collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396554 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1845 on: January 21, 2017, 08:11:20 PM »
SB really screwed up today.
Big time.

Which has become a regular theme unfortunately.
Welcome to Villa, please leave your brain at the door...and any talent you happened to bring with you??

Offline achilles

« Reply #1846 on: January 21, 2017, 08:13:10 PM »
Bruce could and should have done something after 10 minutes of the second half when we just sat deep and allowed Preston to attack us.
It was bloody obvious what was going to happen, why change a brilliant first half unless Bruce doesn't believe that the players can sustain that performance for 90 minutes (i.e. unfit)!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1847 on: January 21, 2017, 08:23:29 PM »
No manager is perfect...Guardiola is making some odd calls at Man. City as an example.

I'm disappointed we've fallen away since xmas but SB knows this division inside out. Next season we have to be there and challenging for automatic promotion, not just top 6.

I felt this year was just a free hit considering our league position when he pitched up.

I think the owner agrees.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #1848 on: January 21, 2017, 08:24:45 PM »
Yes, I think you have nailed it right there. He KNOWS they are not fit enough and has now opened up about the condition Ross McCormack presents himself in....when he bothers to turn up to training.

I told you there's more behind this RMcC situation than we know about [yet]

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1849 on: January 21, 2017, 08:53:49 PM »
He clearly won't accept what previous clowns in charge have let go.

We've got the right man at the right time. It's not gonna happen this season but I genuinely think we'll be ok next season.

It makes you wonder what the fuck these leeches have got away with over the years of Lambert,Sherwood, Garde and RDM of course.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1850 on: January 21, 2017, 09:33:26 PM »
What they have got away with is treating Aston Villa as a holiday camp.  Despite a reasonable performance from Gabby today he is still a stone and a half overweight.  He still has the physique of Captain Mainwaring.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1851 on: January 21, 2017, 09:37:22 PM »
All credit to Bruce - we've been crying out for this strong management since the days of the legend that we paid tribute to today. Let's hope the days of piss taking and using the club as a cash point without giving anything in return are over.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1852 on: January 21, 2017, 09:40:54 PM »
He clearly won't accept what previous clowns in charge have let go.

We've got the right man at the right time. It's not gonna happen this season but I genuinely think we'll be ok next season.

It makes you wonder what the fuck these leeches have got away with over the years of Lambert,Sherwood, Garde and RDM of course.

Leech no.1 is still sucking us dry and, as Mr Green points out, he' still overweight despite working hard (supposedly).

Still, he played OK first half. So that should ensure another 10-15 games plus appearance bonuses.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #1853 on: January 21, 2017, 10:46:03 PM »
Ive never been Bruces biggest fan by a long way, but Im coming round to thinking he knows what needs to be done at this hell hole and am 100% behind him, for this season at least.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #1854 on: January 21, 2017, 10:59:36 PM »
The Aston Villa Soft Play Centre just got a little harder.

Online oldhill_avfc

« Reply #1855 on: January 21, 2017, 11:13:44 PM »
Bruce could and should have done something after 10 minutes of the second half when we just sat deep and allowed Preston to attack us.
It was bloody obvious what was going to happen, why change a brilliant first half unless Bruce doesn't believe that the players can sustain that performance for 90 minutes (i.e. unfit)!

Do you think we intentionally sat back - or did they take control when Lansbury tired?

For the record, in his interview Bruce's said the latter.

Online oldhill_avfc

« Reply #1856 on: January 21, 2017, 11:15:40 PM »
What they have got away with is treating Aston Villa as a holiday camp.  Despite a reasonable performance from Gabby today he is still a stone and a half overweight.  He still has the physique of Captain Mainwaring.

Bruce did say he's got a long way to go - but he is improving, and with the McCormack situation maybe Bruce is right for trying to get something out of Gabby.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1857 on: January 21, 2017, 11:27:59 PM »

Do you think we intentionally sat back - or did they take control when Lansbury tired?

I'm not sure it matters, either way we got too deep, again, and threw away 2 points.  If Bruce told them to drop deeper or if he built the performance around a guy who was going to struggle to last much over an hour either way he fucked up.

There's positives from today because we got a good half for the first time in a while but today we got the sort of game that we got under rdm, started well, created lots of chances but left the door open.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1858 on: January 21, 2017, 11:35:50 PM »
Why can't someone play for 90 minutes if they've been out for a few weeks? Hasn't he had a bloody good rest?

Online oldhill_avfc

« Reply #1859 on: January 22, 2017, 12:12:37 AM »

I'm not sure it matters, either way we got too deep, again, and threw away 2 points.  If Bruce told them to drop deeper or if he built the performance around a guy who was going to struggle to last much over an hour either way he fucked up.

There's positives from today because we got a good half for the first time in a while but today we got the sort of game that we got under rdm, started well, created lots of chances but left the door open.

It does matter.  If it was tactical to sit deep then Bruce has to take the blame.  Whereas, if it was down to Lansbury tiring then I feel he didn't have much choice. 

I don't think he was 'building a performance around him' as much as hoping he's stay the pace for a bit longer - out of his alternatives, Jedinak was injured, Bacuna, Gardner and Westwood are hopeless. 

What would you have wanted him to do?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal