collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Re: Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396773 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #2715 on: February 11, 2017, 05:40:39 PM »
At this point there's an argument Bruce deserves the sack at least as much as RDM did when he went.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2716 on: February 11, 2017, 05:40:50 PM »
he said at his weeks press conference that he never expected to have seven new players and that it was now his job to fit them into the team. It begs the question what exactly is our player signing policy if  the manager doesn't know who is coming in.

The chaos on  the pitch is probably reflecting what is happening behind the scenes.

Nonsense, another excuse merchant taking the piss out of the club. 2 games more and unless there is an improvement then fuck him off. His tactics are straight out of the Mike basset school. Can't see him turning around this to be honest.

Not defending him but as little as I believe in Bruce I have just as little faith in Dr X

I really dislike seeing your posts. How has Xia not supported his manager?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2717 on: February 11, 2017, 05:42:47 PM »
At this point there's an argument Bruce deserves the sack at least as much as RDM did when he went.

Perhaps. Or maybe we should realise just how big a job it is to turn around the mess that is Aston Villa?

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2718 on: February 11, 2017, 05:45:10 PM »
Its a huge job, hes showing no signs at all that hes capable of it.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2719 on: February 11, 2017, 05:47:21 PM »
We should be thinking about it now, at least.

If that run stretches to 10 games without a win and no prospect of improvement, there is a decision to be taken. If performance levels have picked up and we're still narrowly missing out, I'd still stick with him.  But Christ, he's making it tough.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2720 on: February 11, 2017, 05:47:41 PM »

Perhaps. Or maybe we should realise just how big a job it is to turn around the mess that is Aston Villa?

Well given that Bruce is doing just as bad a job why weren't you putting up the same argument for keeping Di Matteo?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2721 on: February 11, 2017, 05:48:41 PM »
You can have messi, George best, ponging waring all in the same side if you send them out without a game plan than you are on a loser. Today was like kids on a football pitch I pick him he picks that kid and you are left with 11 strangers not knowing each other's game Terrible

At least one of them will be beyond ponging by now.

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #2722 on: February 11, 2017, 05:51:22 PM »
He's clueless - makes Tactics Tim look like Cesar Menotti

3 at the back clearly not working - why not try 4-4-2

Taylor was finished on 60 mins - took ages to replace him.

No doubt he will come out with some nice sound bites after the match .

His game management is pathetic

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2723 on: February 11, 2017, 05:53:04 PM »
FFS what were those subsitutions all about? And I thought this bloke knew about setting teams up etc etc

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2724 on: February 11, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »
Hopefully that's the end of 3-5-2 (5-3-2).

what I don't get is that he talked about favouring 4-4-2 and then pays 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 (It's actually more the former with Hutton/Taylor). He's gone ultra conservative when he should encouraging open play and then tightening it up late in games. This is dreadful now and we have completely stifled any attacking intent and sapping the life and confidence out of the players and fans.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #2725 on: February 11, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »
he said at his weeks press conference that he never expected to have seven new players and that it was now his job to fit them into the team. It begs the question what exactly is our player signing policy if  the manager doesn't know who is coming in.

The chaos on  the pitch is probably reflecting what is happening behind the scenes.

Nonsense, another excuse merchant taking the piss out of the club. 2 games more and unless there is an improvement then fuck him off. His tactics are straight out of the Mike basset school. Can't see him turning around this to be honest.

Not defending him but as little as I believe in Bruce I have just as little faith in Dr X

I never said he wasn't supporting Bruce and I couldn't care less whether you dislike my posts or not. A few years ago when I was expressing doubts about Lerner I used to hear the same old tut.

Dr X is one of those that thinks if you chuck enough money at the problem it all magically comes good. No evidence of a structured approach .What happens when the money wherever it comes from dries up because its all been pissed away on his latest whim. Probably stamp his foot and disappear as quickly as he appeared.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2726 on: February 11, 2017, 06:03:30 PM »
Hopefully that's the end of 3-5-2 (5-3-2).

what I don't get is that he talked about favouring 4-4-2 and then pays 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 (It's actually more the former with Hutton/Taylor). He's gone ultra conservative when he should encouraging open play and then tightening it up late in games. This is dreadful now and we have completely stifled any attacking intent and sapping the life and confidence out of the players and fans.

Yup, the plan seems to be to try and nick it rather than go for a more open game and score a shed load. Maybe his 3-5-2 could work but that totally depends on him selecting the right players to make it work, something he completely failed again to do today against one of the poorest teams I've seen this season.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2727 on: February 11, 2017, 06:05:09 PM »

I never said he wasn't supporting Bruce and I couldn't care less whether you dislike my posts or not. A few years ago when I was expressing doubts about Lerner I used to hear the same old tut.

Dr X is one of those that thinks if you chuck enough money at the problem it all magically comes good. No evidence of a structured approach .What happens when the money wherever it comes from dries up because its all been pissed away on his latest whim. Probably stamp his foot and disappear as quickly as he appeared.

How do you know how he thinks or what he will do? The man has done exactly what he has said, so far. Give him the benefit of the doubt perhaps?

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #2728 on: February 11, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »
Maybe Bruce himself will realise he doesnt know what he is doing and just walk away. Stranger things have happened.

Offline ldavfc4eva

« Reply #2729 on: February 11, 2017, 06:13:02 PM »
It sounded like we bossed them today so perhaps the formation does work, just stupid mistakes from individuals that are costing us points.

We need to keep going with Bruce and the formation of this is what he thinks is the right thing to do, we need stability.

For me though I don't see why he would switch from a settled 4 at the back just to accomadate Elphick, who has been pretty shite since he came.

4-3-3 should be the formation of choice though (am I contradicting myself here?)

I'd go for

Johnstone

Taylor/amavi
Baker
Chester
BRee/bacuna (why does Hutton still get in the team??)

Jedinak
Hourihane and Lansbury pushed further forward

Kodjia
Adomah

Hogan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal