collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2141684 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Bruce out!
« Reply #19485 on: September 19, 2018, 08:45:41 PM »
Bruce is being isolated

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #19486 on: September 19, 2018, 09:07:43 PM »
John Percy Telegraph.
Aston Villa have sacked Ian Atkins, their European scout, in a major cull of the recruitment department.

Atkins is the most high-profile casualty with Villa’s new owners axeing at least five others in a surprise move.

Purslow has been conducting a thorough investigation into the club’s accounts after the majority takeover by Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens in July.

Cuts are being made to the budget to fall in line with Financial Fair Play regulations and Atkins was given the news on Wednesday.

Tommy Mooney, the club’s loans manager, and numerous scouts and analysts are also believed to have gone.

Villa are also looking for a new technical director but links with Frank McParland, who worked with Purslow at Liverpool during the Rafael Benitez era, have been dismissed by sources.

Steve Bruce, the manager, is under pressure from supporters and secured a crucial win over Rotherham on Tuesday night.

Despite the opposition from fans towards Bruce, it is understood there are no plans to dismiss him at this stage.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:25:24 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #19487 on: September 19, 2018, 09:15:37 PM »
Where is that from? Tommy Mooney will be no great loss, anyway.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #19488 on: September 19, 2018, 09:17:12 PM »
Where is that from? Tommy Mooney will be no great loss, anyway.

Daily Mail and the Telegraph both have reports on Newsnow.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #19489 on: September 19, 2018, 09:36:57 PM »
I wonder if cutting one of the coaching staff will be next.

Said before but we don't need all of Clemence, Agnew and Calderwood on the training pitch particularly with the mediocre football on show. Most clubs get by with an assistant and first team coach so wouldn't shock me if we see one leave probably Clemence.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #19490 on: September 19, 2018, 09:41:59 PM »
I wonder if cutting one of the coaching staff will be next.

Said before but we don't need all of Clemence, Agnew and Calderwood on the training pitch particularly with the mediocre football on show. Most clubs get by with an assistant and first team coach so wouldn't shock me if we see one leave probably Clemence.

Let’s hope this does happen and Bruce quits in protest.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #19491 on: September 19, 2018, 09:42:00 PM »
Didn't we once use to have a GK coach, a defence coach, a midfield coach and an attacking coach?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #19492 on: September 19, 2018, 09:42:37 PM »
I'd prefer it to be Clemence than Agnew. Although, saying that, we don't seem any further forward with him in the hat either.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #19493 on: September 19, 2018, 09:49:30 PM »
I really think this has gone past the point of no return. He's lost the great majority of the fans. He lost me ages ago.

It's too late for him. It's just timing on behalf of the owners I expect. Waiting for the appropriate replacement makes sense.

I’m not sure that he’s lost the vast majority. There is a bit of an echo chamber developed on here but this is a small, unrepresentative minority. My sense is that although there are grumbles it hasn’t gone far enough for it to be a lost cause but if will not take much to tip it into outright hostility. He needs a sustained run of results, last night offered glimpses of what the team are capable of but it could go either way.

Sitting int he upper Holte last night I made a point of listening to the people around me discussing the team and manager.  Every single voice I heard was critical of Bruce, not a single voice of support.  Not a representative sample I know but perhaps some indication.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19494 on: September 19, 2018, 10:04:03 PM »
I didn't really hear any grumblings towards the manager, but then again I was concentrating on the game although I did hear one chap mentioned that he'd got it spot on playing Jedinak.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #19495 on: September 19, 2018, 10:06:57 PM »
I didn't really hear any grumblings towards the manager, but then again I was concentrating on the game although I did hear one chap mentioned that he'd got it spot on playing Jedinak.

Yep. As soon as the game kicked off and you saw how big their players were it made sense to play Jedinak.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #19496 on: September 19, 2018, 10:19:24 PM »
I'd prefer it to be Clemence than Agnew. Although, saying that, we don't seem any further forward with him in the hat either.

When Agnew came in last xmas there was sudden improvement in our attacking player and Hogan finally starting looking like the striker we all hoped he could be for about a month.

Didn't last but I'd rather ditch Calderwood as he's the one who organises the defence on the training pitch and not done a great job of it so far this season.

Maybe he fancies being a manager again.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #19497 on: September 19, 2018, 10:44:20 PM »
He’s on borrowed time now. The bullet is inevitable

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #19498 on: September 19, 2018, 10:48:00 PM »
Nah he's Bruce the bullet dodger, also known as Bruce the blade. Often seen in Salisbury apparently.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #19499 on: September 19, 2018, 10:55:00 PM »
Nah he's Bruce the bullet dodger, also known as Bruce the blade. Often seen in Salisbury apparently.

Inevitable mate

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal