collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396929 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1755 on: January 15, 2017, 12:35:33 PM »
The what happens next to Gabby is a question that will answer itself.  He will either do a N'Zogbia and sit out his contract (or accept a lump sum payment in lieu) or he will go elsewhere.  It is like the old joke about the lost city gent from his Jaguar asking the country bumpkin for directions.  The bumpkin says If I was you sir, I wouldn't be starting from here.

Gabby should not be sitting on a long contract on astronomical wages but he is.

My hope but not expectation is that there is so much hot money washing around China that our owner might find him a home there.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1756 on: January 15, 2017, 01:16:23 PM »
I really hope some of those deals Tony tweeted about come to fruition because sooner or later the team's lack of quality is going to enforce a change to the thread title:

Steve Bruce: officially concerned.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1757 on: January 15, 2017, 01:20:58 PM »
I'll be honest, much as I like Steve Bruce I don't think he's the man to make us one of the top 5 clubs in the world in the next 5 years.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1758 on: January 15, 2017, 01:25:30 PM »
Behave Chris! All we need is a new team and he'll be having a Rioja with Zidane after our Quarter Final at the Bernabeu.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #1759 on: January 15, 2017, 01:36:40 PM »
Picking Gabby again is very worrying.   We put these managers on a pedestal but they are mostly charlatans on the money gravy train.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #1760 on: January 15, 2017, 03:04:26 PM »
Afternoon.
Agbonlahor is SB's only option really. The best=worst option. We have No Kodjia, No Ayew, No Gestede, No Kozak and a kid from non-league Biggleswade (Davis) as the understudy. What the hell would you do ? Play an Ex-England international or do without ? yeah, I know the nay-sayers would say " do without " but he has to be seen to be utilising resources the best he can in order to prove to Wyness and Dr X that he really has NO resources worth playing, doesn't he ?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1761 on: January 15, 2017, 03:09:44 PM »
I wrote to the club about a teenage striker who is averaging 1.2 goals a non league game but to date have received no reply.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1762 on: January 15, 2017, 03:11:09 PM »
Afternoon.
Agbonlahor is SB's only option really. The best=worst option. We have No Kodjia, No Ayew, No Gestede, No Kozak and a kid from non-league Biggleswade (Davis) as the understudy. What the hell would you do ? Play an Ex-England international or do without ? yeah, I know the nay-sayers would say " do without " but he has to be seen to be utilising resources the best he can in order to prove to Wyness and Dr X that he really has NO resources worth playing, doesn't he ?

so what happened all the times he had all those options and still started with Gabby and left them all sitting on the bench ?

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #1763 on: January 15, 2017, 03:16:35 PM »
Like I said, it is about Steve Bruce proving his case that he needs better resources, as can clearly be seen by all. Especially those like Wyness and Little etc, to inform Dr X.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1764 on: January 15, 2017, 03:48:56 PM »
So you're saying the decided to pick a weaker team than he needed to as proof that the squad isn't strong enough?  If that were true then all it would really show is that Bruce is a massive twat, thankfully it's nonsense, he clearly thinks he can get Agbonlahor back to the 10-12 a season striker he was 6-7 years ago.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1765 on: January 15, 2017, 04:47:21 PM »
I think Steve Bruce's new manager bounce has worn off. We've not yet played convincingly under him but those early games saw a little luck go our way and a little bit of quality winning it for us. Trouble is, with every new manager you get 10 games in and at that point you need your best team and game plan pretty much laid out.
Granted he's got Kodjia's absence to deal with and a dire, dire need for new recruits in midfield, but on the pitch there can be no excuses. Some of his decision making has been baffling. I also think letting Rudy go before signing a replacement was foolish. Lets face it, our central midfield doesn't exist. It's not fucking there. So we'd have been better off playing the 'leather the bastard ball up to the treetrunk' tactic instead in Kodjias absence. That would be more effective than playing desperately hopeful balls up to two woefully unfit charlatans up front in McCormack and the absolute toilet monster of our club, Gabby.

Steve Bruce is billed as the man to get you out of this division, but he's got to start delivering. For starters, a side that looks organised and like it knows what it's doing is a pre-requisite. This season is gone. It's all about getting momentum going and taking that through into next season. But unless Bruce improves his game plan, we won't go up then either. You cannot make mistakes over and over in this business.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1766 on: January 15, 2017, 08:58:38 PM »
I'll be honest, much as I like Steve Bruce I don't think he's the man to make us one of the top 5 clubs in the world in the next 5 years.
You don't say!

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1767 on: January 15, 2017, 09:43:14 PM »
When Bruce came in did we change the fitness coach?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1768 on: January 15, 2017, 09:45:25 PM »
Amazed he had not gone 3 5 2. It wold su it our players way more.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1769 on: January 15, 2017, 10:17:54 PM »
Amazed he had not gone 3 5 2. It wold su it our players way more.

We are struggling to keep 3 central defenders fit, let alone having ones with the necessary pace to play the system.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal