collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 397145 times)

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1995 on: January 31, 2017, 11:47:42 PM »
The rest of this season and the whole of next is a mind numbing thought to be honest. He's shown no signs that he knows how to take us forward.

Did you read Amfy's excellent account of her meeting with him at BH the other day? Plenty of signs there that he knows what's required. Whether he can put it in place is another matter, but it'll probably take more than one  game with his new signings to find out.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1996 on: January 31, 2017, 11:49:55 PM »
For me the season is over as we're not going up or down. So now it's up to Bruce to get us ready to smash this division next season. That means get them organised and most of all get us playing football as a team.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1997 on: January 31, 2017, 11:50:44 PM »
The rest of this season and the whole of next is a mind numbing thought to be honest. He's shown no signs that he knows how to take us forward.

Did you read Amfy's excellent account of her meeting with him at BH the other day? Plenty of signs there that he knows what's required. Whether he can put it in place is another matter, but it'll probably take more than one  game with his new signings to find out.

No i didn't, the only signs I've seen are of 5 identical away performances were by we haven't looked remotely like scoring.

He speaks a great game after each defeat but shows no signs of knowing how to change them.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:52:44 PM by LukeJames »

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1998 on: January 31, 2017, 11:53:44 PM »

No i didn't, the only signs I've seen are of 5 identical away performances were by we haven't looked remotely like scoring.
Before tonight it's a team built by 4 other managers. Tonight was a mess granted, but with so many new faces I can let it go.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #1999 on: January 31, 2017, 11:56:24 PM »
Got to give him time now.  He has a proven track record at this level so stability and patience are key. 

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #2000 on: January 31, 2017, 11:58:18 PM »

He speaks a great game after each defeat but shows no signs of knowing how to change them.

It's on the Fans Forum thread. You should read it.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2001 on: February 01, 2017, 12:00:34 AM »
Got to give him time now.  He has a proven track record at this level so stability and patience are key. 

I do take your point, but we have a proven track record of being a total basket case of a club that chews up decent or promising managers and excretes them into the football portaloo.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2002 on: February 01, 2017, 12:02:35 AM »
I like a lot of what he says, and he seems to see all the problems we mention on here. But then he waits until we're 3-0 down and there's 15 mins left before making a change which is quite frankly, shit from a manager.

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #2003 on: February 01, 2017, 12:04:06 AM »
He can be as nice as he fucking likes - what worries me is his game management

We could all see his starting 11 wasn't working - but he didn't make a change until after their third went in .

Hopeless

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2004 on: February 01, 2017, 12:04:24 AM »
Massively disappointed tonight. But he has to now use the rest of the season to fix this. It takes more than just adding more players or changing managers. We need to now settle down and get to a point of playing a certain way. He's not had that chance so it's not entirely shocking that tonight was bad. The team are strangers in many ways. It will get better.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2005 on: February 01, 2017, 12:06:09 AM »

It's on the Fans Forum thread. You should read it.

I imagine its an intriguing read were by he says all the right things, as he does in his post match interviews, I want to see it on the pitch though and unfortunately I've see next to  nothing to suggest that he can back the words up.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2006 on: February 01, 2017, 12:16:32 AM »
Well Brucey boy. 4-3-3 clearly doesn't and hasn't worked for us for years. Please can it now. Don't play Houlahane out of position. Drop Hutton and Amavi, they're shit. Hutton is passable in a poor side, Amavi couldn't give a fuck, he's all over the place. Sort it out, tonight was a mess, looked like the team had been prepared by a child after they'd all been out on the piss. 10 minute high then the downer hit and they all jogged around like they were hung over.

Up there with any of the crap performances we've shat out since 2010.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2007 on: February 01, 2017, 01:13:52 AM »
I think it's slightly surprising to hear Villa fans complain about Bruce when I think we all knew before he joined us, he's "not a fan of tactics". Of course we expected at least the players would run through walls for him, maybe that will still happen but it needs to happen big time between tomorrow and the end of the season.

Nobody with less than half a brain ever imagined the Villa job isn't a big one. It really depends how hard you want to make it. Bruce, nice chap that he is, is maybe a repeat of what has gone previously. Maybe football has overtaken his hardwork alone ethic. I never wanted Moyes, nor RDM and was certainly not sold on the 'perfect fit' with Bruce. Let's hope he can at least keep us competitive until the end of the season and then we can look at the real options out there. Hopefully it won't be up for discussion.

I was a big fan of Wagner after RDM but there was no real chance he would leave Hudders mid-season. The summer could be the right time to make a new approach as I fear this season is over. Still, it could be worse, we could have Moyes in charge. Like Trump and Farage, he certainly had his fans.

2017 and we still have to discuss moving on into the 21st Century.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 02:44:10 AM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #2008 on: February 01, 2017, 05:47:52 AM »
After some thought and a clear head I am thinking if Jedinak had played as the holding midfielder the outcome may have been different as it was we had three midfielders all attack minded who didn't track the opposition players.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2009 on: February 01, 2017, 06:10:43 AM »
Bruce had Lansbury and the SonSon in the wrong positions, in my opinion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal