collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396635 times)

Offline TonyD

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #2250 on: February 04, 2017, 10:20:50 PM »
My issue is that we havent had a settled line up, bizarre tactics, no fight and shit fitness

having a well drilled side costs fuck all
Yep.  Rowett for me.

Offline oldham_villa

« Reply #2251 on: February 04, 2017, 10:25:47 PM »
i've been a massive backer of Steve Bruce - i wanted him in the summer.

I have to say that my memories my have been tainted, as he's been awful. I recall seeing Hull beat Sheffield Wed in the playoffs, and the standard of football was shocking. As it happens, on a par with what we are seeing now: just sitting back and then HOOF

I regret to say that it's only a question of time until the axe falls. Tony won't fuck about.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #2252 on: February 04, 2017, 10:26:19 PM »
And  when Rowett doesn't perform a miracle who and when next?  5 managers in 2 years  plus 2 interim head coaches  is not the Villa way

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #2253 on: February 04, 2017, 10:26:28 PM »
With this squad (on paper) we should be dominating games and controlling them. We had 29% possession against a piss poor Forest team. At Brentford we sat off them and let them have the ball, why? Press them and make them worry about us and the players we've spent millions on. As soon as we went 1-0 down at Wolves you knew we'd lost and didn't do a thing to get back into the game; no change in tactics, no high tempo. Preston at home 2-0 up, go for the jugular and kill them off. We came our second half and retreated and gave them hope. His tactics leave a lot to be desired, and his lack of subs are as frustrating as O'Neill.

It's one thing managing Small Heath and Hull, it's another managing Aston Villa. We won't accept going away from home and playing negatively hoping to nick a goal and win 1-0, especially not in this league and not with the money we've spent.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2254 on: February 04, 2017, 10:27:00 PM »
It's way too soon to think about changing the manager, but fcuk me he's pushing his luck with these performances and results. He's been superbly backed by the chairman and up until now has had the support of the fans but if things continue like they are, he'll be up shit creek.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:34:18 PM by Des Little »

Offline supertom

« Reply #2255 on: February 04, 2017, 10:29:28 PM »
Any notion of sacking him is ridiculous. We need to evaluate again in the summer. The rest of the season is all about building for next. Can we start gelling? Can we see a plan in place and a clear footballing style? Can we begin to improve on performances? Can we look well drilled and organised?

Answer yes to most come May then Bruce continues over the summer. Fine tunes the squad with 2-3 signings, and a slicing of dead wood (get rid of cock wombles like McCormack and Gabby).

If things don't improve then it's clear Bruce needs to jog on once the final whistle of the last game blows. Bring in a new man. Full pre-season and then start building again.

As crap as it could possibly get, sacking Bruce during the run-in is pointless. No one will come in worthy of the job, and no one will improve things, and there's also nothing left to salvage. Granted worse case is, we start fighting relegation again. But we'll still scrape by enough from our home form to finish in mid-table.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #2256 on: February 04, 2017, 10:30:04 PM »
My issue is that we havent had a settled line up, bizarre tactics, no fight and shit fitness

having a well drilled side costs fuck all
Yep.  Rowett for me.

Motivate what you have, instill some self belief and pride, get them doing the basics over and over again, stick to a solid formation, get them fit and running their bollocks off

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #2257 on: February 04, 2017, 10:33:20 PM »
I think fitness is a good point. Who is our fitness coach? Our pressing is non existent and we struggle to play at a high tempo for more than five minutes.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #2258 on: February 04, 2017, 10:37:16 PM »
This squad should be top 3.   Instead we get worse.  The players simply don't know what system they are supposed to be playing. It's so amateurish it's embarrassing.   And that's the managers fault.  Rowett would fix this. 

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #2259 on: February 04, 2017, 10:38:56 PM »
I think i trust our fitness team as much as i would harold shipman to give my nan her flu jab

fuck me gabby put on two stone mid season with no one noticing and mcfatso being blatently unfit this season

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2260 on: February 04, 2017, 10:40:08 PM »
Change tactics - check
Change manager - check check check check check check
Change coaches - check check check check check
Change owner - check
Invest in infrastructure - check
Spend way more money than other teams at our level - check check
Get rid of bad players - check check check check check check check check
Get in proven good players - check check check check check
Replace entire squad -check check

Results - Same ALWAYS THE DAMN SAME.

What on earth is it going to take???
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:44:09 PM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #2261 on: February 04, 2017, 10:45:04 PM »
This squad should be top 3.   Instead we get worse.  The players simply don't know what system they are supposed to be playing. It's so amateurish it's embarrassing.   And that's the managers fault.  Rowett would fix this. 

Will he? I doubt it. For some reason managers and players are under the impression they can rock up at Villa Park and make zero effort. It also appears we have a self fulfilling prophecy to find a way to lose every game.
We're going to be in a relegation battle make no mistake.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2262 on: February 04, 2017, 10:46:38 PM »
We got a washed out Bruce. Need a Wagner type at our club sooner or later.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2263 on: February 04, 2017, 10:47:29 PM »
We got a washed out Bruce. Need a Wagner type at our club sooner or later.

Wagner would be music to my ears.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2264 on: February 04, 2017, 10:47:43 PM »
I dont think he will see out the month

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal