collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396607 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1560 on: January 03, 2017, 01:46:01 PM »
My patience has run out. Bruce out.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1561 on: January 03, 2017, 01:53:42 PM »
He has done enough to be allowed to stay but he needs to get a fucking grip and make some courageous team selections. Ones without Driftwood for a start.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1562 on: January 03, 2017, 02:19:06 PM »
I would tell you to FO now but who else is there?

Because what we really need is to sack another manager after three months.

Even if they're yet again clueless? Look at the time we gave Lambert. Let's hope Bruce can quickly prove to be as good a manager as his post-match press conferences. He's a lovely chap, says all the right things but right now his team stinks.

It's not his team though. It's a horrible amalgamation of players left here from previous managers.

That's pretty much the same for every new manager especially outside the PL. Maybe being spoiled for choice with attackers has confused him. He's (generally) got the team working harder but they seem clueless with the ball. How difficult can it be to tell Westwood to stop being a lazy arse with his negative, easy passes sideways or back and actually try moving the ball forward or tell Ayew to stop slowing everything down and look for an early pass? We really are struggling with the basics and the blame can not only be with the players. They need instruction and purpose as until they get it we will continue to drop points against poor teams.

I wish Bruce well as he seems a very honest and decent chap but as BE says above, he needs to get a fuckin' grip.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1563 on: January 03, 2017, 02:45:08 PM »
I would tell you to FO now but who else is there?

Because what we really need is to sack another manager after three months.

Even if they're yet again clueless? Look at the time we gave Lambert. Let's hope Bruce can quickly prove to be as good a manager as his post-match press conferences. He's a lovely chap, says all the right things but right now his team stinks.

It's not his team though. It's a horrible amalgamation of players left here from previous managers.

That's pretty much the same for every new manager especially outside the PL. Maybe being spoiled for choice with attackers has confused him. He's (generally) got the team working harder but they seem clueless with the ball. How difficult can it be to tell Westwood to stop being a lazy arse with his negative, easy passes sideways or back and actually try moving the ball forward or tell Ayew to stop slowing everything down and look for an early pass? We really are struggling with the basics and the blame can not only be with the players. They need instruction and purpose as until they get it we will continue to drop points against poor teams.

I wish Bruce well as he seems a very honest and decent chap but as BE says above, he needs to get a fuckin' grip.

Agreed, if we start showing signs of working on the problems in training I'll be much happier.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1564 on: January 03, 2017, 03:01:45 PM »

Roberto di Matteo 0.9 points per game. Steve Bruce 1.8 points per game. Considering how bad you keep saying him and the players are, what's that down to - divine intervention? I'd call it getting a fuckin' grip.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1565 on: January 03, 2017, 03:04:42 PM »
Calling for Bruce's head is madness. You can make a legitimate argument that there are aspects that he could and should have got better. But given his starting point he's done just fine. The weekend was very poor and it will prompt action by him and the board. But if we don't go up this season (which I don't think is altogether a bad thing) then with Bruce we will next. It's going to take a lot more than a few weeks to fix 6 years of decay and decline.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1566 on: January 03, 2017, 03:07:14 PM »
all the shit managers we have had before have been playing against other Prem teams
we are judging Bruces results against theres but we are now playing Burton Albion, Rotherham, Huddersfield etc
we should be getting better results against these teams, Sherwood, Garde, would have done better as well

There is no logic behind that argument whatsoever. Surely the best comparison is the one with the man who signed and previously managed these players, not those who managed different players in a different league.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1567 on: January 03, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »
If Westwood starts at Spurs, I think I'll start following speed skating.

Who in their right mind gives a four year contract to Gardner?

The only positive of yesterday is that those two shitty fucks have been shown up and their crapness fully highlighted. I hope they're sat at home reading Twitter and fucking squirming. I despise seeing them wearing our shirt and shall not support either.

Bruce has done well so far, results-wise. Football hasn't been superb, but it's been effective, and anyway, I think it's near on impossible to play great football in the Championship. Points are what matter most at the moment.

Bunn, Hutton, Westwood, Gardner, Agbonlahor, Elphick, and Bacuna need to join Gestede in the outbox. All crap, some ability wise, some attitude wise. Get rid. None would be missed.

Special bile reserved for Bruce both playing and praising that rolly polly twat Agbonlahor. No. Out. Those chanting his name should be embarrassed. Short memories.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:16:38 PM by Axl Rose »

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1568 on: January 03, 2017, 03:11:05 PM »

Sherwood, Garde, would have done better as well

I know you never wanted Bruce but that is a ludicrous thing to say.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #1569 on: January 03, 2017, 03:21:24 PM »
What on earth do some people expect? Have they forgotten the mess we were in? We were like a building that had a massive bomb dropped directly on it. You don't just start building another one. We haven't even cleared away the rubble yet.

Frankly, anyone who thought we'd be promoted this season just hasn't understood what happened to this club. Bruce's record is better than any of our last five managers. It will take time, but let him do his job for Christ's sake.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #1570 on: January 03, 2017, 03:27:22 PM »

Roberto di Matteo 0.9 points per game. Steve Bruce 1.8 points per game. Considering how bad you keep saying him and the players are, what's that down to - divine intervention? I'd call it getting a fuckin' grip.

It depends how low you want to set the benchmark. If RDM and last season's record are yours then help yourself. My criticism of Bruce has largely been at a lack of an attacking plan. I've also praised him on numerous occasions for getting the players working harder, something that has seen us resurrect games in the last ten minutes and get points. Divine intervention? Hardly.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1571 on: January 03, 2017, 03:32:38 PM »

Sherwood, Garde, would have done better as well

I know you never wanted Bruce but that is a ludicrous thing to say.

I didn't mean better than Bruce, that I don't know
But better results against lower opposition is what I meant

I'm not calling for Bruce's head as like you rightly say I never wanted him in the first place
but he's what we have and I want success for Villa I don't think he will bring it but I still want it.
it's very similar to when Mcliesh took over for me, I never wanted him either but I always wanted Villa to win

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1572 on: January 03, 2017, 03:46:14 PM »

It depends how low you want to set the benchmark. If RDM and last season's record are yours then help yourself. My criticism of Bruce has largely been at a lack of an attacking plan. I've also praised him on numerous occasions for getting the players working harder, something that has seen us resurrect games in the last ten minutes and get points. Divine intervention? Hardly.

Here we go - we haven't had this one for a bit; the good old "My standards are higher than yours" line. You carry on moaning until another Ron Saunders comes around. The rest of us will make do with reality.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #1573 on: January 03, 2017, 03:50:11 PM »

Here we go - we haven't had this one for a bit; the good old "My standards are higher than yours" line. You carry on moaning until another Ron Saunders comes around. The rest of us will make do with reality.

Yawn.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1574 on: January 03, 2017, 04:09:17 PM »
What on earth do some people expect? Have they forgotten the mess we were in? We were like a building that had a massive bomb dropped directly on it. You don't just start building another one. We haven't even cleared away the rubble yet.

Frankly, anyone who thought we'd be promoted this season just hasn't understood what happened to this club. Bruce's record is better than any of our last five managers. It will take time, but let him do his job for Christ's sake.

Once again, I expect the team to look like they've trained together.

Bruce has done well so far, results-wise. Football hasn't been superb, but it's been effective, and anyway, I think it's near on impossible to play great football in the Championship. Points are what matter most at the moment.

It's not about great football, it's about giving yourself the best chance to get points.  I honestly don't believe Bruce has done that with the tactics and selections in the last 6-7 matches.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

We're 12th on the form table from the last 6 games, that's going backwards from when he came in, that's my concern.  Yes he's doing better than RDM but after the new manager bounce we've reverted back to being a midtable championship team.  Some of you are ready to accept that and take another season in this league, and that's ok, I understand that view but I'd rather we try everything to at least make the playoffs, not because I'm worried about parachute payments or because I think the teams that come down will be too good for us, but because I don't want to accept that a team that has the resources we do can't make it into the top 6 of the championship.  I still think Bruce will get us there but he needs to take a good look at how we've played in December and use both the window and the training ground to ensure we're much better than we have been.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal