collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396472 times)

Offline Havencheese

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1245 on: November 07, 2016, 08:29:22 PM »
Hull should be docked points and relegated just for that video.

Bringing the panto audience vibe to the terraces.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1246 on: November 08, 2016, 02:11:00 PM »
Random thought about Bruce: the kind of choice we had when he was hired was the kind of choice I wish we had in elections - even though he want my first choice by any means, I don't doubt that he CAN do the job and I'm delighted it's started so well.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1247 on: November 08, 2016, 04:34:04 PM »
At last a manager that has got them playing near or above thier ability.
Still not convinced the squad is balanced but at least we have a manager who knows what he is doing.

I don't think Bruce has got them anywhere near playing near or above their ability. That is (hopefully) yet to come. What he has done and deserves great credit, is getting them to bloody work hard and fight for every ball. It may not sound that impressive as pretty much every team in the Championship does it but before his arrival our lazy arse players lack of fight was the main reason we found ourselves in the relegation zone.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1248 on: November 08, 2016, 08:27:22 PM »
I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does in the transfer window. We might be one solid central midfielder away from grabbing a play off spot. Possibly a centre back too. Good start from Bruce.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1249 on: November 08, 2016, 09:11:34 PM »
I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does in the transfer window. We might be one solid central midfielder away from grabbing a play off spot. Possibly a centre back too. Good start from Bruce.

Bollocks to grabbing a play off spot, that's in the bag. Question is will we go straight up or not.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1250 on: November 11, 2016, 08:07:49 PM »

Bollocks to grabbing a play off spot, that's in the bag. Question is will we go straight up or not.

We're 14th or so aren't we? Hardly in the bag. We've got some tough away fixtures and then the afcon

I'm not taking top six for granted.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1251 on: November 11, 2016, 08:19:49 PM »

We're 14th or so aren't we? Hardly in the bag. We've got some tough away fixtures and then the afcon

Don't be such a bloody wet. The tide has turned, and it is about to come crashing down on the rest of the division.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1252 on: November 11, 2016, 08:27:53 PM »
What? You can not be serious.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1253 on: November 11, 2016, 08:30:27 PM »

Don't be such a bloody wet. The tide has turned, and it is about to come crashing down on the rest of the division.

Fuckyeah.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1254 on: November 12, 2016, 12:42:11 AM »

Fuckyeah.

I approve.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1255 on: November 12, 2016, 12:16:37 PM »
If England decide not to stick with Southgate and Bruce is still on his unbeaten run or close to it, the FA might come in for him, timing is everything in football management

Offline Diablo

« Reply #1256 on: November 12, 2016, 01:37:34 PM »
If he took us up and then took the England job he'd certainly have my blessing. If he left us at a crucial point in the season though (winning streak or not) that would be another matter.

I think some people are getting well carried away with the top 6 certainty - definitely getting promoted- this season comments. We've not lost in 5 but seriously there's a hell of a long way to go (and look at the table lol).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:50:31 PM by Diablo »

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1257 on: November 14, 2016, 06:45:35 AM »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves is all I'm saying. We've won three games. One in the last minute. One in the last ten. And one coming back from 1-0 down against a team in the bottom three

Bruce has made a great start.  But we're hardly steam rollering teams. We'll know more after the next few away games

I do think we'll make the top 6, but I'm not expecting us to coast it

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1258 on: November 14, 2016, 08:44:14 AM »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves is all I'm saying. We've won three games. One in the last minute. One in the last ten. And one coming back from 1-0 down against a team in the bottom three

Bruce has made a great start.  But we're hardly steam rollering teams. We'll know more after the next few away games

I do think we'll make the top 6, but I'm not expecting us to coast it
I'm thinking people are being a bit tongue in cheek.  We've been so shit for so long a bit of false bravado is good fun.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1259 on: November 18, 2016, 10:48:05 PM »
It has been a while since we have had a manager who knows exactly what he is doing.

I feel like I can look forward to games without the possibility of me saying "what the hell formation is THAT?" or "stupid substitution!".

He just knows what he is doing and I am delighted to have been wrong about him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal