collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: James Bree (Signed for Luton Town)  (Read 58571 times)

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
Re: James Bree - CONFIRMED
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2018, 09:54:38 AM »
Indeed.  He's no older than any of the kids that came through the youth system here, so shouldn't be treated any differently just because he was actually purchased.

Although he was a regular first-team starter in a Championship team when we bought him, so was further ahead in his development that the kids he's now being grouped with - regardless of whether he's at a 'bigger' club or not.

I find it hard to believe that he was told that he'd be a bit-part player (at best) for the next 3 seasons when he signed, so this reeks of us signing a young player and then having no plan of how to develop him.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2018, 09:56:02 AM »
I'm a big fan of Bree ,no cheese puns please,but the above comments show also Bruce's limitations.'He's not developing with us'.Bruce is not good at improving players or recreating the form they've shown at previous clubs.
His unwillingness to give younger players an extended period in the first team also hinders their development.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »
If Bruce isn’t going to play him on a regular basis he needs to be loaned out.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2018, 12:55:24 PM »
Bruce doesn't know what he's going to do with any player.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2018, 03:47:33 PM »
Bruce doesn't know what he's going to do with any player.

He knows what he likes, and he like what he knows. 

As fellow dimwit Donald Rumsfeld once infamously drawled from his  slavering, psychotic lips: "There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.".

On the plus side, Brucey is a thoroughly decent chap and not a sociopathic war criminal and football is only a game, after all.

I agree with the three or four preceding posts, by the way.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2018, 08:36:43 PM »
Brucey may have asked for Bree with his bacon sandwich and they thought it was Barnsley

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2018, 12:16:21 AM »
Burton
Tbf  to Bruce having now heard the Twitter avfc interview he had singled out James Bree as excellent and that he had a look at him at Centre back.

Bruce said Bree was best player.

(The only other he said was okay was axel and had a look at him in midfield)

Offline jwarry

« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2018, 06:20:04 AM »
Burton
Tbf  to Bruce having now heard the Twitter avfc interview he had singled out James Bree as excellent and that he had a look at him at Centre back.

Bruce said Bree was best player.

(The only other he said was okay was axel and had a look at him in midfield)

Can anyone who went confirm this? It would be nice if he’s stumbled on a new young CH

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2018, 06:29:05 AM »
To be fair, I thought Bree was very good at CB at another cup shambles against Peterborough last season.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2018, 12:00:19 PM »
To be fair, I thought Bree was very good at CB at another cup shambles against Peterborough last season.
My MOM last night....doesn't say a great deal i know but i was generally impressed with his all round performance.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »

So if we are to take any positives from last night it's that we may have found a potential position in which we can nurture Bree to reach his potential. Small comfort granted

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2018, 04:03:40 PM »
And yet ,according to reports ,he is looking to bring in a France U20 CB.Might be an improvement but with Axel a loan signing,it could be Bree disappearing to the back of another queue.Unless he finds Axel another position,big striker perhaps.
Bruce's development of players in general,younger ones in particular,borders on criminal insanity.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2018, 04:28:39 PM »
yes, the bloke's a nutter

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2018, 08:12:52 AM »
Really like to see Bree kick on or actually just be given a chance and run at right back .

Feel 5 mins here and there and odd cup games isn't particular helpful in his game development.

I feel he has an energy and attacking threat and would get to the by line making over lapping runs.

As much as I applaud elmohamedys application and relative consistent that Bruce trusts his Egyptian son I like Bree to be given far more opportunities.

I think in the system if he is to play 4-4-2 or simply as actually a full back Bree is the main cheese and should be used

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2018, 09:08:07 AM »
I'm beyond giving a Edam tbf.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal