collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 397150 times)

Offline Rico

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #3015 on: February 14, 2017, 03:00:58 PM »
Ever since TSM1 we have set up to be ultra defensive. Why is that? If we're going to lose at least go down fighting. Remember when Sherwood was sitting in the stands during the Leicester match in the FA Cup. He immediately Identified the problem and got us playing further up the pitch with a higher tempo. Now I'm not trying to stick up for Tim Sherwood here, but for those last few months of watching Villa that season it was exciting again (FA Cup final apart). Yes we lost some games, but we also won a fair few too. So the message to Steve Bruce should be get on the front foot from the off. Enough of this ultra defensive crap (quite frankly our defenders are not good enough anyway to be trying to play out from the back.) Get some pace into the team, give some of the youngsters a go. We might not win every game, but at least it will be more entertaining. After all, what have you got to lose, because carry on as you are, Steve, and you'll be out of a job soon enough and we could end up in league 1.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3016 on: February 14, 2017, 03:18:29 PM »
Ramble over, tl;dr version - I'm not a fan of the formation but if Bruce and his coaches worked with the players, explained what they're supposed to do and had a plan for how to win the ball and how to use it once we had it I wouldn't give a shit what the numbers were.

I'd settle for a plan right now too. Big night tonight for Manager Bruce so let's pray he finally gets it right.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3017 on: February 14, 2017, 04:35:41 PM »
Agree Rudy and Paul.  I think the players just don't know how they are supposed to play.  They must be getting so much instruction but so little freedom to play the way they have to get where they are. We have proven talented players.  Just let them play.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #3018 on: February 14, 2017, 04:35:57 PM »
This 442 quote. Not that I'm doubting it but I think I've only read it on here. Does anyone have a link to the original article/quote? Context might help as otherwise that combined with his transfer dealings and his recent formations suggest he has lost it.

He said it at a meeting with supporters.

Cheers Dave. Direct from source then. Even if he meant it in a disparaging 'the championship is rubbish' way, him persisting with another formation that isn't working is baffling.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #3019 on: February 14, 2017, 04:44:44 PM »
On the one hand, changing managers every six months is too destabilising. On the other hand, isn't Steve Round here to help overcome such a scenario? On the one hand, getting rid of Bruce just after backing him in the transfer window would be counterintuitive. On the other hand, we don't look like scoring let alone winning. And then I've got four hands.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #3020 on: February 14, 2017, 05:15:09 PM »
On the one hand, changing managers every six months is too destabilising. On the other hand, isn't Steve Round here to help overcome such a scenario? On the one hand, getting rid of Bruce just after backing him in the transfer window would be counterintuitive. On the other hand, we don't look like scoring let alone winning. And then I've got four hands.

GOALIE !

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #3021 on: February 14, 2017, 06:26:16 PM »
I like the idea of a Goalkeeper who studied at Galaxy High School (one for the youngsters).

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #3022 on: February 14, 2017, 06:55:20 PM »

GOALIE !

Two hands to fumble and flap, two to collect the rebound. Why didn't anybody think of this sooner?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3023 on: February 14, 2017, 09:29:54 PM »
Fucking terrible. I hate the thought of yet another change but just like the last days of RDM it's getting worse or the manager simply cannot get the team to work cohesively. Yes we've had some bad luck but this is way beyond poor now. He won't get fired tonight but it can't be that far off if things stay like this.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #3024 on: February 14, 2017, 09:30:01 PM »
think you should sack Calderwood or you will be gone.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3025 on: February 14, 2017, 09:34:53 PM »
He should resign why should we have to pay another chancer off?

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #3026 on: February 14, 2017, 09:36:51 PM »
There will be a long list of candidates.

The chance to be fucking hopeless for six months and then get a massive pay off.

It's sickening.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3027 on: February 14, 2017, 09:38:58 PM »
Gotta wonder what Xia is thinking right now.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #3028 on: February 14, 2017, 09:39:48 PM »

Melting Bruce in a vat of acid.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3029 on: February 14, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »

"I thought I mugged that Lerner guy. Maybe he mugged me....."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal