collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Re: Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396774 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)
« Reply #3570 on: January 29, 2019, 07:55:10 AM »
What kind of surgery did he have? I am guessing gastric band surgery.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3571 on: January 29, 2019, 08:06:09 AM »
You are a braver poster than I am Damo.  I wanted to ask that but guessed I would be re branded as a hard hearted Bruce hater.  For the record I ndo not hate Bruce, I think he is a very poor, out of date, out of touch manager.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3572 on: January 29, 2019, 09:01:53 AM »
If there is any criticism it should be aimed at whoever made the decision at Wednesday.
To try to keep the club in suspended animation for months to wait for Steve Bruce looks like a ridiculous decision.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3573 on: January 29, 2019, 09:43:38 AM »
I’d love to be so shit at my job that I get the sack for the umpteenth time before bagging another (presumably) lucrative position which I can join when it suits me. Can’t think of another industry  where failure is so well compensated.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3574 on: January 29, 2019, 12:47:30 PM »
I’d love to be so shit at my job that I get the sack for the umpteenth time before bagging another (presumably) lucrative position which I can join when it suits me. Can’t think of another industry  where failure is so well compensated.

Politics.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3575 on: January 29, 2019, 12:55:09 PM »

Politics.

Which politician earns anywhere near what Bruce does?

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #3576 on: January 29, 2019, 01:02:04 PM »

Politics.

Geoffrey Cox makes £650000 a year but he does a bit of barristering* on the side.

*not in a coffee shop

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3577 on: January 29, 2019, 01:05:27 PM »

Politics.

Geoffrey Cox makes £650000 a year but he does a bit of barristering* on the side.

*not in a coffee shop

Don’t forget Bruce’s sideline as the acclaimed football fiction writer, Steve Barnes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Steve-Bruce/e/B0034PGBRY

Funniest review- “does to the English language what the Luftwaffe did to Coventry”
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 01:07:39 PM by Chico Hamilton III »

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #3578 on: January 29, 2019, 01:10:58 PM »

Politics.

George Osborne for a start. His mate CallMeDave won't be far behind. I don't suppose Jacob Rees Mogg runs his hedge fund on a voluntary basis. And for the sake of balance, Tony Blair 

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #3579 on: January 29, 2019, 01:33:08 PM »

Politics.

*not in a coffee shop

Don’t forget Bruce’s sideline as the acclaimed football fiction writer, Steve Barnes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Steve-Bruce/e/B0034PGBRY

Funniest review- “does to the English language what the Luftwaffe did to Coventry”

I think after 'Defender!' 'Sweeper!' and 'Striker!' he should bring out 'Manager!' the everyday story of a rotund buffoon travelling round the country murdering football clubs.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3580 on: January 29, 2019, 01:51:21 PM »

Politics.

George Osborne for a start. His mate CallMeDave won't be far behind. I don't suppose Jacob Rees Mogg runs his hedge fund on a voluntary basis. And for the sake of balance, Tony Blair 

Thw first two aren't politicians, and making money from hedge funds isn'y making money from politics.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #3581 on: January 29, 2019, 01:55:00 PM »

Don't get me started on politicians...in the US, members of Congress make around $200k pa, but somehow manage to increase their personal wealth by tens to hundreds of millions - wonder how that happens ?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #3582 on: January 29, 2019, 01:59:45 PM »

Politics.

Thw first two aren't politicians, and making money from hedge funds isn'y making money from politics.

The first two are failed politicians who did very well out of their failure (which is what this is about) and I doubt Rees Mogg has never used his political connections to boost his profile, and his earnings. 

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #3583 on: January 29, 2019, 02:58:31 PM »

Politics.

Political shifts have an impact on hedge funds therefore money can be made from politics by politicians making those political shifts.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3584 on: January 29, 2019, 05:09:00 PM »
You are a braver poster than I am Damo.  I wanted to ask that but guessed I would be re branded as a hard hearted Bruce hater.  For the record I ndo not hate Bruce, I think he is a very poor, out of date, out of touch manager.

I backed him longer than most on here (admittedly a lot of that was due to the late timing of the takeover) but in the end he was doing the usual things managers do when the writing is on the wall by twisting truths and blaming everyone and everything else but themselves.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal