collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 397284 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #3480 on: January 02, 2019, 09:02:12 PM »
How ironic would it be that he signed the bloke who got him sacked from the Villa,  Step forward, penalty king, Sir Whelan of Glen. On a free, obviously!

eh? Glen Whelan threw the cabbage?

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #3481 on: January 02, 2019, 11:57:46 PM »
I think the idea behind Agnew and Clemence going there now is that they can spend 4 weeks ingraining Bruce's training methods into the players so that when he arrives on 1st February they're fully proficient in rolling their sleeves up and putting their boots on

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3482 on: January 03, 2019, 12:02:48 AM »
I don’t wish him well Idont wish him anything, I just wish he had not fucked our club up.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #3483 on: January 03, 2019, 12:06:27 AM »
Good luck to him. Last season wasn't the worst we've ever had was it, he was just too negative at Wembley and as good as we were were were still too inconsistent.  He definitely lost it the start of this season with his pop at the fans and his tactical fuck ups and selections but hes not the O'Leary pantomime villain some would have you believe.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3484 on: January 03, 2019, 06:51:05 AM »
however, if the theory that he isn't taking up his post until Feb 1st is because he would forfeit his compensation from us, then Brian Green is totally vindicated in his view.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #3485 on: January 03, 2019, 08:43:46 AM »
Surely if Bruce was embargoed until 1st Feb, the same deal would have applied to his backroom team?  I would have thought they would all get similar severance agreements?  I reckon he just doesn't want to leave Vilamoura just yet!!

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3486 on: January 03, 2019, 09:19:59 AM »
I've got nothing against bruce personally only what he failed to do with my club despite resources and time afforded to him. He failed to make the play-offs in his first year. He failed to make the autos in his second year and then subsequently failed in the play-off final. He blamed the fans and coerced his media buddies to do likewise. He failed to set up his teams with any attacking intent and then blatantly ripped up our defence and goalkeeping positions ahead of his impending departure following our new owners' arrival. If its true he's not starting until 1st Feb at sheff wed that for me shows his lack of commitment to his new club and smacks of getting his excuses in early why they won't be making the playoffs. It doesn't surprise me that he's trying to squeeze every last penny he can from Villa cause he's got to subsidise that waste of space of a son, in continuing to be his mouthpiece. It will be interesting to see what sheff wed fans are saying after a shortwhile of bruceball, because it isn't going to end well with him in charge irrespective of whether he fails to win promotion with them or if he does, his inevitable relegation from the premiershite.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3487 on: January 03, 2019, 09:22:29 AM »
say what you see, see what you say!

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #3488 on: January 03, 2019, 09:54:54 AM »
I don’t wish him well Idont wish him anything, I just wish he had not fucked our club up.

Our club was fucked up long before Steve Bruce came along. I'm far from his biggest fan but he was a decent guy who was massively out of his depth.

Online cdward

« Reply #3489 on: January 03, 2019, 10:12:46 AM »
Steve Bruce brought stability to us at a time when we could easily have done what Sunderland did, and fell through the Championship to the 3rd division.
He then turned us around and got us close enough to promotion to deserve another go at it this season.
However his shortcomings caught up with him, and it was time to go.
However he remains a decent bloke. It is all in the past and i wish him well in his new club.

As for the Feb 1st thing being some kind of an enforced transfer embargo, surely if he wants to buy Elmo/Whelan/Hutton, he just says it to the Sheff Wed board and they sign them.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #3490 on: January 03, 2019, 10:19:06 AM »
Bruce will turn up in Rotherham on a Tuesday and say "Well it's there or thereabouts".

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #3491 on: January 03, 2019, 10:29:11 AM »
According to a journalist on Twitter, the reason Bruce isn’t starting until 1st Feb is because he’s going to the West Indies for the Test match in late January!

Kind of mind boggling but not surprising, both at the same time.

Really showing his commitment to the cause at SWFC.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3492 on: January 03, 2019, 10:36:09 AM »
Steve Bruce brought stability to us at a time when we could easily have done what Sunderland did, and fell through the Championship to the 3rd division.
He then turned us around and got us close enough to promotion to deserve another go at it this season.
However he remains a decent bloke. It is all in the past and i wish him well in his new club.

As for the Feb 1st thing being some kind of an enforced transfer embargo, surely if he wants to buy Elmo/Whelan/Hutton, he just says it to the Sheff Wed board and they sign them.

Right then, own up. Who on here does the best impression of him? We're a resourceful bunch, we can get hold of the right number somehow. Gotta be worth a phone call...

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #3493 on: January 03, 2019, 10:43:23 AM »
According to a journalist on Twitter, the reason Bruce isn’t starting until 1st Feb is because he’s going to the West Indies for the Test match in late January!

Kind of mind boggling but not surprising, both at the same time.

Really showing his commitment to the cause at SWFC.

I've seen some Wednesday fans claiming that Bruce is having surgery on his knee, hence the Feb start.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #3494 on: January 03, 2019, 11:11:59 AM »

Pretty much my thoughts as well

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal