collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396526 times)

Offline Bottom Right 89

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #3150 on: February 19, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »
Has Steve Bruce resigned? Only a friend just said he saw it on Facebook
No chance, if you had worked all your career to get an opportunity like this you wouldn't quit at the first sign of trouble. The club from what I can see have been more supportive to Steve than any manager in the past 10 years, he will be given time to put things right and he will put things right.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #3151 on: February 19, 2017, 08:32:30 PM »
Is Bruce now being criticised for something he might not have actually said to somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody?
Fucking Bruce and his shit Chinese whispers, he can't even do them properly.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3152 on: February 19, 2017, 08:36:40 PM »
What a load of shady shit - if he doesn't rate Kodjia,at least, he deserves the tin tack

Where does it say anywhere on the whole wide interweb that he doesn't rate Kodjia?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3153 on: February 19, 2017, 08:38:20 PM »
Is Bruce now being criticised for something he might not have actually said to somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody?

I know, it's unbelievable what people fall for sometimes.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3154 on: February 19, 2017, 08:39:09 PM »
Fucking Bruce and his shit Chinese whispers, he can't even do them properly.
Guilty feet have got no rhythm, er

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3155 on: February 19, 2017, 08:43:10 PM »

what isn't unbelievable is that a Bruce would throw the players in the bus to protect himself given the run we're on.  He's pretty much following the script for managers in a rut in every other way.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #3156 on: February 19, 2017, 08:56:41 PM »
Who's he blaming?  Have I missed any particular name? Or is this still the name he's apparently said to someone else?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:59:33 PM by Ian J »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3157 on: February 19, 2017, 08:57:38 PM »

what isn't unbelievable is that a Bruce would throw the players in the bus to protect himself given the run we're on.  He's pretty much following the script for managers in a rut in every other way.

So not only is he being slagged for something he hasn't said, he's also getting it for something he hasn't done.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3158 on: February 19, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »

So not only is he being slagged for something he hasn't said, he's also getting it for something he hasn't done.

Makes you sick, probably not saying something to somebody who knows somebody who might know somebody and then to make things even worse if that is possible, not doing something that somebody has made up in their own imagination. Sickening behaviour. Amazed he's not been sacked.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #3159 on: February 19, 2017, 09:33:07 PM »
Hope he hasn't.............

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #3160 on: February 19, 2017, 09:36:33 PM »
The original comment might or might not be bollocks, but I assume all the responses to it were made on the proviso that it is true. As paul_e says, given the run Bruce is on it wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world if he was framing our situation as a continuing players-with-shit-attitudes one. I probably expressed the same views about Sherwood briefing his mates in the media before he left, and had/have no idea if that is a verified fact or just message board speculation.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #3161 on: February 19, 2017, 09:46:54 PM »
Part of the " problem " surrounding SB now is surely the fact that he has lived locally for so long that there is a whole bunch of ITK's who know someone who knows something. Even his wife Janet's hairdresser and someone who went to several schools with Alex ??
At times like this they come out of the woodwork with a nod in the direction and we are all keen to see where that nod leads.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3162 on: February 19, 2017, 10:53:38 PM »

I'd have assumed that the 'if this is true then...' at the start of all of these comments would be implied.

I don't know if it's true or not, all i'm saying is that it's the kind of story you always hear from managers under pressure.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #3163 on: February 19, 2017, 11:03:08 PM »
Calderwood made the comment Xmas before the new players were signed. I daresay Bruces comment was made even earlier.

Interesting the responses on here , though probably typical of a fans site.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3164 on: February 20, 2017, 01:57:50 AM »

And we haven't even considered things we think he might have thought of doing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal