collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396533 times)

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #2265 on: February 04, 2017, 10:54:59 PM »
We got a washed out Bruce. Need a Wagner type at our club sooner or later.

Wagner is a good shout

apart from opening a new timpsons in rhyl he hasnt had much on since the x factor and could get the bus from pensnett
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:00:13 PM by oswald funkletrumpet »

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #2266 on: February 04, 2017, 10:57:02 PM »
A recording of the phrase 'pass and move' played on repeat at Bodymoor would be more effective than whatever is currently being done.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #2267 on: February 04, 2017, 10:57:48 PM »
And "look up". 

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2268 on: February 04, 2017, 11:10:30 PM »

Wagner is a good shout

apart from opening a new timpsons in rhyl he hasnt had much on since the x factor and could get the bus from pensnett
WTF?

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #2269 on: February 04, 2017, 11:11:02 PM »
Had a massive discussion in the pub earlier.

People claiming Leeds, Hudds, reading etc have had sides built on a shoestring.  I agree but if you had money, would you want better players?  Of course you would.

Would anyone swap our players with any others from the other teams above us?

If not then the buck stops with Bruce.

Next question, how long do we give him?

He has not been convincing thus far.  People claim he is a "lucky" manager.  e all know that luck helps but it takes a lot more as well.

This season is now written off.  Fpr me, Bruce has to at least show signs of a plan - Currently, there is no system, no shape and no continuity,

I was all for Bruce joining but he has delivered next to nothing thus far.  I will re-evaluate my opinion in the summer

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2270 on: February 04, 2017, 11:17:03 PM »
Had a massive discussion in the pub earlier.

People claiming Leeds, Hudds, reading etc have had sides built on a shoestring.  I agree but if you had money, would you want better players?  Of course you would.

Would anyone swap our players with any others from the other teams above us?

If not then the buck stops with Bruce.

Next question, how long do we give him?

He has not been convincing thus far.  People claim he is a "lucky" manager.  e all know that luck helps but it takes a lot more as well.

This season is now written off.  Fpr me, Bruce has to at least show signs of a plan - Currently, there is no system, no shape and no continuity,

I was all for Bruce joining but he has delivered next to nothing thus far.  I will re-evaluate my opinion in the summer

Yeah, season is written off now which is a disgrace given the budget RDM and Bruce have been given. I'm all for more time but so far Bruce, and his coaching team, appear the tactical dinosaurs his critics had him pegged for.

We aren't improving at all. Hourihane as the right central midfielder boils my piss for one. Letting Forest have easy posession from their keeper all game despite having two forwards another huge error

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2271 on: February 04, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »

Wagner is a good shout

WTF?

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #2272 on: February 04, 2017, 11:27:53 PM »
Change the manager now and the new guy will want to spend another 50m to create 'his' team. It's a no from me.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #2273 on: February 04, 2017, 11:30:05 PM »
Spend all that money in January and set up to defend against a team below us in the league whose captain we just signed...he is already in self preservation mode in my eyes

Our style of play is dreadful and we have no ability to control games.This new midfield are all over the place and after binning off one dodgy keeper he has brought in another.Was it that hard to find an experianced keeper ?

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #2274 on: February 04, 2017, 11:32:29 PM »
I've got a cunning plan...we typically get a nice, new manager bounce, that lasts for a few games, so why not just change the manager every time it wears off ? We will be top of the league by May.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2275 on: February 04, 2017, 11:36:35 PM »
Or just for the hell of it, find out what the world record is for number of managers employed by a club in a season and smash it out of site. Fuck being on Sky in the PL, we could be on Record Breakers!

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #2276 on: February 04, 2017, 11:50:28 PM »
Have not read all but last few posts. I think Bruce has been less than average, but lets give him a chance with his own players. Do think that game was there for the taking and we just let them come back into it. Not sure why he allowed that to happen

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2277 on: February 05, 2017, 12:10:53 AM »
What worries me is that I can not for the life of me see us improving by anything like enough to get anywhere near the play offs.

We struggle to play acceptably well with any consistency at all.

To make it worse, Bruce is starting to look distinctly like he's trying any old shit just in case it works.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #2278 on: February 05, 2017, 12:13:33 AM »
We should have bossed that game and that does concern me. There again we were in control until the goalie error and the crowd then got involved. Then we were starting to take control until the pathetic sending off

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2279 on: February 05, 2017, 12:13:35 AM »
As poor as we are now and by god we are damm depressing atm (at a much worse level of opposition than anything we've encountered in the last 5 years) I still think he needs to be properly judged next season.

The signs aren't looking good atm of course but hopefully eventually we can at least finish with a good run which would hint at better things to come.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal