collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Birkir Bjarnason - Released  (Read 136013 times)

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
Re: Birkir Bjarnason - SIGNED
« Reply #825 on: August 14, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »
I'd like to see him have a run of games to see how good he is, or isn't. He certainly has the knack of getting into goal scoring positions, but I think his longest run of starts is 3 games, which has happened only twice since he signed.
Agree with PWS. I would say the same about Elphick too (tin hat now on head). Players need to have a run of games before you can judge them properly. I was with most people about Westwood and a good few others who kept getting played without improving but we have dissed some talented players in the past because we did not give them enough time.
(BTW) I realise for Tommy it is second time around-but I have seen him play well on occasions previously.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #826 on: August 19, 2018, 09:39:50 PM »
Can come across clumsy and gives away fouls too many needless times .

I not sure if he knows where he's playing or has managers full confidence .

Was right to be subbed off v Ipswich

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #827 on: August 24, 2018, 08:48:03 AM »
I have Bjarnasson back in against Reading at the mighty Whelan expense .

If not he'll be in for league cup Burton  but at home and fir balance with McGinn maybe Bjarnasson get his game.

I'm actually all for Whelan but rotation needed and be good to keep him involved

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #828 on: October 01, 2018, 10:33:25 PM »
Can certainly acknowledgement to his contribution and goal Friday v Bristol city .

I think he's played himself in to team and Bruce will have him in v Preston.

Seems Steve "am I really that bad" Bruce plays the one who scores the goal

Also Bruce suggetsd he was saving Bjarnasson after his long summer which I don't know how true that is however I feel he is someone who must be included in the system we play in midfield

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #829 on: October 02, 2018, 08:33:41 AM »
It smells like bullshit as has been mentioned on another thread that a much older Jedinak was also at the World Cup but has played practically every game for us this season.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #830 on: October 02, 2018, 08:38:02 AM »
It's a tough one with Barney. I like him. He's rarely let us down when he's played and he's got a goal in him but it's just a case of deciding where to play him and who to drop. He does deserve a run in the team though.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #831 on: October 02, 2018, 09:26:28 AM »
It's a tough one with Barney. I like him. He's rarely let us down when he's played and he's got a goal in him but it's just a case of deciding where to play him and who to drop. He does deserve a run in the team though.

I still think his best position would be as one of the two advanced midfielders in a midfield three.  As you say, he has got a goal in him and I think playing him in a position where he could get in and around the box might suit him more. 

Online Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #832 on: October 02, 2018, 09:53:49 AM »

I still think his best position would be as one of the two advanced midfielders in a midfield three.  As you say, he has got a goal in him and I think playing him in a position where he could get in and around the box might suit him more. 

So left back then.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #833 on: October 02, 2018, 10:11:31 AM »
I like Barney , I think Bruce hasnt really treated him that well too be honest but you could probably say that about a few players . Bruce has his faves and Barney is not one .  Would not be suprised he is dropped tonight .

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #834 on: October 02, 2018, 02:31:16 PM »
He's nailed on for a starting place tonight, he scored in the last game. Bruce's reward.
I still don't rate Bjarnason

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #835 on: October 02, 2018, 04:46:58 PM »
He's nailed on for a starting place tonight, he scored in the last game. Bruce's reward.
I still don't rate Bjarnason

surely because he scored he'll be dropped and Bruce will play Glenn Whelan in a defensive 6 at home.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #836 on: October 11, 2018, 10:46:02 PM »
Bjarnasson scored a goal running on to pass from outside the box and sidefooting into the net . Right footed powerful accuracy.

Vs France for Iceland .

Well played BB !!

I hope he's used effectively and continuously in the villa midfield as he's a very decent player.

Online Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #837 on: October 12, 2018, 10:42:43 AM »
I think we under rate him and he's an eye for a goal so maybe play him as one of the 3 behind the striker - Dean Smith type of player I reckon

Offline kipeye

« Reply #838 on: October 12, 2018, 11:54:48 AM »

So left back then.
Honestly, I think he would convert well to full back.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #839 on: October 12, 2018, 11:59:56 AM »
He plays left midfield for Iceland.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal