collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396976 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1485 on: December 19, 2016, 12:15:02 AM »
Bruce has used 352 and it could suit a number of our players - McCormack, grealish, Bacuna, amavi, Jedinak, kodjia.

But it's a hard system to get right. There's no place for adomah. Not sure it suits baker. And the wing backs can get isolated two on one

I'll be honest Matt, I've been a bit underwhelmed by Adomah.  I guess it could be argued that he is still settling in, but from what I have seen, he doesn't produce much in the way of crosses or assists.  Having Hutton behind him doesn't help as most of the passes he receives are misplaced, but he hasn't really offered a lot so far.  Seeing as we get little from the left either, it might be worth switching to wing backs or just leaving the channels open for the full backs to go into.

I just think we have to find a way of playing that accommodates three in midfield and two up front.  Kodjia looked so much better today as part of a front two.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1486 on: December 19, 2016, 09:48:38 AM »
Bruce has used 352 and it could suit a number of our players - McCormack, grealish, Bacuna, amavi, Jedinak, kodjia.

But it's a hard system to get right. There's no place for adomah. Not sure it suits baker. And the wing backs can get isolated two on one

I'll be honest Matt, I've been a bit underwhelmed by Adomah.  I guess it could be argued that he is still settling in, but from what I have seen, he doesn't produce much in the way of crosses or assists.  Having Hutton behind him doesn't help as most of the passes he receives are misplaced, but he hasn't really offered a lot so far.  Seeing as we get little from the left either, it might be worth switching to wing backs or just leaving the channels open for the full backs to go into.

I just think we have to find a way of playing that accommodates three in midfield and two up front.  Kodjia looked so much better today as part of a front two.

Was being part of a front 2 the important bit though?  I think being central and having people get close to him is what matters. So play a 433 but allow the wide forwards to get in the box and encourage one of the midfield 3 to get into the box early.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1487 on: December 19, 2016, 09:38:22 PM »
Adomah doesn't look premier league class but I think he's scored one and assured four (fulham, brighton, Cardiff and one other) already no?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:41:03 PM by Matt Collins »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1488 on: December 20, 2016, 09:08:16 AM »
I like him a lot

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1489 on: December 20, 2016, 09:33:43 AM »
I  thought he did ok on sunday , at least he worked hard , tracked back and tried things .

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #1490 on: December 20, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »
I think we play much more dynamically with Adomah in the side. The ball move more quickly, and it's all a bit less predictable. I think he is inconsistent, but improving.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1491 on: December 20, 2016, 10:05:21 AM »
I like him a lot. He works hard and crosses with both feet, he'd be one of the first names on the sheet for me.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1492 on: December 20, 2016, 12:37:36 PM »
Decent article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/17/steve-bruce-no-illusions-hard-task-restoring-fallen-giant-aston/

Xia, who is said to average just two hours of sleep a night, is a man in a hurry and the Chinese entrepreneur has grandiose plans for the former European Cup winners.

Two hours a night? Maybe he was at that recent Robot conference to have his circuit rewired.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1493 on: December 20, 2016, 12:43:13 PM »
So play a 433 but allow the wide forwards to get in the box and encourage one of the midfield 3 to get into the box early.

Indeed. It's all well and good saying Adomah doesn't get crosses in but there's nobody there to cross to. Kodjia/Gabby/Rudi are always ridiculously outnumbered due to us not getting players into the box. Until we resolve that problem we will continue to struggle to score goals.

Bruce has sorted out the defence (4th best in the division) but attacking wise 18 teams have scored as many (2) or more than us.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #1494 on: December 20, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »
Just wish Adomah would play on the shoulder or hug the touch line but he don't, he always seems to want to go back towards Hutton to get the ball.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1495 on: December 20, 2016, 06:12:38 PM »
The stuff on other threads got me thinking, has a Villa manager had so many problems that were not of his own making?
Gabbys involvement
McCormicks fitness
AAyews attitude
Bakers fragility
Huttons inability
Westwood being Westwood
Gardener not being good enough
Grealish Special talent or passenger?
Kodjia where to play and off to Africa
Gollini or Bunn?
And surplus to requirements Micah Tish Kodak
It's a pretty messy boat.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1496 on: December 20, 2016, 06:15:49 PM »
AAyews attitude

I think that's Slavan Bilic's problem.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1497 on: December 20, 2016, 06:16:46 PM »
The stuff on other threads got me thinking, has a Villa manager had so many problems that were not of his own making?
Gabbys involvement
McCormicks fitness
AAyews attitude
Bakers fragility
Huttons inability
Westwood being Westwood
Gardener not being good enough
Grealish Special talent or passenger?
Kodjia where to play and off to Africa
Gollini or Bunn?
And surplus to requirements Micah Tish Kodak
It's a pretty messy boat.

I'd say that's one of the more over the top posts that I've read in a while. You're making it sound as if we have a team full of misfits. Messy boat, what a load of twaddle.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1498 on: December 20, 2016, 06:19:07 PM »
Other managers seem to do the job with far less talent. As toothless as QPR were on Sunday, they managed to string a few passes together, something we've struggled to do this millennia. I'm being to think Toronto was right, crap football is part of our DNA. We don't 'alf pick 'em.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1499 on: December 20, 2016, 07:15:55 PM »
I  thought he did ok on sunday , at least he worked hard , tracked back and tried things .

The tracking back is one of the things I noticed on Sunday, he did it quite a lot. I like him. His crossing can sometimes be a bit hit and miss but he's not been too bad a buy up to now.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 07:30:33 PM by Clampy »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal