collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forest v Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 22411 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Forest v Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2017, 08:21:35 PM »
We got what we deserved. It's now 6 defeats in our last 7 games. Hopefully we'll get enough points to stay up but right now I can't see how.
I just want this season to end, not that I have any interest in next season.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 08:21:45 PM »
Kodija passes me off. Never tries to pass.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 08:21:45 PM »
Give it time and I think we'll gel as a team. Played some good stuff at times today as well as being frustrating but I think Bruce will get us there eventually. Honestly this club has gone through the mire since 2010 and it's gonna take time to turn around. I've already written off this season and hopefully next season will see us finally up and running.

Based on what?

Offline Concrete Tom

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »
Not the result that the performance deserved.

BUT we conspired to give Forest a result. Johnstone (unfortunate) mistake, many players not taking chances, Grealish stupidity and Elphicks positioning have cost us three points. 

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 08:23:25 PM »
It's that magic word gel again.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 08:23:56 PM »
Seemingly every day on here there is a post saying somebody watched *insert team name here* v *insert team name here* and both teams were fucking terrible and we'll beat them easily.

I haven't seen a team worse than Villa this season.

Nope and two noticeable things, outside of individual failings, there is no leadership on the pitch and we just completely fail to press the ball.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2017, 08:24:42 PM »
Even allowing for Grealish's stupidity Bruce's substitutions meant we went from chasing the win to trying to hang on pretty much in an instant.. Taking both strikers off, unless they were both injured, was tactically inept at best. We could not spend the last 15 minutes hoofing the ball clear and not expect it to come straight back. Bruce's honeymoon period at Villa given his past associations was always going to be short so he will have to turn this dip around very quickly.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2017, 08:26:05 PM »
On the train home from Duck City.  We should have got something out of the game.  This is going to take time.  I just hope Dr Tony doesn't throw his dummy out and overreact.  We need stability first and foremost. 

Bruce needs the rest of this season and next before he can possibly turn this around.

Its  not his  fault he took over a club in such  turmoil on the pitch.  He has now bought in some potentially decent players but they will need time to blend in.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2017, 08:26:38 PM »
Not the result that the performance deserved.

BUT we conspired to give Forest a result. Johnstone (unfortunate) mistake, many players not taking chances, Grealish stupidity and Elphicks positioning have cost us three points. 

It wasn't unfortunate, it was shocking goalkeeping.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2017, 08:26:58 PM »
It wasn't the worst I've seen us this season, but we were far from good. Only one team had the ball on the deck and passed it. Yes we had chances but how many times did we give the ball away, or hoof it to no one - we still don't have a discernible style of play. I'm sick of us making other teams looks like great footballing sides. Forest were the ones making the good runs, tight, accurate passes. Maybe they didn't get through a lot but eventually the possession and pressure led to a goal, like it always does.

I don't know what the answer is but fudge me this is hard going. We're bottom of the form table now.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2017, 08:27:14 PM »
Give it time and I think we'll gel as a team. Played some good stuff at times today as well as being frustrating but I think Bruce will get us there eventually. Honestly this club has gone through the mire since 2010 and it's gonna take time to turn around. I've already written off this season and hopefully next season will see us finally up and running.

Just on both Bruce's record in this league and the few snippets today where we actually looked good. We made enough chances today to win 4 or 5 games today let alone 1. I'm as pissed off as anyone, but feck me, this club has been through the mill since 2010 and it's gonna take time to build a team and the team spirit that was hacked from the club in the sabotage of the last 6 or so years.
Based on what?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2017, 08:28:07 PM »
You take your two strikers off when you're 3 or 4 up if you must, not at 1-1 when the game is still to be won. A massive fuck up by Bruce for me. That said, i thought we played quite well and had plenty of chances to win it. Very frustrasting.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2017, 08:28:29 PM »
This is a spiral of defeat and we're fucked

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2017, 08:28:47 PM »

Close down , stop the cross. Close down , stop the cross. Close down , stop the cross. Close down , stop the cross. Close down , stop the cross. Close down , stop the cross. Close down , stop the cross.

Bye Jack - you preening wanker

Bye Steve - clueless twat .

But give him time - zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

We have spent more money than any other team in this two bob league - and we still can't pass the ball

Wankers

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2017, 08:29:30 PM »
You take your two strikers off when you're 3 or 4 up if you must, not at 1-1 when the game is still to be won. A massive fuck up by Bruce for me. That said, i thought we played quite well and had plenty of chances to win it. Very frustrasting.

Normally, yeah, but we were a man down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal