collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 397017 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1170 on: November 01, 2016, 12:16:06 AM »
its is a good points total and yeah plenty of good teams grind out a result now and then and generally play below par but get something from a game. I just wonder if you can get promoted doing just that

Since you've already said it's Steve Bruce's way of playing and isn't going to change, and since he's already been promoted four times from this division, isn't the logical answer based on your own comments 'yes'?

well i do realise you like shitty football. some of us don't, thats all. Doesn't make us bad people

So 'yes' then? Since you've decided to attack me with a rather daft comment rather than answer my question.

you started getting all passive agressive. If that's attacking you, you need to man up

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1171 on: November 01, 2016, 12:19:47 AM »
its is a good points total and yeah plenty of good teams grind out a result now and then and generally play below par but get something from a game. I just wonder if you can get promoted doing just that

Since you've already said it's Steve Bruce's way of playing and isn't going to change, and since he's already been promoted four times from this division, isn't the logical answer based on your own comments 'yes'?

well i do realise you like shitty football. some of us don't, thats all. Doesn't make us bad people

There's only one type of shitty football and it got us four wins in 51 matches.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1172 on: November 01, 2016, 12:21:59 AM »

There's only one type of shitty football and it got us four wins in 51 matches.

well quite, i would just like to see us winning playing a bit of football in the process

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1173 on: November 01, 2016, 12:25:58 AM »
I'm also disgusted that we aren't playing like Barcelona four games into Bruce's management.

He's got to go.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1174 on: November 01, 2016, 12:28:22 AM »
I'm also disgusted that we aren't playing like Barcelona four games into Bruce's management.

He's got to go.

thats not what i'm saying is it. dominating a game we win and having the majority of possession is not really aspiring to the heights of Barcelona is it? A lot of team do it all the time

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1175 on: November 01, 2016, 12:29:05 AM »

He's got to go.

thats not what i'm saying is it. dominating a game we win and having the majority of possession is not really aspiring to the heights of Barcelona is it? A lot of team do it all the time

Not after five years of shite they don't.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1176 on: November 01, 2016, 12:30:15 AM »
We've been garbage for years. Expecting him to turn it around after four games is beyond ludicrous.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1177 on: November 01, 2016, 12:30:51 AM »
After seeing us win 3 league games in the previous 14 months I couldn't give a shite how we play as long as we win.

We were crap on Sunday, big deal, we nearly always play crap there which is why we haven't won a league game at the sty by more than one goal since 1970.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1178 on: November 01, 2016, 12:34:05 AM »

He's got to go.

Not after five years of shite they don't.

well lets hope paulie's brother-in-law is wrong and we will eventually pass it a bit once Bruce gets things sorted, and its not his entire modus operandi

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1179 on: November 01, 2016, 12:36:40 AM »
Why does having the majority of possession matter to you?

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1180 on: November 01, 2016, 12:37:47 AM »
erm..I like passing football?

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1181 on: November 01, 2016, 12:38:45 AM »
We tried that under Garde, did you like that?

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1182 on: November 01, 2016, 12:41:50 AM »
no we didn't. He was clueless. Passing isn't the be all and end all of a good team, but it helps to actually have the ball occassionally.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:44:35 AM by sickbeggar »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1183 on: November 01, 2016, 06:57:47 AM »
I said on Sunday that I was pleased with the point, as despite in my view us not turning up as an attacking threat, we looked defensively solid and got a point when not playing well.

That's twice now against Wolves and SHA where we've been off the pace but instead of rolling over, we've stayed in there and ground out a draw.

I thought Reading was a classic away performance and we deserved the last minute goal for being the only threatening side. Fulham should have been more and the second half we upped it and should have had more.

Blackburn is critical that we capitalise and turn Sundays point into a very good one in context as there's a chance to turn the six point gap between us and the place offs into a 4/6.

That would be significant improvement after just 5 games and if we kept the gap that small or narrowed it further between now and January then I'm confident that with money to spend we'd over haul it.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #1184 on: November 01, 2016, 08:30:11 AM »
I agree with Ads.  The focus has to be the results.  Every game is a cup final and the manner of the way we play is secondary to the result.  Needs must and we all have a common goal of wanting to see the side promoted.  If we achieve that, will anyone care this time next year, about how we played this season?

Everyone on this forum wants to see us winning and winning in style.  It's not that simple though.  Under RDM, we played some great football.  Take Forest for example.  It was a great game and there was some great intricate passing from our front 4.  Fulham was not great but fans left the stadium a lot happier than they did after Forest.

The Championship is not pretty.  There are not that many footballing sides that I'm aware of.  Bruce has plenty of experience of the decision.  I trust him to know what he's doing.  He has only been in charge for 4 games, beautiful flowing football is not going to happen overnight.  He clearly wants to make us more difficult to break down, to start with.  That would probably be a priority for 90%of new managers.  Once we have the basics, I'm sure the football will improve.  In the meantime, lets just be pleased that we're climbing the table.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal