collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 397262 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1545 on: January 02, 2017, 11:08:53 PM »
To be fair Rudy, Bruce has to deal the cards he has, even if many of them are the joker. He needs this and the summer window to prove his worth. I honestly don't think Bruce is a busted flush just yet. At least he took some action today and didn't stand there staring.  Taking the chuckle brothers off at half time is more than Remi or RDM would have done! Let's hope the Doc backs him financially eh?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1546 on: January 02, 2017, 11:10:40 PM »
If we wait a couple of weeks we might be able to get Zola.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1547 on: January 02, 2017, 11:18:20 PM »
My worry is Bruce has no tactical plan. Another MON that needs money to keep things moving. Watching the goals tonight from the bloody Championship was extremely depressing. I'm struggling to remember when we scored a goal from open play despite having so many 20 goal a season strikers in our team.

I'm not writing him off just yet but bloody hell, if Monk can put together a team with a bunch of misfits and kids from Leeds youth, why can't we at least string a couple of passes together and look like we care? Huddersfield spent £2m in the summer. I said at the end of last season that Newcastle should be our benchmark - two fcuked up teams with players that didn't give a shit.

The good news is we still have half the season to go.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1548 on: January 02, 2017, 11:23:09 PM »
I would tell you to FO now but who else is there?

Because what we really need is to sack another manager after three months.

Even if they're yet again clueless? Look at the time we gave Lambert. Let's hope Bruce can quickly prove to be as good a manager as his post-match press conferences. He's a lovely chap, says all the right things but right now his team stinks.

It's not his team though. It's a horrible amalgamation of players left here from previous managers.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1549 on: January 02, 2017, 11:25:46 PM »
My worry is Bruce has no tactical plan. Another MON that needs money to keep things moving. Watching the goals tonight from the bloody Championship was extremely depressing. I'm struggling to remember when we scored a goal from open play despite having so many 20 goal a season strikers in our team.

I'm not writing him off just yet but bloody hell, if Monk can put together a team with a bunch of misfits and kids from Leeds youth, why can't we at least string a couple of passes together and look like we care? Huddersfield spent £2m in the summer. I said at the end of last season that Newcastle should be our benchmark - two fcuked up teams with players that didn't give a shit.

The good news is we still have half the season to go.

We scored two goals from open play exactly a week ago.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1550 on: January 03, 2017, 12:36:26 AM »
I agree with Kippax. That said, the Doc now needs to show Bruce that he has faith and trust in him by supporting him in the transfer window.

We spent 50m not too long ago, chairman Xia has to be wondering where has that money gone. McCormack for one looks a fat flop.
Cash in on Gestede and Ayew and let Bruce spend that money in Jan I reckon.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1551 on: January 03, 2017, 09:03:25 AM »
I worry that Bruce, is going the way of previous managers at our club, when you start to praise Gabby then you know things are not going well

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1552 on: January 03, 2017, 09:23:39 AM »
In relation to Rudy being sold Bruce said:

Bruce added: "I've got six centre forwards and I've got to maybe sell one to buy in a midfield player or another defender."

Now I can't for the life of me think of six centre forwards Villa have?
I have come up with these but it is saying a lot to class them as centre forwards:

Gestede
Kodjia
Kozák
Agbonlahor
McCormack
Ayew
And Hutton.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1553 on: January 03, 2017, 09:51:18 AM »
Ah,  Rushian Hutton-Murphy,  I had forgotten him.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #1554 on: January 03, 2017, 10:24:40 AM »
Ah,  Rushian Hutton-Murphy,  I had forgotten him.

I wonder if his, albeit brief appearance yesterday, means RHM will sign a new contract now or if he'll be off to Rangers?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1555 on: January 03, 2017, 10:28:01 AM »
Very poor from Bruce yesterday, he gave Neil Wanker a 45 minute head start and a foothold in the game for his nasty, niggly clogger side to defend. It's Ok Bruce slamming the players, deservedly, but he has to fully shoulder the blame for the selection and learn from it by not picking those players ever again. That's twice he's done it now and it's resulted in our two worst performances and results.

Must do better.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1556 on: January 03, 2017, 10:34:46 AM »
Very poor from Bruce yesterday, he gave Neil Wanker a 45 minute head start and a foothold in the game for his nasty, niggly clogger side to defend. It's Ok Bruce slamming the players, deservedly, but he has to fully shoulder the blame for the selection and learn from it by not picking those players ever again. That's twice he's done it now and it's resulted in our two worst performances and results.

Must do better.

In fairness, he did change it at half time and he did hint that he'd got the team wrong afterwards. Not much consolation after a defeat I know. I hope he gives Tshibola a run now. He can't do any worse.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #1557 on: January 03, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »
Yes he changed it and yes he admitted he made a mistake, both of which are positives.  However it is a mistake that anyone with even a passing knowledge of the relative abilities of Westwood and Gardner ought not to  have made.  Bruce is highly paid to have somewhat more than a passing knowledge of his players, he should know them well enough by now to be able to avoid the blindingly obvious mistakes. It does concern me  that he wasn't able to.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1558 on: January 03, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »
all the shit managers we have had before have been playing against other Prem teams
we are judging Bruces results against theres but we are now playing Burton Albion, Rotherham, Huddersfield etc
we should be getting better results against these teams, Sherwood, Garde, would have done better as well

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1559 on: January 03, 2017, 01:38:13 PM »
I think it's way too soon to be saying Bruce should go. He's done pretty well in the context of the last five years and has been handed a seriously deficient squad. Give him a chance.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal