collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396598 times)

Online N'ZMAV

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1830 on: January 19, 2017, 12:01:42 PM »
He deserves a transfer window before anyone judges him. We've got no striker, a very weak central midfield, an overall imbalanced squad and a mentality of losing running throughout.

And re. the Monk comparison, Monk had a Summer to rebuild and was close to the sack around September/October time before turning it around.

I'm slightly concerned at the agreement to sell Gestede, with knowing Ayew and Kodjia were unavailable, McCormack out of form, favour and shape and Gabby being well past his best and not able to score in a brothel. Slightly short sighted management in my opinion.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1831 on: January 19, 2017, 12:07:46 PM »
It baffles me how Bruce can genuinely believe that Abgonlahor has anything to offer at all.  He's been utter shit for 5 whole years - his record screams this, and his attitude is equally as bad.  Amazing...and not in a good way.

Online oldhill_avfc

« Reply #1832 on: January 19, 2017, 12:10:36 PM »
I am not suggesting he is sacked - far from it

My point was I would have expected better than what we have. It seems the initial momentum we had has started to go backwards and the tactics are becoming harder to fathom and the performances more and more negative and dire to watch

Only a Manager can change that - its not just about spunking another 30 - 40 million on new players.

If we could see what his strategy / formation of playing was then we then could all focus on the players he buys to fit into it - at present its all over the shop

Surely you have to combine your tactics with what's available?  RDM had a clear strategy - using all the forwards he'd brought in at the same time - and that was in danger of getting us relegated.

Moving forward, why would you define and fix your future tactics now, based on the current players, when (presumably) Bruce sees most of the mas not fit for purpose. 

One would hope that he has in mind a preferred style of play, but will this will evolve based on who's available - now and in the summer.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:48:24 PM by oldhill_avfc »

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #1833 on: January 19, 2017, 12:24:39 PM »
From what I have heard Bruce believes this squad requires major surgery. That will require more than one transfer window and pretty clearly will mean we are highly unlikely to feature in the play offs.

Safety this season is the main priority.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1834 on: January 19, 2017, 12:41:06 PM »
From what I have heard Bruce believes this squad requires major surgery. That will require more than one transfer window and pretty clearly will mean we are highly unlikely to feature in the play offs.

who have you heard this from please?

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #1835 on: January 19, 2017, 12:47:21 PM »

Bruce pretty much expressed this view in his post-match comments against Wolves. (That's how I read it anyway).

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1836 on: January 19, 2017, 01:17:44 PM »

Bruce pretty much expressed this view in his post-match comments against Wolves. (That's how I read it anyway).

Then if that is the message he has relayed to Dr Tony  then I hope he does not waste too much money on players now. I agree with other poster, ensure safety and then blood as many players as possible to sort out the shit in readiness for a proper go next season

AND DON'T PLAY GABBY

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1837 on: January 19, 2017, 01:21:59 PM »
It baffles me how Bruce can genuinely believe that Abgonlahor has anything to offer at all.  He's been utter shit for 5 whole years - his record screams this, and his attitude is equally as bad.  Amazing...and not in a good way.

All sportsmen have to have a massive self belief and think they can achieve results even in the face of all evidence and data to the contrary, Bruce thinks he can get him to play where others have failed. Its the only explanation, well that or him being mad.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #1838 on: January 19, 2017, 01:39:47 PM »
I am not suggesting he is sacked - far from it

My point was I would have expected better than what we have. It seems the initial momentum we had has started to go backwards and the tactics are becoming harder to fathom and the performances more and more negative and dire to watch

Only a Manager can change that - its not just about spunking another 30 - 40 million on new players.

If we could see what his strategy / formation of playing was then we then could all focus on the players he buys to fit into it - at present its all over the shop

I agree the honeymoon period is over, but his hands are tied with some of them. He's putting out 4 or 5 most weeks who aren't fit to wear the shirt (literally). He has made us more difficult to beat. And I think it's an impossible job unless money is spent, our forwards are terrible* and just as Rushian was about to be given a run the contract fall-out happened.

I realise that's just my opinion, but Gabby and Ross are so far off the speed it's laughable.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:41:31 PM by JJ-AV »

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1839 on: January 21, 2017, 04:56:21 PM »
Bruce ! This match was won at half time !

Offline ez

« Reply #1840 on: January 21, 2017, 05:01:42 PM »

Statement of the obvious.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1841 on: January 21, 2017, 07:59:38 PM »
https://twitter.com/ReeceJones98_/status/822762154008911873/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Bruce apparently pictured in full training kit, in a kebab shop after training. ha ha. Picking up Ross's dinner before the home visit?

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1842 on: January 21, 2017, 08:08:16 PM »
SB really screwed up today.
Big time.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1843 on: January 21, 2017, 08:10:14 PM »
Big time.

Which has become a regular theme unfortunately.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1844 on: January 21, 2017, 08:10:40 PM »
Big time.
Yeah he opted for burger sauce, when the chilli sauce would have been better.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal