collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396748 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #3075 on: February 16, 2017, 10:10:11 AM »
Of course it's a big job. Just because he's spent money doesn't mean it's not a big job.
So is Leeds but Monk seems to be doing ok with a fraction of resources They started poorly but then he found his own system and stuck to it. Bruce bleating about bringing too many into the team at once is nobody's fault but his own. He's not showing his experience at all as he's not been in this position before and it shows

And how long have Leeds been out of the top flight? How many managers have they got through over the last few years? Yes it's a big job, but so is this one. Just throwing money at it doesn't make it less of one.
No sign of progress. We're actually getting worse.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3076 on: February 16, 2017, 10:17:12 AM »
Of course it's a big job. Just because he's spent money doesn't mean it's not a big job.
So is Leeds but Monk seems to be doing ok with a fraction of resources They started poorly but then he found his own system and stuck to it. Bruce bleating about bringing too many into the team at once is nobody's fault but his own. He's not showing his experience at all as he's not been in this position before and it shows

And how long have Leeds been out of the top flight? How many managers have they got through over the last few years? Yes it's a big job, but so is this one. Just throwing money at it doesn't make it less of one.

I agree but chopping and changing managers is not necessarily going to change anything.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #3077 on: February 16, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »

I agree but chopping and changing managers is not necessarily going to change anything.
If this form continues much longer he will be sacked. There will be little choice as we will be hurtling towards League 1 and it will be shit or bust time. He has to start turning things round from now.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3078 on: February 16, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »
Did Lambert or anyone else in recent history have a run like the one Bruce is on at the moment? I realize our form's been shit since Boxing Day but has it been shitter under anyone else since MON left?

Online LukeJames

« Reply #3079 on: February 16, 2017, 10:32:47 AM »

Keeping this one definately isn't.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #3080 on: February 16, 2017, 10:34:08 AM »

Keeping this one definately isn't.

And no doubt you'll say the same if the next one has a bad run of results, and the next one.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #3081 on: February 16, 2017, 10:39:41 AM »
That really depends on a number of things, the most important being can I see progress despite the results.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #3082 on: February 16, 2017, 11:20:18 AM »
Did Lambert or anyone else in recent history have a run like the one Bruce is on at the moment? I realize our form's been shit since Boxing Day but has it been shitter under anyone else since MON left?

Serious?

You've already forgotten Sherwood picking up 1 point or something in the first 10 last season? Remi Garde, horrendously long run of defeats? Alex McCleish winning, what was it? 1 of his last 15? Paul Lambert, the king of the long winless run got so bored with those runs and we got so immune to them that he developed the long winless and goalless run to give us something new to think about.

This current run is nothing new at all, the last 6/7 years have been seeded with numerous terrible runs. The club has been a joke.

Offline maigrait

• GM : 12.07.2019
« Reply #3083 on: February 16, 2017, 11:28:45 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2017/feb/16/aston-villa-relegation-championship-steve-bruce-league-one?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_WhatsApp

Decent article I think... kinda lays the stats out anyway.... If he had started the season I'd say he'd be gone already.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #3084 on: February 16, 2017, 11:31:58 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2017/feb/16/aston-villa-relegation-championship-steve-bruce-league-one?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_WhatsApp

Decent article I think... kinda lays the stats out anyway.... If he had started the season I'd say he'd be gone already.

You can't say that really though. We might have started the season well with a pre-season with his own players.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #3085 on: February 16, 2017, 11:37:09 AM »

That might be true who knows? Fact is we're on our second manager this season. Another sacking would be desperation time and imho a big mistake. I really think we have to hold our nerve and things will change for the better.
Bit like in poker.

Offline maigrait

• GM : 12.07.2019
« Reply #3086 on: February 16, 2017, 11:37:14 AM »

You can't say that really though. We might have started the season well with a pre-season with his own players.

Based on his current stats and what RDM was binned for statswise - he would have been gone...

For the record - I don't want him gone. I'd rather he worked out... but you have to admit its painful to watch and we've... erm... been here before.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:42:00 AM by maigrait »

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #3087 on: February 16, 2017, 11:55:36 AM »

That might be true who knows? Fact is we're on our second manager this season. Another sacking would be desperation time and imho a big mistake. I really think we have to hold our nerve and things will change for the better.
Bit like in poker.

I've a feeling that a right gubbing at St James' Park will see Bruce's chips being had. Given the likelihood of a pasting, I think Bruce will do well to avoid a nervous breakdown after the deluge of shit that'll be coming his way (and that's just from the Jardees).

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3088 on: February 16, 2017, 12:07:14 PM »
I guess managers and Prime Ministers must have the same Fears.

"Events dear boy Events"
H.Macmillan.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #3089 on: February 16, 2017, 02:23:58 PM »
Kodjia, McCormack and Hogan cost well over £40m? I think he'll find they didn't.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal