collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by eamonn
[Today at 01:34:31 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:33:31 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396832 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #3465 on: January 02, 2019, 06:56:00 PM »
Haven't really got anything against Sheffield Wednesday apart from that bleeding drum. Hope he does well, apart from when they play us of course.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3466 on: January 02, 2019, 06:59:22 PM »
Racist northern twats.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #3467 on: January 02, 2019, 07:20:21 PM »
All the best to Bruce and Sheff Wed. Elmo bound to be getting a call and maybe the likes of Hogan and Nyland whom he apparently was scouting for years. Out of the more recent previous managers I'd have a lot more time for Bruce than the others, his limitations notwithstanding.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #3468 on: January 02, 2019, 07:32:46 PM »
So he takes charge on 1st February, with Agnew and Clemence running things in the meantime?  Bet the Wednesday fans are delighted about that.

Read somewhere that he forfeits his severance package from us if he takes another job before 1st February.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #3469 on: January 02, 2019, 07:37:12 PM »
All the best to Bruce and Sheff Wed. Elmo bound to be getting a call and maybe the likes of Hogan and Nyland whom he apparently was scouting for years. Out of the more recent previous managers I'd have a lot more time for Bruce than the others, his limitations notwithstanding.

Pretty much this. Wish him well 44 games of the season

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3470 on: January 02, 2019, 07:55:44 PM »
So he takes charge on 1st February, with Agnew and Clemence running things in the meantime?  Bet the Wednesday fans are delighted about that.

Read somewhere that he forfeits his severance package from us if he takes another job before 1st February.

That sounds about right......

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #3471 on: January 02, 2019, 08:05:03 PM »

Oh come off it with the holier than thou bullshit, if you were looking at a fat payoff don’t tell me you’d forfeit it by breaking a contractual clause. Maybe just maybe our savvy new CEO wrote the clause in so he wouldn’t get a January transfer window in.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:06:39 PM by Jon Crofts »

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #3472 on: January 02, 2019, 08:08:03 PM »

Oh come off it with the holier than thou bullshit, if you were looking at a fat payoff don’t tell me you’d forfeit it by breaking a contractual clause. Maybe just maybe our savvy new CEO wrote the clause in so he wouldn’t get a January transfer window in.

I think Wednesday would probably cover the difference considering the value of promotion ?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3473 on: January 02, 2019, 08:12:41 PM »

wouldn’t we want him to have a window considering the expensive overage overpayed shit he buys

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3474 on: January 02, 2019, 08:17:52 PM »

Isn't that the point though? If you were excited about returning a big-(ish) club to the premier, then missing out on a important transfer window to keep your pay-off doesn't sound that committed to the cause to me. Just talk to them end of January if its that important to you and the job is still available. I have no real axe to grind with Bruce really apart from the crap football and his media friends making excuses for him all the time, but throughout his career he's jumped ship or looked for a better gig if it suited him either pay-wise or a bigger transfer budget. That's fine but it probably explains why he's one of the  mercurial merry-go-round managers who never gets the big job, rather than someone who builds something long term
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:19:23 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #3475 on: January 02, 2019, 08:21:12 PM »
I read somewhere that he didn’t want to start until he’d completed an already arranged family holiday.

Good luck to him.

I believe the suggestion its more about the compensation from us.
It's about what I'd have expected.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3476 on: January 02, 2019, 08:21:21 PM »
Never liked Wednesday, always preferred Sheff Utd but tonight Wednesday have my sympathy.

Oh and if they're looking for a wonderful right back/wing back/right winger, we have one called Elmo going cheap. The gifted Lansbury would fit in well with their midfield and Scott Hogan up front would score a load.*

*Edit: I can't promise Wednesday fans that Bruce would play the above in positions mentioned.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:23:03 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #3477 on: January 02, 2019, 08:27:40 PM »
Never liked Wednesday, always preferred Sheff Utd but tonight Wednesday have my sympathy.

Oh and if they're looking for a wonderful right back/wing back/right winger, we have one called Elmo going cheap. The gifted Lansbury would fit in well with their midfield and Scott Hogan up front would score a load.*

*Edit: I can't promise Wednesday fans that Bruce would play the above in positions mentioned.

Christ you could add so much more absolute shite to that list, a whole starting 11 bought by Bruce for well above their value.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3478 on: January 02, 2019, 08:56:05 PM »
He’ll do fine there. Modest expectations and no money.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3479 on: January 02, 2019, 09:00:14 PM »
How ironic would it be that he signed the bloke who got him sacked from the Villa,  Step forward, penalty king, Sir Whelan of Glen. On a free, obviously!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal