collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:09:43 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:09:43 PM]

Re: MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 11:05:25 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Re: MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:56:39 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 10:55:53 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396662 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #3120 on: February 18, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »
I really dislike Micah and think Big Steve's lost it if he brings him back.

But I'm not sure if the consensus of this forum always aligns with the wider support at home but also particularly away.

For me Hutton stinks as a player. But when I went to the Brentford game, not all but a fair few of the fans seem to be right behind him. There's even a song for him.

I only go to VP a couple of times a season, and to the London aways, but I agree. I mentioned on here that I was staggered at QPR when Tim Sherwood got a standing ovation and a song when he walked past the away end.

As for Hutton, I'm with Chris Smith.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3121 on: February 18, 2017, 12:19:22 PM »

But I'm not sure if the consensus of this forum always aligns with the wider support at home but also particularly away.

For me Hutton stinks as a player. But when I went to the Brentford game, not all but a fair few of the fans seem to be right behind him. There's even a song for him.

I only go to VP a couple of times a season, and to the London aways, but I agree. I mentioned on here that I was staggered at QPR when Tim Sherwood got a standing ovation and a song when he walked past the away end.

For all of Sherwood's faults he did keep us up that first season and gave us our only couple of genuine bright spots in the last 7 years or so. Maybe that's why some fans still like him a bit?

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3122 on: February 18, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »

For all of Sherwood's faults he did keep us up that first season and gave us our only couple of genuine bright spots in the last 7 years or so. Maybe that's why some fans still like him a bit?

Lambert kept us up every season that he was here. It shouldn't be considered an achievement.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3123 on: February 18, 2017, 12:34:17 PM »

Lambert kept us up every season that he was here. It shouldn't be considered an achievement.

I don't think there's even a comparison. The club was in free fall and was getting worse with every season that went by. Lambert played is part in that, especially made worse with the diabolical negative football he played. Sherwood played some decent stuff and lifted the club albeit for a short time only.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3124 on: February 18, 2017, 12:39:00 PM »
Fair enough. We won't agree and the arguments have been rinsed dry.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #3125 on: February 18, 2017, 12:48:35 PM »
Steve Bruce is having a bit if a disagreement with Paul McGrath over his perceived commitment.  I can't see that ending well for Bruce.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #3126 on: February 18, 2017, 12:56:47 PM »

I know what you mean, i think Hutton is gash too but there was a few renditions of the 500 miles song in the Holte against Barnsley, this was when the score was 1-3. he seems to have a bit of a cult hero status amongst some of our support, I'm guessing its because of his effort.

I like him. He gives his all and looks as though he cares. He also never hides. If some of those with more ability showed the same attitude and application then we might not be having such a tough time.

Same here.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3127 on: February 18, 2017, 01:03:01 PM »
Steve Bruce is having a bit if a disagreement with Paul McGrath over his perceived commitment.  I can't see that ending well for Bruce.

Where's this?

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #3128 on: February 18, 2017, 01:10:35 PM »

Where's this?

That font of truth that is the Birmingham Mail - shouldn't have clicked on the link really.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3129 on: February 18, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »

Where's this?

That font of truth that is the Birmingham Mail - shouldn't have clicked on the link really.

Ta.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #3130 on: February 18, 2017, 01:17:56 PM »

I know what you mean, i think Hutton is gash too but there was a few renditions of the 500 miles song in the Holte against Barnsley, this was when the score was 1-3. he seems to have a bit of a cult hero status amongst some of our support, I'm guessing its because of his effort.

I like him. He gives his all and looks as though he cares. He also never hides. If some of those with more ability showed the same attitude and application then we might not be having such a tough time.

Same here.

For me he's constantly out of position. I think a better way of showing application and attitude would be showing some tactical nous, supporting team mates by being in position and getting back a bit quicker after losing the ball while the opposition start another attack.

I don't think the bonkers runs that open up acres of space for the opposition show application or endeavour. While I like a hard tackle, I would take 90 minutes of good positioning as a better sign of good attitude than a 1 second leg breaking tackle.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #3131 on: February 18, 2017, 01:32:45 PM »

Where's this?

fuck me not like the mail (shit) to be divisive.

Ta.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #3132 on: February 19, 2017, 11:43:02 AM »
So he states he lives in the area and has done for a while, so he knows what the support has been through, then he glory's up Micah Richards. What you may have not grasped, is were not fickle, but if we do not like you, your days are numbered. Micak fing Richards help!!!

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #3133 on: February 19, 2017, 11:46:12 AM »
If he honestly thinks Micah Richards is going to be the answer he's in for a huge disappointment.

I'm very surprised at Bruce, thought he had more nous than this tbh.

Offline ez

« Reply #3134 on: February 19, 2017, 11:58:02 AM »
I think he's just saying it because we're stuck with him for the moment. Same with Agbonlahor.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal