collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396482 times)

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #2025 on: February 01, 2017, 08:13:56 AM »
Lets face it we are re-building for next season. Too many new players to integrate last night

Offline myf

« Reply #2026 on: February 01, 2017, 08:18:20 AM »
Bruce certainly scraping the egg off his face this morning. Big pressure on him now to show some proper signs of progress.  If it doesn't work out I genuinely think this club is destined to be the next Portsmouth/Leeds. We just seem to be a basket case.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2027 on: February 01, 2017, 08:19:51 AM »
We haven't got the balance right all season. From a midfield incapable of creating because there wasn't the quality to do so, to a midfield so open they couldn't retrieve the ball.or shield the back four.

We've a lot of very good players for this level. Identify a system for how we play at home and away and let them get their eye in.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #2028 on: February 01, 2017, 08:28:57 AM »
We haven't got the balance right all season. From a midfield incapable of creating because there wasn't the quality to do so, to a midfield so open they couldn't retrieve the ball.or shield the back four.

We've a lot of very good players for this level. Identify a system for how we play at home and away and let them get their eye in.

I agree with all of that but would add that it needs to happen fairly quickly, much more of the ineptitude they displayed last night will make everyone restless.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2029 on: February 01, 2017, 09:05:53 AM »
After some thought and a clear head I am thinking if Jedinak had played as the holding midfielder the outcome may have been different as it was we had three midfielders all attack minded who didn't track the opposition players.

They didn't do any attacking either.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2030 on: February 01, 2017, 09:14:17 AM »
we blamed RDM for a rubbish start and most people thought he should go because of the ineptitude of the team,
I don't know what his stats were but Bruce cant be a long way in front and with more games under his belt

I don't see any improvement at all since he came, not even 1% if i'm honest
even the games we have won we weren't very good, 'but hey we would have lost that before' comments made us think better times ahead, only to find out exactly the same times were ahead

i have not seen one not one decent performance under him as yet, which is a pretty ridiculous state of affairs

i read yesterday on here someone saying that if Bruce had been in charge from the start we would be comfortably in the top two,
i honestly do not see any evidence whatsoever for that sort of statement its almost Trump standard sycophantic stuff, when all the evidence points one way but you choose to believe the alternative facts

i don't know what the answer is, but its not Steve Bruce

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2031 on: February 01, 2017, 09:15:33 AM »
well thanks for that glass of cold water in the face.

sobering.

Offline Ads

« Reply #2032 on: February 01, 2017, 09:17:02 AM »
That argument is couched on having the better quality midfielders in July and August rather than playing their first games at the back end of January.

I think we'd be top six if he'd have been here since June. The players would be more settled.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2033 on: February 01, 2017, 09:20:58 AM »
Agree Ads. With the summer to work with them i think we would be top 6. We have had a poor month, but can get back on track quite quickly i reckon. A win will do us the world of good.

Offline Ads

« Reply #2034 on: February 01, 2017, 09:24:31 AM »
He's stated that he's had to adopt a style of play because we didn't have the pace or players to play 442 that he wants.

He's essentially had to rip it up and start again and parachuted a midfield in.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #2035 on: February 01, 2017, 09:30:04 AM »
Surely he has to be given the summer, when he can maybe bring in just 2 or 3 players to hopefully take us up another level together with a full pre-season, and then have till xmas to show that they are capable of being in the mix for promotion.  If this is not the case then I think Dr X will pull the trigger.  As others have said last night we did not have a natural defensive midfielder on the pitch, just 3 brand new players all trying to sort their own way out.

Offline Ads

« Reply #2036 on: February 01, 2017, 09:33:17 AM »
Of course he needs the summer. We need to move away from being in a state of perpetual flux.

Offline john e

« Reply #2037 on: February 01, 2017, 10:16:04 AM »
Of course he needs the summer. We need to move away from being in a state of perpetual flux.

we need to move away from throwing good money after bad with managers who don't have the technical capacity to have a game plan or change things on the pitch other than just buying the best players in that particular league and hoping it comes right in the end

we need to move away from the most abject and shit performances week after week and then making a ton of excuses as to why it happened and believing the manager is still great

we need to move away from 'hes done it before (promotion) that means he will do it again' mentality when half the other managers in that league have also done it most of them we wouldn't touch with a messy stick

we need to move away from defending a failing manager who is not good enough to get us out of this mire, good bloke as well he may be but ultimately will leave us worse off from when he found us

just my opinion obviously

Offline Ads

« Reply #2038 on: February 01, 2017, 10:18:48 AM »

we need to move away from throwing good money after bad with managers who don't have the technical capacity to have a game plan or change things on the pitch other than just buying the best players in that particular league and hoping it comes right in the end

we need to move away from the most abject and shit performances week after week and then making a ton of excuses as to why it happened and believing the manager is still great

we need to move away from 'hes done it before (promotion) that means he will do it again' mentality when half the other managers in that league have also done it most of them we wouldn't touch with a messy stick

we need to move away from defending a failing manager who is not good enough to get us out of this mire, good bloke as well he may be but ultimately will leave us worse off from when he found us

Why would you discount his record? That makes no sense.

A manager who has promoted 4 clubs and one as recently as May 2016 has the exact credentials we need. If not him, then who exactly?

And failing? Really? After 20 games with somebody else's players?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:21:13 AM by Ads »

Offline john e

« Reply #2039 on: February 01, 2017, 10:22:33 AM »

Why would you discount his record? That makes no sense.

A manager who has promoted 4 clubs and one as recently as May 2016 has the exact credentials we need. If not him, then who exactly?

And failing? Really?

if you think he's doing well and not failing since he came then I cant argue with you,
 we obviously have different understandings of the words

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal