collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396622 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #825 on: October 17, 2016, 03:41:41 PM »
I think Osman on one leg could perform better than some of our midfield players! As I said, a short-term deal for a couple of months would help us and the player - agree about fitness, which might be a concern.
Yeah, but people thought on one leg Jedinak and Elphick would out perform the previous incumbents.  It doesn't always work out that way.  Frankly, I suspect we would have been better off with Sanchez and Lescott.

I agree on the Sanchez front. Can we not haul him back?

Would you leave Florence for a relagation battle in Birmingham?

I would (I've never been but my wife's mom had her handbag snatched there last year so the place is dead to me).

** edited to add wife's, typed far too quickly for my own good and missed a word.

I had a camera nicked their when I went but the city is absolutely beautiful. It's like everything is made of marble and doesn't look real. It reminded me of that scene in the Simpsons where Homer is having a dream and everything (all the walls/houses) are made of sweets and Homer skips around biting chunks out of everything. Florence is a lot like that.

Verona even more so - I was gobsmacked that not only the pavements and gutters are marble but the drain gratings in said gutters are carved from marble.

Wow! Sold! Verona is now added to my travel list, to make me even happier I'll make sure I go when the football season is on ;-)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #826 on: October 17, 2016, 04:34:24 PM »
But no, I don't think we could bring Sanchez back.  I think it's a season long loan with an option to buy.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #827 on: October 17, 2016, 05:20:10 PM »
I think Osman on one leg could perform better than some of our midfield players! As I said, a short-term deal for a couple of months would help us and the player - agree about fitness, which might be a concern.
Yeah, but people thought on one leg Jedinak and Elphick would out perform the previous incumbents.  It doesn't always work out that way.  Frankly, I suspect we would have been better off with Sanchez and Lescott.

I agree on the Sanchez front. Can we not haul him back?

Would you leave Florence for a relagation battle in Birmingham?

I would (I've never been but my wife's mom had her handbag snatched there last year so the place is dead to me).

** edited to add wife's, typed far too quickly for my own good and missed a word.

I had a camera nicked their when I went but the city is absolutely beautiful. It's like everything is made of marble and doesn't look real. It reminded me of that scene in the Simpsons where Homer is having a dream and everything (all the walls/houses) are made of sweets and Homer skips around biting chunks out of everything. Florence is a lot like that.

I hope it was clear that I was taking the piss but if not I'd love to visit, the in-laws loved the place despite the problem mentioned, it's just the first thing that comes to mind whenever I talk about it now.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #828 on: October 21, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »

Online tomd2103

« Reply #829 on: October 21, 2016, 01:11:17 PM »
But no, I don't think we could bring Sanchez back.  I think it's a season long loan with an option to buy.

I don't think we need Sanchez back to be honest.  If we continue with a midfield three, he would play in the defensive role in that system and we already have Jedinak, Westwood and Lyden who can play that role.  What we really could do with is a player to fill one of the two more advance midfield roles.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #830 on: October 21, 2016, 02:07:49 PM »

I don't think we need Sanchez back to be honest.  If we continue with a midfield three, he would play in the defensive role in that system and we already have Jedinak, Westwood and Lyden who can play that role.  What we really could do with is a player to fill one of the two more advance midfield roles.
Except that Jedinak has been utterly shite, which was kind of the point re Sanchez.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #831 on: October 21, 2016, 03:02:12 PM »
I watched the press conference this morning. I just really like how Bruce comes across. Very common sense.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #832 on: October 21, 2016, 03:55:48 PM »

Except that Jedinak has been utterly shite, which was kind of the point re Sanchez.

Er, and the bit about Westwood being capable of fulfilling a defensive role. That's like saying Alan Wright was capable of providing goalkeeping cover.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #833 on: October 21, 2016, 10:09:15 PM »

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #834 on: October 21, 2016, 10:19:51 PM »
I do like him - I really do - but...

http://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/
His son Alex was on 5Live earlier...said the books were written by someone else and his dad had nothing to do with the writing...but is probably earning something from the sale(s)! ;-)

Not much, obviously!

richtheholtender

« Reply #835 on: October 21, 2016, 10:21:50 PM »

Like that Carlos Gill fella?

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #836 on: October 22, 2016, 07:21:02 AM »
Just a thought ,if we somehow get promoted this season, do you think Sanchez, Gill and Vertout will return?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #837 on: October 22, 2016, 08:19:13 AM »
Just a thought ,if we somehow get promoted this season, do you think Sanchez, Gill and Vertout will return?

Let's hope not, eh?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #838 on: October 22, 2016, 10:23:58 AM »
How are they all doing, do we need to pay someone to maintain the "Players Out On-Loan" thread? Footyskillz might do it for free as part of his work experience.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #839 on: October 22, 2016, 11:32:54 AM »

Let's hope not, eh?

Seconded.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal