collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:45:15 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:43:13 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 09:41:22 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 09:39:17 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 09:38:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forest v Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 22409 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Forest v Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2017, 01:41:30 PM »
How many players signed during January? Then putting a complete new formation on them, that they've barely ever played before, to go with team mates they've never played with before, it all feels like it's unplanned and unprepared, again. Already we've shoved a midfielder to wing back, after he's had a nightmare debut and then we wonder why players don't settle.

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2017, 01:43:04 PM »
Sadly I am seeing this game as evidence that SB doesn't really know what he's doing - he's replaced an inexperienced error prone young goalkeeper with another one, he's switched to 3 centre halves when we only seem to have 4 at the club and the 4th is Micah Fucking Richards, he's bought two new full backs and immediately wants them to be wing backs, he's playing midfielders out of position, he seems to be worse than M'ON in terms of making game changing substitutions and we have no apparent style of play other than give the opposition the ball and hoof it when we get it back.

I see no sense is sacking SB until the summer or early next season now but he has got to improve things massively on the shite I watched on Saturday (and Tuesday and the previous weekend...)

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2017, 02:06:43 PM »
I'm with Ads on this one. I thought Forest played quite poorly with the amount of ball they had, it was a bit like Lambert's failed experiment at times. They may have won but anyone can win a one off game with big turning points going their way.

There were definite shoots of recovery for us in the chances we created. We looked dangerous on the break and should now be capable of a few set piece goals as well. I think given a bit of time together to get more fluidity in our play we have enough in there now to finish the season well.

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2017, 02:26:53 PM »
Comes to something when the model for playing we should be following is Huddersfield Town.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal