collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Drummond
[Today at 01:27:34 PM]

The Running thread by AV82EC
[Today at 01:11:02 PM]

Champions League 2024-2025 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:54 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:24:11 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Dogtanian
[Today at 12:15:23 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[Today at 09:27:19 AM]

Alex Moreno - shirt stretched by Bad English
[Today at 06:41:16 AM]

The End of the Line - David O'Leary by adrenachrome
[Today at 06:35:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2159943 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #14145 on: June 08, 2018, 05:20:26 PM »

Online itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #14146 on: June 08, 2018, 05:21:06 PM »
Isn’t Luke Edwards the journo that he spoke to about his mum & dad passing?

Would guess he has the inside de track on what is going on with Brucie so is this a genuine come & get me to Leeds or an attempt to get Villa to firm up his position?

I was firmly in the Bruce Out camp until Christmas time, got behind him once it was obvious that he had the backing for the season, after Wembley wanted him gone but with the financial situation I am really undecided, can see the benefit of stability but also worries me whether he has it in him to utilise youngsters proactively.

This is me too. If we are limited to managers currently out of work because we can't pay any compensation there are some potential nightmares out there......

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #14147 on: June 08, 2018, 06:07:04 PM »
If Bruce goes, prepare yourself for Mick McCarthy ;D ;D

Or Steve Cotterill, Alan Curbishley, Sam Allardyce, David Moyes, Alan Pardew.....

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #14148 on: June 08, 2018, 06:20:31 PM »

Would guess he has the inside de track on what is going on with Brucie so is this a genuine come & get me to Leeds or an attempt to get Villa to firm up his position?

I was firmly in the Bruce Out camp until Christmas time, got behind him once it was obvious that he had the backing for the season, after Wembley wanted him gone but with the financial situation I am really undecided, can see the benefit of stability but also worries me whether he has it in him to utilise youngsters proactively.

This is me too. If we are limited to managers currently out of work because we can't pay any compensation there are some potential nightmares out there......

Yeah, we might end up with a manager on a very good wage who plays dull football, can't get us promoted and does nothing towards bringing the youth players on. Oh.

Online itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #14149 on: June 08, 2018, 06:37:13 PM »

Yeah, we might end up with a manager on a very good wage who plays dull football, can't get us promoted and does nothing towards bringing the youth players on. Oh.

See the post above re Allardyce, Moyes, Pardew etc ............they are the likely candidates . You want any of them instead?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #14150 on: June 08, 2018, 06:54:07 PM »
If PWS can put up his perennial clip of Mick McCarthy I will put up my perennial bleat that Curbishley still owes me for the koi carp in his pond.  Less libellously, the man who sold him his house owes me for the koi carp.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #14151 on: June 08, 2018, 06:56:55 PM »
If PWS can put up his perennial clip of Mick McCarthy I will put up my perennial bleat that Curbishley still owes me for the koi carp in his pond.  Less libellously, the man who sold him his house owes me for the koi carp.
Did he sell the house to John Scales?

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #14152 on: June 08, 2018, 07:01:25 PM »
Did he sell the house to John Scales?

Sounds a bit fishy to me. But do you have to keep carping on about it.

Offline Villaininexile

« Reply #14153 on: June 08, 2018, 07:01:32 PM »
I think that Moyes could do a half decent job for us.SB never took a team to the Champions League, and don't think that we would have saved Stratford United last season.....

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #14154 on: June 08, 2018, 07:06:01 PM »

See the post above re Allardyce, Moyes, Pardew etc ............they are the likely candidates . You want any of them instead?

They are the likely candidates according to who?

Because if your hypothesis is we're limited to out of work managers because we can't pay compensation, do you really think we can pay the wages Allardyce, Pardew or Moyes would want?

There's enough to be miserable about without making stuff up to be miserable about. 

Offline john2710

« Reply #14155 on: June 08, 2018, 07:10:03 PM »
Don't forget Dwight Yorke, he deserves a shot at management.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #14156 on: June 08, 2018, 07:12:29 PM »
Don't forget Dwight Yorke, he deserves a shot at management.
Can't believe we haven't spoken to him...

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #14157 on: June 08, 2018, 07:18:22 PM »
Don't forget Dwight Yorke, he deserves to be shot.

You're not John Gregory are you?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #14158 on: June 08, 2018, 07:33:52 PM »
I have been changing my mind a lot over Bruce, but the past weeks events has lead me to want him to stay.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #14159 on: June 08, 2018, 07:35:39 PM »
The Telegraph claim to have a exclusive with no communication between Xia and Bruce since Wembley and Bruce ain't happy about it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/04/steve-bruces-aston-villa-future-uncertain-against-backdrop-financial/

And so said Alex Bruce.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal