collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:14:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:12:54 PM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396680 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1005 on: October 30, 2016, 07:43:32 PM »
I'd have rather that chance had fallen to Baker than him, it was a pitiful strike to add to his vast portfolio.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1006 on: October 30, 2016, 08:04:27 PM »
Can't believe some of the crap said on here!

We have been shit for absolutely ages, we have had 4 managers (including caretakers) since October 2015 all bloody useless, during that time we have P44 W4 D15 L25, won 4 f**king games!

Then Bruce comes in, not one of these players has he bought, yet in 4 games he is unbeaten with 2 wins and 2 draws, yet for some people that is still not good enough because we aren't playing like Barcelona yet!

Give the bloke a bit of credit for what he has achieved in the extremely short time he has been here, he is stuck with the players he has inherited for now, so he has to play players that the fans (due to past endevours) aren't happy about but that is not Bruce's fault!

100% agree

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1007 on: October 30, 2016, 08:20:16 PM »

We have been shit for absolutely ages, we have had 4 managers (including caretakers) since October 2015 all bloody useless, during that time we have P44 W4 D15 L25, won 4 f**king games!

Then Bruce comes in, not one of these players has he bought, yet in 4 games he is unbeaten with 2 wins and 2 draws, yet for some people that is still not good enough because we aren't playing like Barcelona yet!

Give the bloke a bit of credit for what he has achieved in the extremely short time he has been here, he is stuck with the players he has inherited for now, so he has to play players that the fans (due to past endevours) aren't happy about but that is not Bruce's fault!

100% agree

Same.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #1008 on: October 30, 2016, 08:20:50 PM »

100% agree

Agree totally.

All I see is an experienced manager who has come in and got us looking a solid half decent unit inside 4 games. Personally I'm happy with the start he's made and I'm certainly not even thinking about what we'd be like in  the Premier League.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1009 on: October 30, 2016, 08:33:24 PM »
if you saw a decent half solid unit today then fair play. I just saw the same mistakes made all season going unpunished for once by the combination of luck and worse finishers than Heskey playing for the opposition

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #1010 on: October 30, 2016, 08:37:43 PM »
if you saw a decent half solid unit today then fair play. I just saw the same mistakes made all season going unpunished for once by the combination of luck and worse finishers than Heskey playing for the opposition
Yeah we're utter shit we've gone completely downhill

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1011 on: October 30, 2016, 08:39:34 PM »

we were worse than SHA today yeah. they're not very good

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #1012 on: October 30, 2016, 08:45:43 PM »

I would be really interested to know how you think Bruce could have done any better given the circumstances 8 out of 12 points FFS

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1013 on: October 30, 2016, 08:47:00 PM »
Indeed.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1014 on: October 30, 2016, 08:49:46 PM »

Given his lack of options in midfield he has done well. Performances arent great but we are getting points on the board. Baby steps and all that

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1015 on: October 30, 2016, 08:52:32 PM »

I would be really interested to know how you think Bruce could have done any better given the circumstances 8 out of 12 points FFS

play it on the floor, pass? My point is simple, unfortunately Clayton Donaldson having a mare is not going to be on the end of the most of the attacks we face this season. yeah we sneaked it and got another draw we didn't deserve, just like some of the draws or losses we didn't deserve under RDM for the opposite reasons. Sooner or later your luck runs out

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1016 on: October 30, 2016, 08:54:37 PM »

Given his lack of options in midfield he has done well. Performances arent great but we are getting points on the board. Baby steps and all that

yeah quite. no-one sane would blame Bruce for the squad he's inherited, though i'd say it's more to his liking than rdm's

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #1017 on: October 30, 2016, 08:57:12 PM »

play it on the floor, pass? My point is simple, unfortunately Clayton Donaldson having a mare is not going to be on the end of the most of the attacks we face this season. yeah we sneaked it and got another draw we didn't deserve, just like some of the draws or losses we didn't deserve under RDM for the opposite reasons. Sooner or later your luck runs out
Bloody hell how about taking each match as it comes rather than doom mongering about what might happen. We've got a shitty fixture out of the way let's just push on eh?

Online LukeJames

« Reply #1018 on: October 30, 2016, 09:00:16 PM »

Play it on the floor and pass? May aswell get RDM back then.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1019 on: October 30, 2016, 09:03:57 PM »

Play it on the floor and pass? May aswell get RDM back then.

well the only difference between bruce's worse games and RDM's is the inability of the opposition to put their chances away in Bruce's. Like i said lucky or new manager bounce. I hope its the former

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal