collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2137691 times)

Online Three Spires Villa

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #19080 on: September 13, 2018, 12:57:43 PM »
How is he still here? I mean its amazing, luckiest manager ever

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #19081 on: September 13, 2018, 01:00:44 PM »
Afraid so.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #19082 on: September 13, 2018, 01:28:25 PM »
And the Villa boss slammed his side following their defeat.

"Ultimately I take the responsibility because I pick the players, but some of them have got to have a look at themselves too," Bruce said.

"From back to front we were awful in a lot of aspects.

"But I've mentioned it far too many times, it's arguably the worst one I've faced, but that's the way it is.

"We can talk about tactics and 'you don't know what you're doing' and 'dinosaurs are going to come out’. But at the end of the day we didn't put our boots on."

So then Steve - lets see what changes you make to rectify this (green) if they are not doing it for you - your only option is to drop them and try something else?

Or will it be a case of "Lads you got yourselves into this hole - you now have to get out of it "- same team as last game.

As much as I want him gone I still await a suggestion of an adequate replacement as I have not heard one yet that floats my boat

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #19083 on: September 13, 2018, 01:58:59 PM »
And the Villa boss slammed his side following their defeat.

"Ultimately I take the responsibility because I pick the players, but some of them have got to have a look at themselves too," Bruce said.

"From back to front we were awful in a lot of aspects.

"But I've mentioned it far too many times, it's arguably the worst one I've faced, but that's the way it is.

"We can talk about tactics and 'you don't know what you're doing' and 'dinosaurs are going to come out’. But at the end of the day we didn't put our boots on."

So then Steve - lets see what changes you make to rectify this (green) if they are not doing it for you - your only option is to drop them and try something else?

Or will it be a case of "Lads you got yourselves into this hole - you now have to get out of it "- same team as last game.

As much as I want him gone I still await a suggestion of an adequate replacement as I have not heard one yet that floats my boat

A team made from reserves and youth players lost in the cup and they all got heavily criticised and dropped, will be interesting to see if he does the same here but I suspect it'll be 11 from the 14-15 who are his regulars.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #19084 on: September 13, 2018, 03:13:03 PM »
Wilder, Wagner, Dyche, Howe, Bosz, Blanc, Montella, Bilic, De Boer, Pearson, Carvalhal.......

Surely one of them would do a better job?

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #19085 on: September 13, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »
Bruce resigned himself to mid-tabke mediocrity during the close season, when in Portugal he was trying to sell Grealish and Chester on the cheap because of our financial woes.
Despite new owners he is still in this mindset because he is incapabable of adapting and changing.
If we are to make the most of Grealish and Chester staying then the new owners need to realise Bruce is incompatible with them and their future plans.
Bruce Out!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #19086 on: September 13, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »
Indeed. I think at least half the managers in the Championship would do a better job. There's plenty of choice out there, the key is finding the best man for us.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #19087 on: September 13, 2018, 04:56:26 PM »
Bruce resigned himself to mid-tabke mediocrity during the close season, when in Portugal he was trying to sell Grealish and Chester on the cheap because of our financial woes.
Despite new owners he is still in this mindset because he is incapabable of adapting and changing.
If we are to make the most of Grealish and Chester staying then the new owners need to realise Bruce is incompatible with them and their future plans.
Bruce Out!

If only

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #19088 on: September 13, 2018, 06:19:21 PM »
Wilder, Wagner, Dyche, Howe, Bosz, Blanc, Montella, Bilic, De Boer, Pearson, Carvalhal.......

Surely one of them would do a better job?

Flores

Online TonyD

« Reply #19089 on: September 13, 2018, 06:36:52 PM »
I really thought the new owners would have got rid by now.

Doesn’t bode well. 

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #19090 on: September 13, 2018, 06:45:09 PM »

Doesn’t bode well. 

I suspect he has until the next international break, as soon as he got his stay of execution I figured he'd get at least 10 games, I reckon he's on very thin ice right now though.

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #19091 on: September 13, 2018, 06:51:14 PM »
When we're not promoted in May. Again. This international break will be viewed as the missed opportunity.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #19092 on: September 13, 2018, 07:01:12 PM »

Doesn’t bode well. 

I suspect he has until the next international break, as soon as he got his stay of execution I figured he'd get at least 10 games, I reckon he's on very thin ice right now though.

I was listening to TalkShite and some bloke was saying 2nd into break is when most managers get the chop. Apparently the 9nes out of work are waiting for October for the phone to ring.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #19093 on: September 13, 2018, 10:59:53 PM »
Unwise to take over a business and immediately get rid of the staff better to see how the place operates and then make changes. Having said that the new owners will be judging him week on week, lose tomorrow and he will be gone.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #19094 on: September 13, 2018, 11:06:51 PM »
Unwise to take over a business and immediately get rid of the staff better to see how the place operates and then make changes. Having said that the new owners will be judging him week on week, lose tomorrow and he will be gone.

Depends if this ownership want to waste another year down here.

I could understand that happening in 2016 as we were still a mess coming down from the premier league and the dodgy Dr was still getting used to running a sports team but these guys know the nuts and bolts of sports teams if not neccesarily football.

Anyway our squad is much stronger than two years ago and we're expected to challenge so any poor results is firmly on the manager's shoulders.

To not make play offs would be a bit of a disaster and that's looking pretty likely to happen if we stick with SB given how the last few weeks have gone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal