say we were to lose to Sheff Wed and Bristol then I suspect he’d (rightly) be shown the door but whilst we remain in the hunt for promotion, 4 points is hardly an insurmountable gap bearing in mind the league looks bang average, then they’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19512 on: September 20, 2018, 07:02:00 AM »

Based on what? The fact they haven’t sacked Bruce?

If say we were to lose to Sheff Wed and Bristol then I suspect he’d (rightly) be shown the door but whilst we remain in the hunt for promotion, 4 points is hardly an insurmountable gap bearing in mind the league looks bang average, then they’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yep, I find it odd that they're being questioned already. They and the new CEO haven't even got their feet under the table yet and it's only September. Besides, I doubt they will stand for too many more results like up at Sheffield. I think a bit of patience is in order personally.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #19513 on: September 20, 2018, 07:23:55 AM »
We're 5 points of Leeds and we play them twice. I personally doubt Leeds will stay there, so the gap to Boro and the Albion is slightly less.

If the poor run had continued across this next block of four games then I think they would have acted. I think if they'd have bought the club in May then they would have acted.

If anything would have made me suspicious of their capability it would have been sacking Bruce in the first week an appointing a novice like Henry.

Instead they've brought in a CEO who hasn't bothered flapping his gums, but has instead got down with a review and appears to be clearing some of the decks for new a new DoF, who can build fresh structures.

It all seems eminently sensible to me.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #19514 on: September 20, 2018, 07:25:33 AM »
I fully accept that new owners need a bit of time to put some order in place before replacing this very inadequate man. Otherwise we may end up with a quick fix of Pardew/Allardyce type appointment. I however reserve the right to be totally depressed at the thought of another season that could turn out to be a waste.😥

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal