collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 397257 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #2835 on: February 12, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »
Was Bree injured?

Hutton is abysmal. The amount of crosses or opportunities to cross he wasted was ridiculous.

Yes, knee knack.

Hutton was again poor in advanced positions but I can't help but like him, he's one of the few that know the tempo is wrong and tries to do something to gee up the side and the crowd, normally some kind of foul play.

He could whip the crowd up by knocking in a decent cross or two, not mistiming tackles or shanking the ball out of play. He's fucking shit.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #2836 on: February 12, 2017, 10:46:47 AM »
Its like playing with 10 men  at times, teams don't mind when he is on the ball simply  because he does nothing with it (Hutton).

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2837 on: February 12, 2017, 10:50:26 AM »
It's frustrating as hell as most of the play goes down the right. Whoever plays the ball to Hutton should just bypass him and chin it out for a goal kick.

Hutton should never wear a Villa shirt again.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2838 on: February 12, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »
Hutton on the ball in an advanced position is a pass back to the opposition goalie.

So now Bruce has wasted another 2 games trying a random formation what does he plan on moving on to now? Is there a plan? Is it random? Is it pin the tail on the donkey stuff? What did he have in mind when he brought all those players? It wasn't 5-3-2 was it, come on Bruce stick true to yourself we need a manager to be strong in his beliefs on how to play not flip flop between formations never building anything.

The 5-3-2 was always going to be garbage, he did not spend the millions thinking about 5-3-2. Play the team you envisaged, if you didn't envisage one then you shoudn't be managing Aston Villa.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #2839 on: February 12, 2017, 10:59:54 AM »
We have to stick with Bruce till the end of the season. However we really need to be getting results between now and may. If we we are still in the same league position come the end of the season how the hell can we expect to get promoted next season.After yesterday's team selection and set up i'm very concerned about the abilities of Mr.Bruce to eventually get us promoted.  Posters on here seem to have more tactical nous than our manager. Frightening.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2840 on: February 12, 2017, 11:17:52 AM »
I bet he calls it a "horrible day" or "it's a horrible one".  There have been a lot of horrible ones lately Steve, you useless arse.

Or...I won't accept that from any team of mine.  It's not acceptable and the fans won't accept it.  The owner won't accept it shouldn't have to accept it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2841 on: February 12, 2017, 11:22:34 AM »
As much as the results have been really poor since xmas I just fail to see what good sacking Bruce would do.

No way are we getting relegated (how depressing to even type that at this season of the season) and I fail to see how things would significantly improve under Rowett after the initial honeymoon period for him wears off.

This season is a write off, it's disappointing but that's the way it is I'm afraid.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #2842 on: February 12, 2017, 11:25:43 AM »
I can quite easily see us flirt with the spectre of relegation. 

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2843 on: February 12, 2017, 11:26:05 AM »
He's the in the same league as Mcliesh as a manager apart from Mcliesh has been more successful overall
both nice enough blokes, honest, friendly talk a good game make people feel warm inside

unfortunatly they are also both negative tactically,
old fashioned British principled fully paid up members of the old boys network, loads of mates who are pundits always bigging them up and telling everyone who will listen that they will 'turn it round given time' ( and we laughed at Sherwood)
archetypal championship managers who yo yo about playing the shitest football known to man

I agree we need stability but why do we have to stick with the worst most boring manager we ever had to get this stability thing going

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #2844 on: February 12, 2017, 11:28:20 AM »
Its like playing with 10 men  at times, teams don't mind when he is on the ball simply  because he does nothing with it (Hutton).

Ditto Baker, defensively he was fine but he struggled to find a Villa shirt every single time.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2845 on: February 12, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »
Agree with soccer HQ.  As for Hutton, we've tried to replace him twice this season alone.  Yet still he plays!

Offline TonyD

« Reply #2846 on: February 12, 2017, 11:29:35 AM »
I think we need a poll. 

Offline Bestmate

« Reply #2847 on: February 12, 2017, 11:29:58 AM »
As much as the results have been really poor since xmas I just fail to see what good sacking Bruce would do.

No way are we getting relegated (how depressing to even type that at this season of the season) and I fail to see how things would significantly improve under Rowett after the initial honeymoon period for him wears off.

This season is a write off, it's disappointing but that's the way it is I'm afraid.

With the huge benefit of hindsight maybe this season was always going to be a write off. Maybe we are all coming to terms with the true extent of the defeatist culture caused by five years increasingly evident harmful neglect.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2848 on: February 12, 2017, 11:30:03 AM »
In fact, Hutton has been replaced more times this season than his crosses have found a man

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2849 on: February 12, 2017, 11:30:17 AM »
I thought Lansbury was our best player by a mile yesterday. He did a lot of tracking back as well which was good to see.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal