collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 397141 times)

Offline Allan C

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)
« Reply #3540 on: January 03, 2019, 11:14:57 PM »
Personally I don’t care what he does now and I won’t cheer him or boo him when he comes to VP. He was never the right man for us and IMO he held us back and his tenure was wasted time. But like him or loathe him, he is part of our rich history now like all the rest.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #3541 on: January 04, 2019, 12:13:08 AM »
I wished for his own sake and then how it worked out that he had left end of season .
Fair play and all that but failed in promo. Club wants new direction.

Anyway mildly  interesting from afar on how he performs with Wednesday both in results and also performance and playing style wise

They got the  coaching team minus Calderwood (who was never an original bruce follower from clubs) Agnew and Clem

I ll have a wry smile  when hear him in interview and sure  ::) just like lambo but no malice here.

I get why so feel super annoyed about him and why I guess .

We moved on , our football has moved on

We can put up with his 'brutal honesty' from afar now !

Side note:  Josh Onomah ! Back playing under him

Steve Bruce is an amazing guy, on and off the pitch he always made sure that I was feeling good,” Onomah said before the match earlier this season

A major noticeable thing is that bruce is respected in game and clearly a reputable chap.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #3542 on: January 28, 2019, 10:45:22 AM »
From a Birmingham Online article which opens with the sentence "Alan Shearer has claimed Steve Bruce can’t take over at Sheffield Wednesday until next month because Aston Villa are still paying him."

However, Shearer - who is a close friend of Bruce - claims his fellow Geordie is unable to take over at Wednesday until February because he’s still tied to Villa.

Wading into the debate surrounding Bruce on Twitter, Newcastle United and England legend Shearer explained why his pal won’t take over until Friday.

“Because as part of his severance he can’t work until 1st Feb that’s why,” Shearer said.

Bruce’s first game in charge of Wednesday sees the Owls take on Ipswich Town on Saturday.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3543 on: January 28, 2019, 10:59:30 AM »
What a bollocks excuse.  How does Shearer think this reflects well on Bruce?  If he wanted to I'm pretty fucking sure we would have knocked a a couple of weeks pay off the severance package and allowed him to move on early.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #3544 on: January 28, 2019, 11:02:23 AM »
He’s found another mug chairman, good for Bruce.
Fancy having to wait for the shit he serves.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3545 on: January 28, 2019, 11:07:51 AM »
I see the England cricket team were inspired by his presence.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #3546 on: January 28, 2019, 11:30:53 AM »
What a bollocks excuse.  How does Shearer think this reflects well on Bruce?  If he wanted to I'm pretty fucking sure we would have knocked a a couple of weeks pay off the severance package and allowed him to move on early.
Spot on.His son also mentioned his loss of his parents and that Steve's health had also suffered and so he deserved a break.So why didn't he leave us at the start of the season or reject the Sheffield W. job  and have  a good break to fully recover.
All to do with grabbing another million or two .

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #3547 on: January 28, 2019, 11:40:21 AM »

I suspect we were paying more than he will be getting there, so he would lose out on a two weeks higher pay.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3548 on: January 28, 2019, 11:42:42 AM »
I see the England cricket team were inspired by his presence.

That isn't fair. I believe the England cricket team have given him credit for being such a good sight screen.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3549 on: January 28, 2019, 12:15:47 PM »
Sheffield Wednesday fans were falling over themselves to ingratiate themselves with Alex Bruce, saying that they understood his need for a break and that they disagreed with the comments from Danny Murphy et al.  They'll learn the hard way, the fucking numpties.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #3550 on: January 28, 2019, 01:02:50 PM »
I wonder if he'll know if Forestieri is injured?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #3551 on: January 28, 2019, 01:14:57 PM »
Sheffield Wednesday fans were falling over themselves to ingratiate themselves with Alex Bruce, saying that they understood his need for a break and that they disagreed with the comments from Danny Murphy et al.  They'll learn the hard way, the fucking numpties.

Agreed

Great signature by the Risso

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #3552 on: January 28, 2019, 01:27:01 PM »
I have often wondered whether Bruce was first choice rather than RDM but said he wanted time off after leaving Hull.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3553 on: January 28, 2019, 01:28:09 PM »
If he planned to make out he was on a fact finding mission to find out if he could pick up some tips on how the England cricket team operate it hasn't worked out very well.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #3554 on: January 28, 2019, 01:30:01 PM »
I have often wondered whether Bruce was first choice rather than RDM but said he wanted time off after leaving Hull.

Pretty sure he hadn’t left Hull yet when we chose RDM. I doubt Bruce would’ve turned us down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal